PDA

View Full Version : If the Saints end up winning the Super Bowl...

Troyisabeast_43
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Im calling it right now there is a very very good chance that the NFL will schedule the Steelers for the opening game on the Thursday night to start the season seeing that the Steelers are scheduled to play in New Orleans next season. I dont know who else would be an option for the Saints to play on their schedule but the NFL will look at the fact that these were the last 2 Super Bowl winners and the Steelers are a huge ratings draw to begin with. Those 2 reasons right there I believe are enough to schedule the Steelers to open the season in New Orleans next year. I personally would not like opening the season in New Orleans seeing that it's such a tough tough place to win and that offense is so potent. And plus the team that opens at home on the Thursday night that has won the Super Bowl has never lost that game since they started doing that back in 2004 they are 6-0 I believe...So if your rooting for the Saints to win the Super Bowl I just gave you a pretty good reason for you maybe not too seeing that the Steelers could open up in New Orleans next year and be staring at a strong possibility of an 0-1 record...Just some food for thought and something to keep in mind...

steelersbabex25
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't mind opening against the Saints. If you win in New Orleans, you make a huge statement. If you lose, you just a lost a game in New Orleans, oh well. Although it's a long shot, so we probably shouldn't start speculating until the official schedule comes out.

Troyisabeast_43
01-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Well like I said let's wait and see who ends up winning the Super Bowl. If the Saints dont win then this whole thread is worthless, if the Saints do end up winning the Super Bowl then the odds are better then a longshot Id say of the Steelers opening up in New Orleans...We shall see how it all plays out over the next 2-3 weeks...

Scorp
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm pulling for the saints. I think they're due and seeing how they have played all season, despite losing their last 3. I would also love to see that thursday night matchup. It would certainly be the most watched ever and most competitive. Saints will beat viks pretty fairly.

Callax
01-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Other than the Steelers, I like Manning, hate: tommie brady, cleveland, cinnsucknatti, ravens, belecheat... I hope to see the saints and colts in the SB. Once that happens, it's a crap shoot. I think I want the former AINTS to win!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't want the Saints to win the Super Bowl for the simple reason of all the ball washing Drew Brees will receive for winning the Super Bowl.....

SteelersGirlTN7
01-19-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't want the Saints to win the Super Bowl for the simple reason of all the ball washing Drew Brees will receive for winning the Super Bowl.....

I don't really wanna hear about Peyton winning his 2nd ring though either

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2010, 03:46 AM

Trust me to....I'm rooting for a Vikings and Jets Super Bowl...lol

NCSteeler
01-19-2010, 05:16 AM

Oh great more Favre ball washing. Let's see one more Katrina story and how this city deserves this, or thirty more Brett favre stories. Oh hell just shoot me, because on the other channel it's all Manning all the time. Been saving the Discovery channels WWII in HD for just a moment like this!

Blazedby92
01-19-2010, 05:58 AM

What she said in her last 2 quotes. And with Farve,Brady and Peyton around there isn't enough time to tallk about 4 QB's that are good as we seen last year after we won and no one talked about Ben. Either way a would rather hear them talk about the Aint's

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Oh great more Favre ball washing. Let's see one more Katrina story and how this city deserves this, or thirty more Brett favre stories. Oh hell just shoot me, because on the other channel it's all Manning all the time. Been saving the Discovery channels WWII in HD for just a moment like this!
:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

cmerrifield
01-19-2010, 06:35 AM
If the Saints win or the Vikings, then they will play each other on opening night. It will be the Saints vs. the Vikings.

Sir Blitzelot
01-19-2010, 08:37 AM
If the Saints win or the Vikings, then they will play each other on opening night. It will be the Saints vs. the Vikings.

Agreed. I think it's highly unlikely that the NFL will schedule the Steelers to play on opening night two years in a row.

tburg68
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
The Vikings are going to beat the Colts in the Super Bowl.

lloydfan4life
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
:nono: Rex Ryan said the Jets are gonna win it all. :hehheh:
They'll be hosting the opener.

NYCsteelersfan
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM

You forgot all the Reggie Bush ball washing that will accompany and completely overshadow the Brees ball washing. And at least Brees deserves some ball washing while Bush just simply sucks balls.

I can just hear the many members of the media who were DEAD WRONG about Bush being a clear 1st round pick, but have been proven wrong for 3 seasons now, all of the sudden sticking their heads back up and saying, "see! told you so!".

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Yea but if Favre wins the Super Bowl he probably will retire for good....That is how I'm looking at it.....:lol:

Steelerlyn
01-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I would like to see the Saints take it all because they never have won it..have they? Correct me if I am wrong:) Also, I .would kinda like to see the Jets in the sb.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Saints and Vikings have never won......Colts have won two....one in Baltimore and 1 in Indy....Of course the Jets won their only appearance in the Super Bowl......

Saints have never been to a Super Bowl either....

Vikings 0-4

Colts 2-1

Jets 1-0

Steelerlyn
01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Saints and Vikings have never won......Colts have won two....one in Baltimore and 1 in Indy....Of course the Jets won their only appearance in the Super Bowl......

Saints have never been to a Super Bowl either....

Vikings 0-4

Colts 2-1

Jets 1-0

Then I definitely want the Saints to win or even the Vikes.....I want someone who has never won to win. I didn't know the Jets had ever won.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Then I definitely want the Saints to win or even the Vikes.....I want someone who has never won to win. I didn't know the Jets had ever won.

Lyn you never heard of Joe Namath's famous guarantee before Super Bowl III?........Jets were big time under dogs vs the Baltimore Colts.......Jets were from the AFL and the NFL along with the National media didn't respect the AFL and everybody across America thought the Jets stood no chance before the game....So during the week before the Super Bowl Joe Namath guaranteed a Jets victory and which the Jets went on to defeat the highly favored Colts.....

Steelerlyn
01-19-2010, 10:33 PM
LOL, you know I do remember him being a great football player and a couple other things. I remember his panty hose ads and the time that female reporter tried to interview him and he was so drunk he hit on her while on national tv. lol:)

SteelTigerHawk
01-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Me too, Shonn "The War Machine" Greene is the messiah for a Jets victory... the final breath of hard-nosed, pound the ball football:banana:

Stlrs4Life
01-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Pretty good theory. I would care if we played there first.

Troyisabeast_43
01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Pretty good theory. I would care if we played there first.

I would care if we played there as well first it would be a very very tough game to start the year but at the sametime a pretty good test right from the get go. I hate to say it though but I like Indy in the Super Bowl to beat the Saints. But Ill stick by what I have said here all along that if the Saints do end up winning the Super Bowl there is a better then 75 percent chance Id say of the Steelers opening up in the Superdome on the Thursday night opener in September.

Scorp
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
It would be a great challenge for the Steelers testicular fortitude and to upset the Saints in front of their fans. I had a dream of this matchup.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Well if the Saints end up winning the Super Bowl I might have inside track on Saints/Steelers tix next year....I work with a guy that is Saints season ticket holder but he never goes to the games...He told me he will sell me his tix for face value.....So I'm hoping they win since I think it would be awesome to see the Steelers kick-off the 2010 season down in New Orleans....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Well if the Saints end up winning the Super Bowl I might have inside track on Saints/Steelers tix next year....I work with a guy that is Saints season ticket holder but he never goes to the games...He told me he will sell me his tix for face value.....So I'm hoping they win since I think it would be awesome to see the Steelers kick-off the 2010 season down in New Orleans....

You know you and I are like best friends right? :lol:

That would be one helluva way to open up the new season, talk about walking into a buzzsaw, that place would be a crazy atmosphere! You'd definitely have to be on your game right out of the gate; and bring your ear plugs if you're a player..LOL.

TampaSteelGirl
01-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Ok so now I'm taking offense to this post...what does "Lets see one more Katrina story, and how this city deserves this" what the hell does that mean???? Do you realize what happened in that dome??? The city DOES deserve this! NC if you could only have seen what happened there you wouldn't say this.....I however WAS there..I've never been emotional for another team to make the Superbowl in my life however, having been a Katrina victim I had tears in my eyes when they won the NFC Championship game. I feel for that city in many ways. After seeing all the aid going to Haiti ($170 million worth from the US alone) and nothing for New Orleans, Mississippi, or even when Ike hit Texas it does make me feel that these places are on their own and what a way to try and bring some life back to a city left to die then a Superbowl win...Granted everyone is entitiled to their own opinion but you have no idea what those people went thru and to have something as beautiful as a Superbowl win to bring some love back to that city well I'm all for it.
We Steeler fans are quite spoiled with our beloved, cared about city and our 6 rings. I"m happy for this organization and I hope they kill the Colts!! Not everyone has to be a Saints fan of course but comments like this get me fired up! Brett Farve, don't see any disaster there, just a man with a huge ego and having a mid life crisis there. While he's a brilliant future HOF QB but he needs to just chit or get off the pot so to speak...many lives were lost in Katrina so it would be a nice way to honor them for something that wasnt' even their fault. GO SAINTS!!!!

As far as thinking the Steelers would play the possible Superbowl champs is quite pretentious don't ya think????? I could see the Vikings, Chargers, Jets maybe Titans playing them but I don't see them picking the Steelers for some reason. We have alot to prove this year and I know we can do it and have a great season but I don't see them picking us for the opening game. :imho:

SteelerSteve
01-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I am kinda pulling for the saints because they havent got a ring yet. Though the catch is that if they do win there will be a bunch of brand new saints fans that claim to have been fans for years who push the douche limit to the edge

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2010, 02:41 PM
It would be a story book ending to a great season for the Saints and their fans. Honestly, the only reason I can see NC's point about a city deserving something is that in the NFL nothing is given to you whether you think you deserve it or not, you have to earn it. If the Saints do win, it will be because they earned it by playing inspired football and by taking the city on their shoulders and carrying them all the way to the Trophy presentation next Sunday. With all that the state of Louisiana has gone through since Katrina and how they've had to rebuild so much of it, them winning the super bowl would be amazing for all of them in ways most of us probably could never understand unless we lived through what they have.

TampaSteelGirl
01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
It would be a story book ending to a great season for the Saints and their fans. Honestly, the only reason I can see NC's point about a city deserving something is that in the NFL nothing is given to you whether you think you deserve it or not, you have to earn it. If the Saints do win, it will be because they earned it by playing inspired football and by taking the city on their shoulders and carrying them all the way to the Trophy presentation next Sunday. With all that the state of Louisiana has gone through since Katrina and how they've had to rebuild so much of it, them winning the super bowl would be amazing for all of them in ways most of us probably could never understand unless we lived through what they have.

Thank you for this post and you're right it is something that is earned. That being said they are fighting for themselves as well as the city. Alot of these players give endless time to this city so they feel an added pressure to do this for themselves and for everyone who went thru and who is still living in the city or displaced. While my heart is definately 99% Steelers but I have a small 1% for this city as I was there but had definately not seen the worst. Why do you think Pittsburgh fans are so close knit and tied to the city? Losing the Steel mills was traumatic to the families living there, while it wasn't a natural disaster. It was traumatic to leave your home, friend and family behind to find jobs etc. Steelers football is what kept the city alive...as is the Saints for New Orleans..kind of the same thing yet not as disasterous for Pittsburgh. I wish them luck and at least they are Black and Gold! :greengrin:

Troyisabeast_43
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Well the Saints have won the Super Bowl much like I said there was a good possiblity of this happening. Looking at the Saints home schedule next year other then the Vikings and maybe the Falcons the Steelers are the most intriguing opponent for the NFL to schedule on opening night in New Orleans. If Brett Favre retires then I dont see the NFL schedueling the Vikings for the opener that night. It just seems like it makes the most sense to schedule the last two defending Super Bowl Champions to kick off the season in September down in New Orleans. The Steelers always draw ratings no matter when they play so you know that will play a big factor into the NFL schedueling them to play in the opener down in New Orleans. We shall see what happens at the end of March when the final decision is made on this. Right now Id say there is about a 70-75 percent chance of the Steelers getting the nod to play in New Orleans on opening night...