PDA

View Full Version : Terrific Towel?

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2010/01/colts-roll-out-terrific-towel.html

COLTS ROLL OUT "TERRIFIC TOWEL" (http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2010/01/colts-roll-out-terrific-towel.html)

Posted by mondesishouse | 8:54 PM | Indianapolis Colts (http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Indianapolis%20Colts), Pittsburgh Steelers (http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Pittsburgh%20Steelers) | 4 comments (https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=29893900&postID=8696921688940716369&isPopup=true) #fullpost{display:inline;} http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/S1z6Cz1zRyI/AAAAAAAACpw/xVINewkPcjY/s400/terrific.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/S1z6Cz1zRyI/AAAAAAAACpw/xVINewkPcjY/s1600-h/terrific.jpg)Congratulations to the AFC Champion Indianapolis Colts, who failed to impress anyone in the originality department with their "Terrific Towel" in the stands this afternoon. And to add insult to injury, the creator of this even was as far as to use the same font as the Terrible Towel. I can only hope they know the address for the Allegheny Valley School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel#Rights_and_proceeds).

For the record, Mondesi's House will not be accepting any photo submissions of Terrific Towels around the globe. Just wanted to throw that out there.

There should be a law suit here somewhere.:evilshake:

steelersbabex25
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Honestly? Is this a joke? I mean, teams have been kind of copying the idea of the terrible towel since it was invented, but honestly, putting some blue and white on it and calling it something different? That's like doing a complete dishonor to Myron Cope. He must be rolling over in his grave. The terrible towel is the symbol of STEELER COUNTRY, just because you make a knockoff of it and use it when your team makes the playoffs doesn't make you original. Seriously, it's always the things with the terrible towel that get my blood boiling :evilshake::willybs:

P.S. This make my want for the Saints to win 10000000x greater.
P.S.S. Terrific Towel? Super cool! And by cool I mean extremely lame.

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
No joke I guess. They used the same font, which the TT is copywrighted. Anmd the wierd thing is, the TT was 1st used versus the Colts in 1975 playoff game.

steelersbabex25
01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Seriously kiddo, put you're all mighty "Terrific Towel" away. We have a new law for the curse of the Terrible Towel now..

LatrobePA
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Silly! F Manning and crew!!

Lets go Saints (the other black & gold for now)!!

75Steeler
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
This is nothing more than bad news for the Colts. Anyone who disrespects the towel loses in the end. GO SAINTS!!!

:cope:

SteelCityKid5
01-26-2010, 11:10 PM
I looked it up and this is the definition of a wannabe

xxxsteelernation
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM
The terrible towl has been around for 35 years and for the colts to make a knockoff is just gross and dispicable. And after the super bowl probably be seen in trash cans around the state...cause i'm predicting a saints win. But mimiking the terrible towl is not only disrespecting to the steelers but direspectful to cope, the childrens school. and every member of steeler nation who has shed tears on that towl. joyful and heartbreaking

--- Added 1/26/2010 at 10:47 PM ---

O and also it's insulting to all the hard workin union steelworkers who laid the"foundations" for america with all there hard work.

Big T
01-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I love it....all these "fans" of other teams try to blast the steelers and their "**** yellow towels" and they go amd try to copy it....this is some sad ****

--- Added 1/26/2010 at 11:40 PM ---

The terrible towl has been around for 35 years and for the colts to make a knockoff is just gross and dispicable. And after the super bowl probably be seen in trash cans around the state...cause i'm predicting a saints win. But mimiking the terrible towl is not only disrespecting to the steelers but direspectful to cope, the childrens school. and every member of steeler nation who has shed tears on that towl. joyful and heartbreaking

--- Added 1/26/2010 at 10:47 PM ---

O and also it's insulting to all the hard workin union steelworkers who laid the"foundations" for america with all there hard work.

I understand and somewhat agree but that is a "little" dramatic....

igor0190
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
This is nothing more than bad news for the Colts. Anyone who disrespects the towel loses in the end. GO SAINTS!!!
:cope:

:plus1:

Manning sh*ts the bed and the Saints win!

xxxsteelernation
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
you would think that teams would learn not to disrespect the terrible towel. Cincy, ravens, and tenessee about it. So i think it would really solidify it if colt's lose the super bowl and next season payton tears his right throwing arm. and colt's go maybe 1-15

PsychoWard
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
:wtf: That is just crazy same font and all that is total bull ****!!!

TampaSteelGirl
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Ohh boy! This is bad..bad..bad for the Colts...when are players and fans going to get it....you don't f*ck with our :bigtowel:

Geesh!!! Just don't understand...our towel is NOT a joke. I"m sure the Colts themselves don't know about this yet and when they do, they will all be crapping in their shorts!!!

Zachintosh66
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
is that the curse i hear?

SnakeEyes43
01-27-2010, 04:09 PM
:plus1:

Manning sh*ts the bed and the Saints win!

Haha, I would love that. Then maybe next year we won't see him in every other commercial. :clap:

There is only one towel! That's the Terrible Towel! :cope:

igor0190
01-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Haha, I would love that. Then maybe next year we won't see him in every other commercial. :clap:

At least some other people hate him as much as I do. The guy falls to the ground and curls up in the fetal position when someone gets within 10 feet of him. Sure, he's a regular season stat making machine, but he's currently 8-8 in the playoffs. The guy called out his O-Line following the loss to the Steelers. All the media is always sucking up to him, actually the league does too. Today's NFL has evolved into a passing game with many unstoppable offenses. It just doesn't seem to matter how good you're defence is. Don't pretend Manning has nothing to do with this. The league loves him and listens with all ears when he says something about changing a rule. I, like many other Steelers fans, prefer smashmouth run it down your throat, great defence... I'm afraid this is all but gone now. Even the Pittsburgh Steelers have evolved on the offensive side of the ball, evolved to compete with what wins now... PASSING. Uggghh, I hate peytons guts.... Having to see him on all those commercials, now he's in the SB again. Please Myron... make it happen. Go Saints!

steelers4life66
01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I did a google search trying 2 find out who made these. Clicked on a couple of Colts fans sites. A lot of them are trying 2 find out how to get one. What does that say about their fans. I 4 one wouldn't buy a product that was a ripoff of another team. If I were a colts fan it would make me feel as if I was telling the world I wish I was a Steeler. I may B wrong but I would honestly feel dirty. :2cents:

SteelSkin37
01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
:helmet: Will this kind of sh-t ever end. I mean the Colts have taken this too far. The damn thing looks just like a Terrible Towel. At least when the Ratbirds did it this year, it was a plain white towel with no writing on it. :cope:

It's all that Dan Marino's fault!!! Laces Out!!!!!!

xxxsteelernation
01-28-2010, 03:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDj6kywTm50, i know everyone has most likley heard this but, still never get's old

LatrobePA
01-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Manning is a machine, eats, sleeps, shits football. I am sure he has the playbook in the shower with him. For that I tip my hat! But I agree, it's a lot of fun watching him lose!

I can only hope Brees and co have a huge day and destroy the Colts!!

coldrolled
01-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Today's NFL has evolved into a passing game with many unstoppable offenses. It just doesn't seem to matter how good you're defence is.

It seems the biggest change is the holding on pass plays. Old school you would run the ball and keep the pressure off the QB... and help reduce holding calls on the actual pass plays with the balanced play.

now there are more holding calls on running plays and almost zero on the pass plays, well for brady and manning for sure.

ask Harrison and Woodley.. they get tackled and never get a call.

this must be where the manning and brady dink and dunk passes come in also. the plays are to quick for a holding to take place.

a lot of ben's pass plays take forever. then when we do get the nice play there is a hold to call it back. how many of those do we get all year.....?

lloydfan4life
01-28-2010, 12:09 PM
This so-called 'Terrific' Towel is absolutely pathetic.
Now I hope the Saints don't just win but I hope they CRUSH the Colts!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
This is total crap, the Steelers should be spearheading a charge against the Colts and whoever is making these along with the the Allegheny school. Copyright laws must absolutely prevail here.

That font is symbolic of the terrible towl, Cope, the School, and every fan who's ever carried one.