PDA

View Full Version : Pro bowl

75Steeler
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I know it doesn't count for anything but I really enjoyed the Pro Bowl last night. Some of our guys got some decent play time and looked really good. Miller, Harrison, and Woodley represented the black and gold well.

:cope:

SnakeEyes43
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that Woodley interception for a TD was pretty sweet, but got called back! Miller had a nice 13 yard reception and even Silverback got a pick! I enjoyed it.:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I watched most of it off and on, the pro bowls never have much defense to speak of but it was nice to see Wood & Harrison get a good amount of snaps and make some plays. I was real happy to see Heath out there getting his shot too.

I guess it's a nice idea to have it before the super bowl, so it gets more exposure, apparently the ratings for it were the best in a long time. It sucks that the super bowl players couldn't participate though; that takes some of the excitement out of it.

The way the NFL is, having such a short season compared to the other sports, that I'm not sure you could ever have an all star type of atmosphere like the NHL, MLB, or NBA has. It is what it is though, so all in all it was cool.

Link to the story on the PG... (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10032/1032614-66.stm)

LatrobePA
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I liked hearing the "Heath" chant from the crowd when he made his catch!

steelersbabex25
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Woodley looked great I thought, even if it was meaningless. Here's a great article about the probowl

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-probowlchirade013110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Basically talks about how the players don't really try, how it's a meaningless game, how it's useless, blah blah blah. I especially enjoyed the part where Lamarr Woodley said he took so long to get to the endzone on his "pick 6" because he wanted some extra camera time.

Brad 69
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
HEATH IS MY TRUE FAVORITTE PLAYER SO I REALLY ENJOYED SEEING HIM PLAY EVEN IF HE DIDNT TOUCH THE BALL MUCH I STILL ENJOYED:tt02::banana::banana::tt02: WATCHING HIM PLAY

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I enjoyed it. It was different.

Zachintosh66
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Pro Bowl was a joke... no hitting, no contact, lame! Would rather them play a flag game or no game at all and turn it in to an Awards show...

Brad 69
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Pro Bowl was a joke... no hitting, no contact, lame! Would rather them play a flag game or no game at all and turn it in to an Awards show...
I like watchin players from the steelers play but I would rather they aired the skills competition instead of airin it 5 years later

LatrobePA
02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
I like watchin players from the steelers play but I would rather they aired the skills competition instead of airin it 5 years later

Very true...I like watching Casey kick *** in bench pressing!

Brad 69
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Very true...I like watching Casey kick *** in bench pressing!
I think heath would hold his own in the hands competition aswell

SteelerSteve
02-05-2010, 03:48 AM
I want to see a bunch of quarter back competitions, accuracy, arm strength etc. Benching was always a fun one too.