PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate BA?

SteelTigerHawk
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Roethlisberger has said he and BA think the same. And when Ben calls the shots, things go pretty well more times than not.

Big T
01-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Please stop this ****....if you don't know why everyone hates BA then you need to pay more attention during steeler games....it is beyond obvious

cmerrifield
01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Because we only scored 6 points against the Browns without 6 starters on D. Because we were 28th in red zone offense. Because at the end of the game, when we need a score to win, we are 4-0 with Ben calling plays and 0-5 with BA calling the plays. Because when we play a team with a GREAT run defense, we try and run the ball 40+ times, when we play a team with a GREAT pass defense, we try and pass 40+ times, rather than play to the weakness of the opposing D's.

LatrobePA
01-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Why does everyone hate BA?

I'll answer it in (1) word - STUPID! Just like this thread!!

SteelCityKid5
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Reverse to Santonio Holmes, who passes a duck up in the air just after the D recovered a fumble vs Miami. Would you like it on a silver platter next time?

Zachintosh66
01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
3rd and 2... pitch to Moore of course

Ibleedblk&gld
01-26-2010, 05:47 PM
run, run, pass, punt...run, run, pass, punt

3rd and short - empty backfield

3rd and 7+ - pitch to MeMo

need i say more?

steelersbabex25
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Let me sum this up. Cause he sucks at everything.

andyg1984
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
u r fighting a tough battle tigerhawk .. i have said that the BA bashing is unsubstantiated and out of proportion, but not neceassrily unwarranted in the absolute sense and was curious exactly why people feel this way to this extent and never really got any specific feedback aside from generalizations and personal attacks .. lol

he is clearly not a top tier OC and will never probably be considered as such, but the fact remains that the personell drives playcalling - Hartwig/fill in RG play essentially removes much of the traditional playbook .. don't forget that the COMBINATION of horrible secondary play and difficulty running the ball translates into a classic recipe for not closing games .. nobody wants to say anything about DL because that is considered blasphemy here ..

should people be upset w/ BA? Sure.. a lil bit .. but to this extent? no .. if you watch how pathetic (and i mean that as much as it hurts) our D was this year when it counts it is tough to make this argument as a real driver of results this season

lloydfan4life
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
O geeeezzzz...... Here we go again. :evilshake:

cmerrifield
01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
u r fighting a tough battle tigerhawk .. i have said that the BA bashing is unsubstantiated and out of proportion, but not neceassrily unwarranted in the absolute sense and was curious exactly why people feel this way to this extent and never really got any specific feedback aside from generalizations and personal attacks .. lol

he is clearly not a top tier OC and will never probably be considered as such, but the fact remains that the personell drives playcalling - Hartwig/fill in RG play essentially removes much of the traditional playbook .. don't forget that the COMBINATION of horrible secondary play and difficulty running the ball translates into a classic recipe for not closing games .. nobody wants to say anything about DL because that is considered blasphemy here ..

should people be upset w/ BA? Sure.. a lil bit .. but to this extent? no .. if you watch how pathetic (and i mean that as much as it hurts) our D was this year when it counts it is tough to make this argument as a real driver of results this season

Are you kidding me? Our Pass Defense was 16th in the league and scoring was 13th, but if you take away special teams scores against us, it would be more like top 10. OUR RED ZONE OFFENSE WAS 28th. Are you getting this, and to make it worse, after week 4 (I think) we were first in red zone offense. That means that we became either predictable or had stupid play calling. You cannot blame the defense for only score 6 points against the browns. BA is a very good play designer, but one of the worst play callers I have ever seen.

steelersbabex25
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
O geeeezzzz...... Here we go again. :evilshake:

:banging::duh:

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
All of the above!

andyg1984
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
i am not sure how to respond to that strangely constructed post above except by asking that you read the part where i emphasize words like "to this extent" .. and if you think we had, in reality, the 16th best pass D this year I think that deserves a thread of its own .. they sucked when in mattered most and those stats are far from impressive taking into account the number of teams that make the playoffs

you need not even watch all the games again .. read the schedule and you will see exactly how many game winning drives they gave up ..

i really am done with this tho :).. and just hope you guys dont think i am a huge BA fan .. lol .. i just think hartwig, random RG's, Willie Gay and TC are what we should be talking about ..

but i completely understand what you mean regarding predictability and other OC's .. ben runs the show tho and keeping that in mind makes BA tolerable (for another season)

Zachintosh66
01-26-2010, 09:56 PM
i really am done with this tho :).. and just hope you guys dont think i am a huge BA fan .. lol .. i just think hartwig, random RG's, Willie Gay and TC are what we should be talking about ...

fair enuff and I agree

Can we not have anymore BA threads? Can we official reguard him as off limits :yellowthumb:

andyg1984
01-26-2010, 10:40 PM
fa sho .. we will put this with the talk of the move to a 4-3 D !

xxxsteelernation
01-27-2010, 12:02 AM
ok why don't we just fire BA and have Ben as OC and QB. Since when Ben runs the offense they actully get some where.

LatrobePA
01-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Yaaawwwnnnnnn!

Silverback
01-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I think there should just be a stickied "Bitch at BA" thread everyone can just go on and trash him. It would save all these threads.

Goodfrom55
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
because his situational play calling blows goats!