PDA

View Full Version : What do we gotta do to rebound?

Brad 69
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Discuss what you think the steelers have to do to rebound next year and be a dominant team in the NFL again.

LatrobePA
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Stay healthy!

75Steeler
02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Stay healthy!

:plus1:

Being mentally sharp for every game not just the games against tough teams will also help. We lost to the worst teams in the NFL and beat the best. How does that work? They thought those games were in the bag and they played like they didn't care so they lost.

Sir Blitzelot
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah I agree, the Steelers just have to remain healthy next year. The injuries to Troy and Aaron were crippling to this team, and were key contributers to the Steelers lack of success.

SteelCityKid5
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Stay healthy and im sure they will have more hunger than last year

kgreen
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Stay healthy and have a god damn killer instinct! Put away these bad teams early! I am tired of us playing down to the level of our opponents.

coldrolled
02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Not another BA thread........:reddevil:

cmerrifield
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I think put Gay back as the Nickel corner and part time player. He played every third series with McFadden and played well, so I think he is the only personal change that needs to be made. Not sure who replaces him though. Otherwise they need to play to full potential every game. I will give one example. Starks gave up no sacks to Jared Allen, but other times it was like we were playing without a LT. So just being mentally prepared for every game.

Goodfrom55
02-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Steelers need to be more opportunistic and play tighter coverage on defense and be more effective running the ball and less predictable play calling on offense.

Covering kicks would also be nice.

SteelerSteve
02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I just want to see one damn game where it is decided before the 2 minute warning in the 4th. I cant think of a game last season that wasn't a complete heart attack

Goodfrom55
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I just want to see one damn game where it is decided before the 2 minute warning in the 4th. I cant think of a game last season that wasn't a complete heart attack

Good point. Definitely need a few games where we can just relax and enjoy the 4th quarter instead of kicking the dog and chugging a 5th of Jack because they blew another lead.

steelersbabex25
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Not give up 17+ points in the 4th quarter for one..

SteelerSteve
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Good point. Definitely need a few games where we can just relax and enjoy the 4th quarter instead of kicking the dog and chugging a 5th of Jack because they blew another lead.lol Thats funny because I pretty much did that on a few occasions...except it was crown

Callax
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Better play from our Defense
Gay to nickel (better yet DIME DB)
healthy Troy and A Smith
RUN the ball more
we have the back, now Ben throwing for 4000+ yards is nice, but eat the clock...

back to point number one
Defense play better!!!! is Farrior too old now??? improve DB's

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Run the ball more effectively, pick up some better CBs, Stay healthy, and have a great draft.

SnakeEyes43
02-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Better play from the defense (bye bye Gay and a healthy Troy and Smith will help). Also the Farrior question is a good one....is he getting too old? IDK, this season will surely tell. Also not letting our $100 million QB get sacked 50 times a season would be great.. And I agree with running the ball more, but can Mendenhall take the full load (without injury, we need him healthy in the playoffs if we make it!) or do we get someone to help out? Is Moore and Mendy a good enough combo?

DanRooney
02-04-2010, 04:14 AM
1. Cut William Gay and Tyrone Carter
2. Get younger on D (Farrior, Hampton, and Clark all need guys waiting in their footsteps)
3. No more empty backfield sets

That is all.

andyg1984
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
replace hartwig/random RG fill in's ...the D will obviously be better next year if we can stay healthy ... not sure how we improve the C/RG situation in this draft tho ..

i would love to see us run more, but until the C/RG combo is improved i would expect more of the same from BA .. mendenhall has a ton of stuff he needs to work on as well to help the run game (decisiveness, finishing runs, ball security and general awareness)

DanRooney
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
replace hartwig/random RG fill in's ...the D will obviously be better next year if we can stay healthy ... not sure how we improve the C/RG situation in this draft tho ..

i would love to see us run more, but until the C/RG combo is improved i would expect more of the same from BA .. mendenhall has a ton of stuff he needs to work on as well to help the run game (decisiveness, finishing runs, ball security and general awareness)

Good point. I'm hoping we can snag Bulaga in the first and the Matt Tennant, the center from BC in the 2nd.

K Train
02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
tennant is scrappy but undersized. i have a crush on pouncey though

no way we take 2 olinemen in a row like that, that would be actually addressing a need and letting it be known that they concede the oline sucks.

JensK
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
tennant is scrappy but undersized. i have a crush on pouncey though

no way we take 2 olinemen in a row like that, that would be actually addressing a need and letting it be known that they concede the oline sucks.

I think Tennant did fairly will at Senior Bowl though. Nothing flashy, but thats not what you want out of our center anyways

A Pac
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
getting a few lineman in the draft would help enormously. we all the steelers can draft so getting a couple of solid lineman shouldn't be too big of a problem. the brown's defensive line isn't exactly on the viking's level, yet we got to ben all night and sacked him 8 times. there is a definite need for pass blocking on the steelers team.