PDA

View Full Version : Reed contemplating retirement!!

Blazedby92
01-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Baltimore Ravens

Ravens' Reed contemplating retirement after frustrating playoff loss

Associated Press
INDIANAPOLIS -- Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed is considering retirement after an injury-filled season.

The 31-year-old Reed missed four December games because of a variety of injuries, including problems with his neck, hip and groin.

Colts 20, Ravens 3

Related:
Colts back in AFC title game | Highlights | Photos
Ravens' Reed contemplating retirement | Discuss
Ravens run stonewalled by Colts D | Analysis

Video:
Bethea seals Colts' victory with INT
Colts: Path to the playoffs | 2009 remix
Ravens: Path to the playoffs | 2009 remix
"I've been thinking about it, and it kind of hit me on the sidelines," he said Saturday after a 20-3 playoff loss to the Colts. "It's going to be a long offseason. It hurts. I am just thinking about it.

"I'm 50-50. I am going to re-evaluate things and see how it goes in the next couple of days."

The six-time Pro Bowler was the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year. He had one interception of Peyton Manning on Saturday night, but fumbled on his runback, handing the ball back to the Colts. He also had an interception and long return erased by a pass interference penalty on teammate Corey Ivy.

Reed has a franchise-record 46 interceptions and 13 career touchdowns. He is the only player in NFL history to score TDs by blocking a punt and returning a punt, an interception and a fumble.

But Reed has been hindered over the past two seasons by a damaged nerve in his neck, among the other injuries. He made only three interceptions this year, yet made the Pro Bowl.

"It wasn't a weird nomination. I played the majority of the season," he said.

:cope:
The Grey-Ray-Vens are falling apart. That was pathetic. Indy got up by 17 and rested for the remainder of the game. As a fan of football for 40 years nothing pleases me more than watching scum like Ray Lewis get humiliated. Ed Reed should retire along with Lewis. They don't have the QB to get them to the Super Bowl so they are at best 5 years out. Reay and Reed are already Grey, they will be in wheelchairs by then. Reed still has skills he could go somewhere with a real team and have a chance. Lewis... is garbage, an accused murderer, and will never make the transition. The Ravens are a dirty team with a dirty leader and a scared faced little geek QB who couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt for a starting job. And all the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put the Ravens in the Super Bowl again. I don't know what's better watching them lose or knowing that they honestly thought they had a chance, what a joke.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-17-2010, 11:11 AM
i bet he comes back from another season...this is all from emotion, and the offseason will change his mind

JensK
01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Mason retired last year...

Ibleedblk&gld
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Mason retired last year...

he'll do it again this year...then him and reed will magically appear at training camp

SteelCityKid5
01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
He wont retire. He's making statements based off of emotions right now which is usually never the truth.

75Steeler
01-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He is one of those veterans who is dangerous to whoever the Ratbirds play. Plus he gets them fired up and is a Ratbird leader. We need to smoke them and Cinci next year to show the world that the Steelers still have it.

steelers4life66
01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
all the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put the Ravens in the Super Bowl again.:hilarious:

ejsteeler
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He is one of those veterans who is dangerous to whoever the Ratbirds play. Plus he gets them fired up and is a Ratbird leader. We need to smoke them and Cinci next year to show the world that the Steelers still have it.

I would rather smoke them with all their generals on the field.......

Callax
01-18-2010, 11:05 PM
good bye reed and have a nice retirement!!!

same to mason, too old and brittle to be playing
later gimps!!!

dse2010
01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Reed's only been in the league, what? 7-8 years??