PDA

View Full Version : Holmes' Hope

steelersbabex25
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jZZFG-hhtxXFfjmBZWG1UKHb1vzg

MIAMI A year ago, Santonio Holmes got his hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Watching someone else take a turn with the NFL's shiny silver chalice this season is a difficult reality for the Pittsburgh Steelers' standout wide receiver.

As such, here was his Super Bowl pick:

He wanted both the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints ... to lose.

"I kind of wish both teams would lose so that we could still be the Super Bowl champions, but we know that's not going to happen," Holmes said. "But it's great to see someone else get an opportunity for the biggest game on the biggest stage to help solidify a place in their career, in their history."

Holmes was in South Florida for part of Super Bowl week, attending some Reebok events and mingling with other NFL players. But by game time Sunday, he was long gone, saying he wanted to only watch on television instead.

"I am not playing," Holmes said, "so I will not be there in attendance."

For his actual pick, Holmes was noncommittal.

"I've got friends on both teams," Holmes said.

That still didn't mean he wanted any of those friends taking over for the Steelers as Super Bowl champions.

You could just say that this whole article is naive of Holmes, but I love where he's coming from here. Atleast we know that one Steeler player doesn't like having the Lombardi Trophy taken away from them. I hope that this drive to win is what the Steelers need to rebound next year, and I feel like if any Steeler was going to be the one to kick this team into gear, it would be Holmes.:imho:

LatrobePA
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Someone better the coaches sure didn't! Good read thanks for posting!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Getting owned in the AFCN this year should be all the motivation we need, but I can see where Holmes would rather just stay home and watch it. Being the defending champs and having such a crappy year would make me want to not be around everyone else either..lol

75Steeler
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Santonio will get there again.... Maybe next season. I read an article about him growing up in Belle Glades Fla. It was really interesting. After the Super Bowl win last year while everyone else was partying he was in his room with his 3 kids watching movies.

steelersbabex25
02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Santonio will get there again.... Maybe next season. I read an article about him growing up in Belle Glades Fla. It was really interesting. After the Super Bowl win last year while everyone else was partying he was in his room with his 3 kids watching movies.

With his 3 kids. From 3 different mothers. Must have been one awkward family get together :lol:.

But in all seriousness, I admire the guy for that. Atleast he didn't kick them all to the curb and say f**k it. Although, guess it's easy to do that when you're getting paid millions of dollars a year.

A Pac
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
But in all seriousness, I admire the guy for that. Atleast he didn't kick them all to the curb and say f**k it. Although, guess it's easy to do that when you're getting paid millions of dollars a year.

i understand that there are a lot of guys who ditch there kids: famous or not. however, nobody should admire a guy for stepping up and being a father to his children. nobody celebrates any other father when he takes care of his kids, why should a football player be any different? i always thought it was great when you see these guys who get defensive and the first thing that comes out there mouths is: "i take care of my kids!" chris rock said it best: "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS! what do you want, a cookie?"

LatrobePA
02-09-2010, 08:49 AM
i understand that there are a lot of guys who ditch there kids: famous or not. however, nobody should admire a guy for stepping up and being a father to his children. nobody celebrates any other father when he takes care of his kids, why should a football player be any different? i always thought it was great when you see these guys who get defensive and the first thing that comes out there mouths is: "i take care of my kids!" chris rock said it best: "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS! what do you want, a cookie?"

Your avatar is a trip...I like it!

Holmes is still very young, had kids when he was a kid, A++ for changing his life style to spend more time with them...3 diffrent baby momma's would make it hard to get them all at the same time.....

A Pac
02-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Your avatar is a trip...I like it!

Holmes is still very young, had kids when he was a kid, A++ for changing his life style to spend more time with them...3 diffrent baby momma's would make it hard to get them all at the same time.....

that is something to admire. not all guys mature that fast.

i think that the rooney's had a HUGE part in that. i still say that when he was arrested for domestic abuse and possession, dan took him aside and told him: look, you can either clean up your act and play for a contender, or you can throw your life away and be traded to oakland where you will never sniff the playoffs. the choice is yours.

LatrobePA
02-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Heck yea they did, remember not long ago he was busted with a blunt and more weed in his car. Missed the game against the Giants, that I believe was his turning point!

steelersbabex25
02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
And, I for one, am glad he did change. He makes a big difference on the Steelers offense, and it's always nice to know a player like that isn't a complete *******.