PDA

View Full Version : What was more impressive?

xxxsteelernation
01-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Franco's imacculate reception or troy's one handed pick

steelersbabex25
01-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Um.. well considering Franco's immaculate reception is one of the most famous plays ever to happen in the NFL, and it was to win an AFC divisional playoff game in the last seconds, I would say the immaculate reception was about 10000 times more impressive than Troy's one amazing pick out of several that he's had. That's kinda like saying what's more impressive, Holmes catch at the end of the superbowl, or Wallaces near exact repeat of it during the regular season. Both impressive, but the timing makes one much much much more impressive than the other.

xxxsteelernation
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
good point, was actually just meaning the difficulty of the play.

Stlrs4Life
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Still Franco.

SnakeEyes43
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Hmm, gotta say immaculate reception based on popularity and it just being on of the most amazing plays ever :yesnod:. But Troy has had more amazing "skill" plays I would say, being that the immaculate reception was somewhat freakish luck. As far as Troy goes, I'm talking like the Superman Tackle from the Denver AFC Championship game, the AFC Championship game last year (the INT for TD and that 4th and 1 on Flacco), the one-handed interception from this years Titans game (plus when he uprooted Johnson behind the line), the one-handed diving catch against San Diego (and the last minute TD that got over turned), and many more. He is pretty amazing. :banana:

Zachintosh66
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
franco, hands down... no pun intended

acero
01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
ben's tackle in the divisional playoff vs colts in the 2005 season was dramatic to say the least.

also as its been mentioned already troy s diving hand int vs san diego was awesome

75Steeler
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Franco will win this hands down because of the history behind it. Troy makes plays like his one handed interception a couple times a year and it is almost expected of him. Troy will go down in history as one of the best to ever play the game.

TEEMONT
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Troy's pick, b/c anything that happened before '82 doesn't really matter to me.

jcloss23
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
troys pick was ****ing great, but it was just a regular season game, not as big as the reception at all

steelersbabex25
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
good point, was actually just meaning the difficulty of the play.

I realize that, I'm saying the timing of one made it more impressive than the other.

Callax
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
1st, I love Troy.. the way he plays the game and ALL the amazing plays he pulls off. All the ones described in the earlier postings...
BUT
Franco's reception wins because of the incredible timing & direction of the deflection, the "right place at the right time" just to be able to catch the pass and the circumstances of the game:
4th down
losing by more than 5 points
end of the game
a desperate pass
questionable contact
all the elements combined to make such a play happen.
Troy every year makes a few highlight reel plays
EVERY YEAR!!!
FINAL WORD:

FRANCO's Immaculate Reception

Scorp
02-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm going to take Troy's pick. I was not born yet when Imacculate Reception took place, therefore i did not witness the play like Troy's.

Silverback
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
If your asking just based on pure skill required to execute the play, troy's pick obviously. That being said I'm not sure the Immaculate reception was really skillful at all, just in the right place at the right time, you know how it is.