PDA

View Full Version : LeGarrette Blount - RB

kjbman1
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
New to the board but have been reading for awhile now.

Anyway, what round would you guys be interested in taking a guy like LeGarrette Blount in? For those who do not know, he was the running back from Oregon who was suspended for punching a player from the other team after the game. Going into the season he was looked at as a stud but because of that incident he has really taken a tumble.

The Steelers drafted Chris K. and he had issues with kicking players in the head from other teams throughout his career. I'm thinking 1 punch will not turn the Steelers off from this guy.

My opinion is he would be a decent 3rd round pick but if he is there round 4 we take him. Thoughts?

cmerrifield
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Mike Tomlin is big on character first and talent second (He gets that from Tony Dungy who is his mentor), so the Steelers of the past may have considered him, he wont even end up on teh Steelers draft board unless he can show a huge turnaround in character.

kjbman1
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I guess I need to clarify my post.

I'm not suggesting the Steelers will take Blount, I'm asking what round the board sees him as a value pick. If the Steelers did draft him what round would you be excited to see his name come up in?

I'd be ok with round 3 but would love to see it round 4.

cmerrifield while I agree Tomlin preaches high character I'm not so sure they completely remove guys because of character issues. I think Jeff Reed will be back and he certainly has character flaws. Chris Keamuotu is another guy with issues.

K Train
01-25-2010, 04:07 PM
he runs high and never really impressed anyone against good teams.

maybe he could play MLB lol

andyg1984
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM
i like Legarette Blount a ton ... I have him as a round 5th round pick w/ a ton of value .. dexter McCluster is our guy, imo, in the 3rd ... 4th round could be Micah Johnson territory ...

for those skeptics on Dexter, just ask Eric Berry ...

--- Added 1/25/2010 at 02:12 PM ---

he never really got the chance to impress ... also, i saw him truck a few dudes for the record .. 5th round is a good spot for him relative to bringing on another back up scrub OL/DL or whatver the heck else is out there ..

andyg1984
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
wanted to clarify that i like blount based on where I think we can get him .. he has a nastiness to him that i don't think we have on the field

also 4got to mention that dexter burnt spikes a few times .. once for the W

Blazedby92
01-26-2010, 08:44 AM
he has a nastiness to him that i don't think we have on the field

:plus1:
AMEN brother if we can get a true short yardage back in the late rounds I am all for it