PDA

View Full Version : Would have been nice .............

Stairwayto7
01-18-2010, 04:49 AM
........having Faneca blow some holes open for us. I understand that he wanted wanted a wheel barrel full of cash. But he is still better than anyone we have right now. He didnt played inspired football the last season that we had him, so I thought, but maybe the guys around him were just that bad? I hope he and the Jets beat Indy, don`t think it will happen though, but I`m a saints fan from here on out, this season.

greg1964
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Yeah....I was a major Fancea supporter for all the time he was a Steelers, but you can't pay everyone. The Steelers have resigned the following: Roethlisburgher, Harrison, Farrior, Keisel, Ward: This wasn't a matter of the owners being cheap, but a matter of who to sign. Look for the same decision this year with Hampton: With Holmes, Woodley, (next year) Colon, Parker, Clark, Townsend, and Reed (this year): Somebody is NOT going to get paid by the Steelers.

UKSTEELER
01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see The Saints or Vikes pummel the jets in the SB, Alan played like bile in his last season with us, and that is inexcusable.

Stlrs4Life
01-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Heck on Faneca, we won a SB without him.

LatrobePA
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
The only thing Faneca can blow is..................He gave us less than 100% his final year, IMO he's a little puss!! Later red!

TEEMONT
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
The Steelers made a terrible move by not re-signing Faneca. I don't give a **** how anyone here feels about the guy. He would, head and shoulders, be the best lineman on this team. Just having him there would make everyone better. They didn't want to waste money on him, so what do they do? They blow similar money on Max-****ing-Starks.

Seriously? They won a SB without him yeah, but Willie Parker set a SB record b/c of his disgusting pulling ability. If they re-sign him....chances are they don't resign Starks, and maybe they go after that elusive LT in the draft last year. Making this line much better off than it is right now. With the way Faneca is playing he has another really good 3-4 years left, at least.

The Steelers dropped the ball on that on...big time.

LatrobePA
01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
True^^^

But he could of handled it in a more pro way....

jackhammer1
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Sure we could use him if we still ran the ball, but now we're a high flying offense like the Chargers! Oh wait......:lol:

TEEMONT
01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
True^^^

But he could of handled it in a more pro way....

a lotta of these dudes could handle **** better. But one thing we need to remember is that these guys have been getting it their way since they were freshmen in High School. They don't grow up like normal peeople do, so it's tough for me anyways, to treat them like I would some cat making 70 grand a year, as opposed to millions.

I really believe, with Faneca, it was all about the respect factor of the money. Not the money factor. He saw that huge contract as "respect", as corny and childish as it sounds. It tears me apart to see him in a Jets jersey, b/c he is far and away my favorite player in the NFL.

I still can't wrap my head around the decision to not give him the money he wanted, and then turn around and give to MAX STARKS!!!

I'll never get it.

K Train
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
ok...faneca and kemo are both good run blockers and poor pass blockers....it was basically a lateral move from that standpoint.

but if they were gonna pay a boat load of money to someone it should have been faneca, not starks. the market is greater for tackles than interior linemen but starks should probably be an interior lineman so that was a lateral move as well considering we get to see him fail week in and week out...

please draft a real left tackle

BlackGold4vr
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
The Steelers made a terrible move by not re-signing Faneca. I don't give a **** how anyone here feels about the guy. He would, head and shoulders, be the best lineman on this team. Just having him there would make everyone better. They didn't want to waste money on him, so what do they do? They blow similar money on Max-****ing-Starks.

I liked Faneca and he was our best lineman. The Tomlin team had to clear out all the old Cowher loyalists who would have questioned his every move with the "That's not how Bill did it!" mantra. Same reason Joey Porter had to go. I want to focus on what you said about making everybody on the line better. I agree that great players make everybody else around them better. That is why the Steelers should use this draft to beef up the O-line with some real talent. If they went O-line in the first two rounds we would see almost immediate results. These new guys could be the building blocks upon which to build another dominant O-line for years to come. If we added a Davis/Bulaga and a Pouncey/Walton they would make us better from day one!

TEEMONT
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I liked Faneca and he was our best lineman. The Tomlin team had to clear out all the old Cowher loyalists who would have questioned his every move with the "That's not how Bill did it!" mantra. Same reason Joey Porter had to go. I want to focus on what you said about making everybody on the line better. I agree that great players make everybody else around them better. That is why the Steelers should use this draft to beef up the O-line with some real talent. If they went O-line in the first two rounds we would see almost immediate results. These new guys could be the building blocks upon which to build another dominant O-line for years to come. If we added a Davis/Bulaga and a Pouncey/Walton they would make us better from day one!

If we can add Bulaga I will lose my mind....the dude looks good in black and gold.

I would be ok with this line going into nnext season:

LT: Bulaga
LG: Kemo
C: Hartwig or draft pick
RG: Colon (PLEASE STAFF WAKE UP...YOU HAVE A WORLD EATING RG PLAYING RT!!!!)
RT: Starks

Gimme Legursky, a draft pick, Essex, and **** I forget the kid who was starting at the end of the year, as back-ups....if Harwig gets beat out for the starting C position in camp....cut his ***...maybe keep Hills too, in case of emergency

--- Added 1/18/2010 at 10:44 AM ---

ok...faneca and kemo are both good run blockers and poor pass blockers....it was basically a lateral move from that standpoint.

but if they were gonna pay a boat load of money to someone it should have been faneca, not starks. the market is greater for tackles than interior linemen but starks should probably be an interior lineman so that was a lateral move as well considering we get to see him fail week in and week out...

please draft a real left tackle

I know you like to dog faneca for pass blocking, but he was never poor in that category....he was good....not great...but good.

he stepped in and played LT a few games the year before we drafted Ben, and there wasn't much drop off. Watch the guy against the Colts. When it comes to blocking DT's in the pass game he's money. Where he has his "problems" is with blitzing LB's, but it's b/c he's so aggressive. Thats Kemo's problem too, IMO.

K Train
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
ramon foster is who your thinking about

bulaga would be the top tackle next year, the fact that hes declaring and is like the 4th rated one this year is awesome....hes a legit left tackle from day one

K Train
01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
If we can add Bulaga I will lose my mind....the dude looks good in black and gold.

I would be ok with this line going into nnext season:

LT: Bulaga
LG: Kemo
C: Hartwig or draft pick
RG: Colon (PLEASE STAFF WAKE UP...YOU HAVE A WORLD EATING RG PLAYING RT!!!!)
RT: Starks

Gimme Legursky, a draft pick, Essex, and **** I forget the kid who was starting at the end of the year, as back-ups....if Harwig gets beat out for the starting C position in camp....cut his ***...maybe keep Hills too, in case of emergency

--- Added 1/18/2010 at 10:44 AM ---

I know you like to dog faneca for pass blocking, but he was never poor in that category....he was good....not great...but good.

he stepped in and played LT a few games the year before we drafted Ben, and there wasn't much drop off. Watch the guy against the Colts. When it comes to blocking DT's in the pass game he's money. Where he has his "problems" is with blitzing LB's, but it's b/c he's so aggressive. Thats Kemo's problem too, IMO.
kemo can hold his own in pass blocking, he doesnt have nice feet but neither did faneca, but at least he doesnt get blown off the ball like hartwig.

i know faneca was good, but he was also expensive and old and right now is playing between a pro bowl LT and C....the best center in the league, and hes the best center on his own with or without faneca.

im not hating on faneca but i dont blame the steelers for letting him walk, and im not a kemo fan either but he played well this year, better than i thought he could

BlackGold4vr
01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Any offense that has struggled like ours has with the 3rd and 4th and inches situations need only look at the push the O-line is getting for the answer to the problem. Strong O-lines can make the 1st downs in a high percentage of those situations. Ours gets pushed backwards most of the time. If we beef up the line it will help every part of our teams performance from helping to keep the defense more rested to controlling the clock and taking the air out of the ball with the lead. Right now we cannot do that.