PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Current Steeler

Zachintosh66
01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Just curious to see who is everyones take on the most overrated Steeler?

JensK
01-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Normally id go with Troy, because while he is amazing, he is hyped as a god amongst men by all Steelers fans, however, this season showed how important he is, so i guess its hard to go with Troy.

Then there is D. Sep. Sure, he is much better than Berger, but he did not have that great of a season. Im pretty sure he wasnt in top 20 overall this year.

I think i'll go with Sweed or Gay then...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Heath Miller.....Ok I like Heath don't get me wrong but our entire fan base for the most part thinks he is one of the best or the best TE in football.......I stand by previous statements of mine that his blocking has declined since his rookie year and he isn't elite in the passing game like a Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates.....Again I like Heath alot but I just don't think he is an elite TE....Just a solid NFL TE and there is nothing wrong with that...

I'm willing to bet if Heath traded spots with another Miller (Zach Miller of the Raiders) then all of Stiller Nation would be over-rating Zach Miller....They're basically the same player......Before anybody mentions stats Zach plays in Oakland were the passing game is a wasteland............

SteelCityKid5
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
If I had to pick one... Clark? Is he even rated though? I think he goes more for the big hits than he does good coverage. Theyll probably re-sign him which I wont mind, probably a 2 year deal so he can mentor Earl Thomas.

LatrobePA
01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
D-Sep - I personally think he sucks!

xxxsteelernation
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
william gay. the sorriiest excusue 4 a corner ever

JensK
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM

How is he overrated? I dont know anyone who likes him >.>

Big T
01-23-2010, 03:59 PM
If I had to pick one... Clark? Is he even rated though? I think he goes more for the big hits than he does good coverage. Theyll probably re-sign him which I wont mind, probably a 2 year deal so he can mentor Earl Thomas.

Id be all for it if it means we get Earl Thomas

TEEMONT
01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Based on pay checks....Max Starks

lloydfan4life
01-23-2010, 05:11 PM

:plus1:

Zachintosh66
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I think i'll go with Sweed or Gay then...

Those guys cant even be nominated. It no secret they arent good...

IMO id go with James Harrison

JensK
01-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Those guys cant even be nominated. It no secret they arent good...

IMO id go with James Harrison

Aww.. and here i was walking around thinking i was the only person who knew that.. gdi >.<

beaver688
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
LOGAN he is way over rated indeed

Ironman
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
since this thread relates to players who are regarded as "elite" or superior to the average player, I'm picking DE Brett Kiesel. Our defensive line is praised as amongst the best if not the best against the run, and although Kiesel is overshadowed by Smith and Hampton, he is still a starting DE with not much to show for his position. Granted his job is to secure the running lanes and open up the outside rush for Harrison, but I've never felt he is a starting DE- especially when you look at the defensive ends Minnesota, Indy, New England, or even Carolina compose. Kiesel is a solid player, but in my opinion he is a little over-rated.

SnakeEyes43
01-23-2010, 10:49 PM
This past year I would say Harrison was pretty hyped up, but you can't be the Defensive MVP every year of course. Also I considered Clark and Starks.

Callax
01-24-2010, 07:50 AM

He is terrible and highly overated

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Max Starks.

steelersbabex25
01-24-2010, 11:20 AM

NOVA STEELERS
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Ike Taylor........... So called #1 corner w/ hands of stone, gives up more big plays then he makes. :2cents:

Captcoolhand
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM

Max Starks.

Based on pay checks....Max Starks:plus1: Even without the paycheck! :duh:

steelerfan11
01-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Can I include Practice Squad players???

If so then Isaac Redman!!

Blazedby92
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Mendy he can do everything but be a powerback.

OC Steel Curtain
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Reed.

TEEMONT
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Can I include Practice Squad players???

If so then Isaac Redman!!

this is my new answer

K Train
01-24-2010, 03:44 PM
redman

Blazedby92
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
how can a man be overrated when he hasn't even played. He may be overrated in this forum but we don't know until he gets a chance and hell he may not get one, who cares maybe we can draft a powerback that isn't scared to lower his fragile shoulders. :stirpot:

Goodfrom55
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Willie Colon

Stairwayto7
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Farrior! He is past his prime! I love the guy, but his starting days should be over.

--- Added 1/25/2010 at 03:20 PM ---

[QUOTE=
I think i'll go with Sweed or Gay then...[/QUOTE]

Pre season ? Yes, but by mid season we all knew gay sucked!

DanRooney
01-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Farrior! He is past his prime! I love the guy, but his starting days should be over.

--- Added 1/25/2010 at 03:20 PM ---

Pre season ? Yes, but by mid season we all knew gay sucked!

It's funny when one of my buddies, a die-hard Saints fan, comes back from the GB vs. Pitt game saying that we should get rid of our ILB (referring to Farrior) because he was the slowest person on both sides of the ball.

scott0326
01-26-2010, 03:30 AM
how can a man be overrated when he hasn't even played. He may be overrated in this forum but we don't know until he gets a chance and hell he may not get one, who cares maybe we can draft a powerback that isn't scared to lower his fragile shoulders. :stirpot:

But Redman for whatever reason is talked about like he is the next Jerome Bettis by Steelers fans, he gets my vote for most overrated as well.

And I don't get how Gay can be most overrated, he was never rated that high and by now everyone knows he sucks.

Blazedby92
01-26-2010, 07:38 AM
But Redman for whatever reason is talked about like he is the next Jerome Bettis by Steelers fans, he gets my vote for most overrated as well.

And I don't get how Gay can be most overrated, he was never rated that high and by now everyone knows he sucks.

We aren't talking just about how just Steeler fans rate but every fan base and I only know three Steeler fans here in Indiana and we don't talk about him and nobody else even heard of him outside of Steeler fans so I say again how can he be overrated when noone knows who he is and like I said in this thread yes he is overrated in THIS forum.

Plus he isn't even a Steeler

DanRooney
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Brett Keisel overrated? Who outside of Pittsburgh knows who he even is? The guy is a great DE in our system and is a freakin' 7th round pick.

James Harrison? Really? Our best linebacker and tackler is overrated?

Stairwayto7
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
It's funny when one of my buddies, a die-hard Saints fan, comes back from the GB vs. Pitt game saying that we should get rid of our ILB (referring to Farrior) because he was the slowest person on both sides of the ball.

I hated to admit it too. But he was a great player, he is now a former great player, he can still play, but I would make him a back up.

scott0326
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
We aren't talking just about how just Steeler fans rate but every fan base and I only know three Steeler fans here in Indiana and we don't talk about him and nobody else even heard of him outside of Steeler fans so I say again how can he be overrated when noone knows who he is and like I said in this thread yes he is overrated in THIS forum.

Plus he isn't even a Steeler

Yes he is, he was recently signed to the offseason roster...

I guess thats true I'm just sick of hearing about him, there is obviously a reason NO ONE is signing this guy every time he is released.

Dean Denton
01-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Charlie Batch...I just dont think its there anymore.

Blazedby92
01-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Yes he is, he was recently signed to the offseason roster...

I guess thats true I'm just sick of hearing about him, there is obviously a reason NO ONE is signing this guy every time he is released.

Hopefully he is a hidden gem but we won't know unless he plays with the big dogs.
He did make our run game alot better:lol:, when they bench Mendy and called Redzone up for some odd reason Mendy pulled his head out of his arse.

Zachintosh66
01-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Charlie Batch...I just dont think its there anymore.

in all fairness, has it ever :lol:

IMO he's always been a bum (and always gets hurt) hes just gotten lucky a couple times when called upon. :2cents:

Brad 69
02-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Heath Miller.....Ok I like Heath don't get me wrong but our entire fan base for the most part thinks he is one of the best or the best TE in football.......I stand by previous statements of mine that his blocking has declined since his rookie year and he isn't elite in the passing game like a Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates.....Again I like Heath alot but I just don't think he is an elite TE....Just a solid NFL TE and there is nothing wrong with that...

I'm willing to bet if Heath traded spots with another Miller (Zach Miller of the Raiders) then all of Stiller Nation would be over-rating Zach Miller....They're basically the same player......Before anybody mentions stats Zach plays in Oakland were the passing game is a wasteland............

You're a ****in idiot especially sayin that after the year he just had if anything he's under rated maybe his blockin has declined but he puts up great #s to be on a team with 2 elite wide recievers

Callax
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Batch=Bum
Nuff said