PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Senior Bowl Coverage Schedule

darnik44
01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
NFL Network Senior Bowl Coverage Schedule (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/component/content/article/3-newsflash/422-nfl-network-senior-bowl-coverage.html)

darnik44
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Official Weigh In Results (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/news-and-information/senior-bowl.html)

K Train
01-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Kyle Wilson and Brandon Ghee dominate so far

O'Brien Schofield tore his acl....thats b&g32s boy

Myron Rolle is looking really good imo

JensK
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Cody weighted 370lb.... Thats ****ing nuts.

K Train
01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
thats what everyone was expecting

Zachintosh66
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
as far as DB's i like those 2 you mentioned as well as McCourty's potential and of course Robinson as well.

i feel bad for the kid from Wisc... :(

JensK
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
thats what everyone was expecting

I knew he would come in fat, but thats just... really really fat.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Kyle Wilson and Brandon Ghee dominate so far

O'Brien Schofield tore his acl....thats b&g32s boy

Myron Rolle is looking really good imo

If I'm the Steelers I draft Schofield in the 6th or 7th round and stash him for a year on IR then let him heal and prepare for 2011.......Steelers usually waste their late picks anyway.....Sucks for Schofield.......

andyg1984
01-26-2010, 05:15 PM
perrish cox impressed as well .. i doubt we will have a shot at him unless we move up in the 2nd ...

--- Added 1/26/2010 at 04:15 PM ---

anybody else reading how cody was "pushed to the ground and handled by lesser opponents on a number of occasions" and looked "poorly conditioned" ??

darnik44
01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
If I'm the Steelers I draft Schofield in the 6th or 7th round and stash him for a year on IR then let him heal and prepare for 2011.......Steelers usually waste their late picks anyway.....Sucks for Schofield.......

Not a bad idea. Most 6th and 7th rounders don't make the team anyways. He has potential, and it wasn't an overly ugly looking injury. Maybe it's not torn all that bad.

Zachintosh66
01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
why even draft him... sign him after draft as FA... then IR him

darnik44
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM

Because he'll still almost certainly get drafted. If he was a late round guy before the injury he would have gone undrafted. He also probably wouldn't choose to sign with the Steelers. If given the choice I'm sure he would go to a 3-4 team without 2 pro bowl OLB's already on the roster. Maybe he would stay in Wisconsin and sign with the Packers.

BlackGold4vr
01-26-2010, 07:45 PM
LSU Tackle Impresses

In my eyes, the best left tackle in Mobile has been Ciron Black of LSU. He went 3-1 in pass rush drills and can handle speed nicely. Also, John Jerry of Ole Miss can play guard and right tackle. Very impressive.

If Black has a good game and combine it only increases our chances of landing a new tackle.

:yellowthumb:

Silverback
01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Thats what I saw too. Still don't think his feet allow him to play LT in the NFL, but Black as a RT gets me excited.

darnik44
01-27-2010, 09:08 AM
If Black has a good game and combine it only increases our chances of landing a new tackle.

:yellowthumb:

There's no way he could be a good LT in the NFL. He's a classic "heavy legged waist bender." Colon is fine at RT, in fact many think he's the best RT in the league. Black might be a good guard, or could be depth at RT. I wouldn't want to take him any higher than the 4th round.

Given we already have a proven starter at RT, any tackle they take in the first 3 rounds needs to be a left tackle. If they take a tackle in the 1st, he needs to start at LT sooner than later. A tackle in the 2nd round has to be atleast an eventual starting LT. A tackle in the 3rd has to be atleast a solid backup LT with some versatility. Black does fit the criteria for the versatile part, he could probably play either guard position or RT. We do lack depth at RT, so Black wouldn't be a terrible 3rd round pick. However there should be much higher rated players and a better position value out there with the 82nd pick. In this deep class there will still be some very good players still on the board.

coldrolled
01-27-2010, 10:48 AM

We did that with Dennis Dixon..

he was a 1st rounder until his ACL

--- Added 1/27/2010 at 09:48 AM ---

There's no way he could be a good LT in the NFL. He's a classic "heavy legged waist bender." Colon is fine at RT, in fact many think he's the best RT in the league. Black might be a good guard, or could be depth at RT. I wouldn't want to take him any higher than the 4th round.

Given we already have a proven starter at RT, any tackle they take in the first 3 rounds needs to be a left tackle. If they take a tackle in the 1st, he needs to start at LT sooner than later. A tackle in the 2nd round has to be atleast an eventual starting LT. A tackle in the 3rd has to be atleast a solid backup LT with some versatility. Black does fit the criteria for the versatile part, he could probably play either guard position or RT. We do lack depth at RT, so Black wouldn't be a terrible 3rd round pick. However there should be much higher rated players and a better position value out there with the 82nd pick. In this deep class there will still be some very good players still on the board.

Bulaga is a LT and if he makes #18, get him and move starks to RT

andyg1984
01-27-2010, 04:12 PM
dixon should be a solid #2, but it would have been tough to put dixon as a 1st rounder when in that same draft there was matt ryan, joe flacco and henne ..

K Train
01-27-2010, 04:39 PM
dixon was a late second round prospect at best

woodson, brohm, brennan were all mentioned as first rounders at some point too

JensK
01-28-2010, 03:50 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//multimedia/photo_gallery/1001/nfl.cfb.senior.bowl.practice/content.2.html

So heres the question: Who'll be the first to wear a bra, Cody or Andre Smith -.-

darnik44
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
We did that with Dennis Dixon..

he was a 1st rounder until his ACL

--- Added 1/27/2010 at 09:48 AM ---

Bulaga is a LT and if he makes #18, get him and move starks to RT

But why move Starks to RT? Colon is one of the better RT's in the league. He was shaky at first, but he's really improved. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Move Starks to the bench. He can be the depth at LT that isn't there right now. I would have no problem if they chose Bulaga. I see him as a poor man's Jake Long. His durability is a little bit scary, but other than that he's solid. There's a good chance he doesn't last until the 18th pick though.