PDA

View Full Version : expanding heinz field.

xxxsteelernation
01-22-2010, 05:39 PM
heinz field is 7 of the 10 teams that have the bottom of capacity for the stadiums in the NFL. we have a long, long, long waiting list 4 season tickets. What would you thought be on expanding heinz field to accomdate more fans? And how would you design it to keep the initial feel of the stadium? Also what would Pittsburgh have to do to host a super bowl at heinz field. That would be awesome and benificial to the local economy.

steelersbabex25
01-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Pittsburgh will not host a superbowl for a very very very very very very long time...unless it's in a new stadium. And considering Heinz Field is pretty new, not gonna happen.

cmerrifield
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It has to be a dome or warm weather stadium to host the superbowl.

BenAtWork328
01-22-2010, 07:38 PM
but wouldnt it be awesome to have a superbowl in the cold snowy weather of pittsburgh in the beginning of february. Now that would be real legit football playing time.

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Heinz Field will never be expanded, and definately never will host a SB, unless we get a new stadium that is a Dome. I like it the way it is. Really miss 3 Rivers though.

lloydfan4life
01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
definitely don't miss the playing surface at 3RS, though. :greengrin:

TEEMONT
01-22-2010, 08:36 PM
wow...

SteelCityKid5
01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Pittsburgh will never hold a Super Bowl, even if they some day down the road get a dome. It's too small of a market and the cold weather. I dont think it would be able to handle the draw of a Super Bowl. It would kind of be like Jacksonville a few years back but worse. I love Pittsburgh more than the next guy but I also speak objectively.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
It has to be a dome or warm weather stadium to host the superbowl.

Heinz Field will never be expanded, and definately never will host a SB, unless we get a new stadium that is a Dome. I like it the way it is. Really miss 3 Rivers though.

What they said :iagree:

Pittsburgh or any cold climate area team will never host a super bowl unless it's in a dome and even then they more than likely still will never. In February you want to have as much outdoor activities available to the public as you can.

Heinz will never be expanded, TRS was a small stadium and was that way until it was demolished. Heinz does it's job, it's unique to Pittsburgh, it's fine how it is.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Of course I would love to see the Super Bowl rotated between every NFL city every year.....I think it would be great to see a Super Bowl in a cold weather city but that will never happen.....

I never see Heinz Field being expanded.....

jackhammer1
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I think they should close the end of the stadium to make it LOUDER! Heinz field is nowhere near as loud as it used to get at Three Rivers. All of the sound goes out to the river. Sure, it looks nice with the view of downtown, but I think we know what that looks like, we drive right past it on the way to the game. Baltimore's stadium is so much louder than ours, it's closed and holds many more fans.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't think they would close the end of the stadium for the sole purpose of making it louder...we all know how Steelers fans are. We don't need to prove ourselves.

Sir Blitzelot
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Host a Super Bowl? Not going to happen anytime soon, Pittsburgh is too small of a city to host an event of that magnitude. As for Heinz Field, I like it just the way it is.

Cricker24
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere before the season started that the Rooneys were looking into expanding Heinz Field or maybe that was just the opinion of Ed B. from the Post-Gazette.

NCSteeler
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Never get a SB because of the weather/small market. I'm pretty sure they already expanded Heinz with the north EZ seating ??

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
What they said :iagree:

Pittsburgh or any cold climate area team will never host a super bowl unless it's in a dome and even then they more than likely still will never. In February you want to have as much outdoor activities available to the public as you can.

Heinz will never be expanded, TRS was a small stadium and was that way until it was demolished. Heinz does it's job, it's unique to Pittsburgh, it's fine how it is.

Not entirely true. Detroit held it twice, they have a dome, but it was cold out and during the week there were alot of people around and had tons of stuff to do and go.