PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace or Nate Washington

xxxsteelernation
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Is it just me or Mike wallaces rookie year is better than the whole steeler career of nate washington? I understand that there is always the sophmore slump. but it just seemed that Wallace came throught with the big catches when we needed them.

steelersbabex25
01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
That's not even a question...at all. If you even begin to wonder whether you'd rather have Mike Wallace or Nate Washington you need to get your head examined. Mike Wallace is better than Nate Washington at everything, and he's just a rookie. This is just kinda dumb..IMHO, of course :).

K Train
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
nate washington was ok and the drafting of wallace was a direct replacement of nates straight line speed but its not even close whos better....but nate was an UDFA, his ceiling was never very high

Zachintosh66
01-26-2010, 08:52 PM
As much as I liked Nate (from the same hometown). Wallace will make more of an impact than Nate ever could have dreamed.

Callax
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
HANDS DOWN MW IS AND WILL BE BETTER!!!!

Nate did pretty good for himself to build himself up from being a UFA to a #3 WR.
He must be thanking the stars for that FAT contract Tenn gave him, BUT HE IS NOT WORTH THAT KIND OF SCRATCH!!!!!

Wallace is better from the day he steeped on Heinz Field. I recall only 1 pass he dropped that he should of caught.... I know he dropped more, but only 1 pass remember he dropped???
I think that is pretty good.
Nate dropped at least 1 pass EVERY GAME!!!!!!

remember Pitt @ NYG, we were winning, Nate let an easy TD go thru his hands. He holds on to that and Pitt wins....

FINAL ANSWER:
Mike Wallace is FAR Superior to Nate Washington

cmerrifield
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
2008, Nate 40 receptions 631 yards,
2009 Wallace 39 receptions 756 yards.

That is Nate's best year vs. Wallace's rookie year. I think this one goes to Wallace

Callax
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM
2008, Nate 40 receptions 631 yards,
2009 Wallace 39 receptions 756 yards.

That is Nate's best year vs. Wallace's rookie year. I think this one goes to Wallace

I think this simple statistic tells everything that needs to be said......
FYI, how many Touchdowns did each WR get their prospective year???

cmerrifield
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I think this simple statistic tells everything that needs to be said......
FYI, how many Touchdowns did each WR get their prospective year???

Washington had only three, but the year before that, he had six and Wallace had six.

xxxsteelernation
01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
ok obviously it's not a contract year and rooney's don't really do transactions untill that comes up, do we offer wallace a longer contract. and what do we do with the dead weight like sweed and foster?

cmerrifield
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
There is no reason to offer him a new contract, especially since Holmes is still playing on his rookie contract. He cannot play for anyone else. If he continues to play well, he will get his contract and the starting job when Hines is done.

What Foster are you talking about, if its Ramon, he is playing for league minimum, hardly dead weight, we can cut him next year if we need to without any real penalty.

xxxsteelernation
01-26-2010, 10:48 PM
There is no reason to offer him a new contract, especially since Holmes is still playing on his rookie contract. He cannot play for anyone else. If he continues to play well, he will get his contract and the starting job when Hines is done.

What Foster are you talking about, if its Ramon, he is playing for league minimum, hardly dead weight, we can cut him next year if we need to without any real penalty.

ya i meant ramon foster, my point in dead weight is the taking up of roster space not contractial oblications, sorry i didn't specify. but our ol needs to be better and even though the oline coach got fired, i still see just fudamentals missed by our o line. so hoping that arians offensive football 4 dummies and the new o line coach can get on the same page

acero
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
mike W. this is a no brainer the guy is a natural, with nate they had to be on his tail

scott0326
01-27-2010, 12:40 AM
This isn't even really debatable really... Wallace in a landslide..

Blazedby92
01-27-2010, 08:05 AM
What would even make someone start this thread?
Maybe Nate or Andre Hastings or ernie mills, c'mon man!!

Zachintosh66
01-27-2010, 08:11 AM
What would even make someone start this thread?
Maybe Nate or Andre Hastings or ernie mills, c'mon man!!

Bobby Shaw :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Dude, Bobby Shaw was epic with that super man tshirt he sported on the last game of the season after scoring a meanlingless TD :lol:

Really though, if you have to wonder who is better between Nate & Wallace, then you really should rethink that thought process. Wallace has done more for this team in his rookie season than Nate did for us his entire time here.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Dude, Bobby Shaw was epic with that super man tshirt he sported on the last game of the season after scoring a meanlingless TD :lol:

Really though, if you have to wonder who is better between Nate & Wallace, then you really should rethink that thought process. Wallace has done more for this team in his rookie season than Nate did for us his entire time here.

Hey I remember Bobby Shaw catching a very long TD pass from Kordell Stewart ( I think it was 90 yards) against the Ravens in Baltimore to clinch the AFC Central back in 2001...........lol Shaw was ok......nothing great....lol

As for Nate Washington and Mike Wallace.....Ktrain said best and I agree.......Nate was an undrafted player so he exceeded my expectations.......I think Nate turned into a solid NFL WR from despite him coming from a very small school......Mike Wallace was drafted in the third round so I figured he would be a very good WR but not this soon which turned into a pleasant surprise......

But yes I like Mike Wallace and I'm excited to see him grow next year....But he has to prove he can do it again........Troy Edwards also had a very solid rookie season......I'm not saying Mike Wallace is going to be Troy Edwards....But just pointing it out its not written in stone that Mike Wallace will improve......For the record I do think Mike Wallace is legit.....

SnakeEyes43
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Mike Wallace has so much more potnetial than Nate ever did. Wallace by far is the better WR.