PDA

View Full Version : If cowher coached again?

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
In my opinion if cowher coached for any other team it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth, his cowher and pittsburgh are correlated together. but if he did come back to coaching who would be a team where he wouldn't tarnish his steeler legacy.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't care about Cowher since seeing him at the playoff game against Carolina last year..worst thing I've ever seen. That's the definition of a traitor in my book, and it pretty much made me lose most of any respect I had for him. A lot of people will say it wasn't a big deal and that he's done more for this team than what he lost in those 30 seconds, but come on man. Seriously? Peace Cowher. Hope whatever team you go to we play so the Steelers can beat your ***.:grin1:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2010, 09:37 PM
If Cowher coached again I wouldn't care....If Cowher never coaches again I won't care....I don't care about Cowher period anymore...Truth be told I wanted him gone after the Steelers first loss to the Pats in the AFC title game...

TEEMONT
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree with SteelersBabe....ever since the Hurricanes game last year he has been dead to me.

Any Pittsburgher that pulled that **** would be dead to me, the man grew up in Crafton for Christs sakes!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with SteelersBabe....ever since the Hurricanes game last year he has been dead to me.

Any Pittsburgher that pulled that **** would be dead to me, the man grew up in Crafton for Christs sakes!

Hey Tee, lets throw Cowher in a wood chipper...lol

Zachintosh66
01-15-2010, 09:49 PM
im ok as long as it wouldnt be a AFC NORTH team...

He ran his course in the 'burgh and mailed it in his final year. But it was fun while it lasted.

TEEMONT
01-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey Tee, lets throw Cowher in a wood chipper...lol

not painful enough for that rat ****

JensK
01-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Rumors has it that Cowher would like to coach Giants (just rumors for the mill...)

K Train
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
hes not a good coach lol, who gives a **** he will inherit some shitbag team cause espn likes to blow him and he would fail. no owner is gonna give him 15 years to win

LarryNJ
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't care about Cowher since seeing him at the playoff game against Carolina last year..worst thing I've ever seen. That's the definition of a traitor in my book, and it pretty much made me lose most of any respect I had for him. A lot of people will say it wasn't a big deal and that he's done more for this team than what he lost in those 30 seconds, but come on man. Seriously? Peace Cowher. Hope whatever team you go to we play so the Steelers can beat your ***.:grin1:

:plus1::plus1:

I agree he's a total jagoff!

hes not a good coach lol, who gives a **** he will inherit some shitbag team cause espn likes to blow him and he would fail. no owner is gonna give him 15 years to win

:plus1: That's true, he's more over rated that Flacco. I hope he does come back because he'll be expected to win big fast and he'll dissappoint an entire city yet again!

jcloss23
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
im ok as long as it wouldnt be a AFC NORTH team...

He ran his course in the 'burgh and mailed it in his final year. But it was fun while it lasted.

i was thinkin the same thing, the rumors he was going to the browns the past year and no matter what or where cower goes the man is still a steeler in my heart...

SteelerSteve
01-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I love cowher......

DIESELMAN
01-16-2010, 08:43 AM
**** Cowher!!! I hope he does coach again and fails miserably!!!

steelersbabex25
01-16-2010, 09:01 AM
I love cowher......

Well apparently Cowher doesn't love Pittsburgh all that much..

75Steeler
01-16-2010, 11:21 AM
At the end of the day does it really matter if or when he coaches again? All I'm worried about football wise is whether the Steelers do well in the 2010 season. I'm ready for a serious run at the stairway to 7!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM
K-train an Diesel man said it best about Coward, He ain't sh*& and if he was he would of won more than 1 Superbowl in 15 years:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I want to throw Cowher in a wood chipper....that should count for something....lol

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2010, 01:07 AM
If Cowher coached again I wouldn't care....If Cowher never coaches again I won't care....I don't care about Cowher period anymore...Truth be told I wanted him gone after the Steelers first loss to the Pats in the AFC title game...

Remind everyone who his QB was for that title game.

K-train an Diesel man said it best about Coward, He ain't sh*& and if he was he would of won more than 1 Superbowl in 15 years:tt02:

If he would've won more than 1 Superbowl with the cast of characters he had as QB then he would've been a miracle worker, not a head coach.

Zachintosh66
01-17-2010, 01:40 AM
If he would've won more than 1 Superbowl with the cast of characters he had as QB then he would've been a miracle worker, not a head coach.

too funny, but so true. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Remind everyone who his QB was for that title game.

I don't care who his QB was and I'm so tired of that excuse......Yea we all know Kordell Stewart was a joke......Just like Neil O'Donnell was a joke....Neil solid in the regular season but always shaky come play-off time........Cowher proved time and time again you can't just run the ball and play great defense and win a Super Bowl......His lone Super Bowl win doesn't change the fact the Steelers choked numerous times in the AFC title game under him which all 4 losses were in Pittsburgh......

What I find funny you want to make excuses for Cowher by blaming the QB's for the numerous AFC title game choke jobs....But you put all the blame on Tomlin and not the players for the Steelers missing the play-offs this year......lol Tomlin deserves part of the blame this year no doubt but Cowher also deserves blame for the Steelers losing AFC title games (in Pittsburgh) to inferior teams like the Chargers and Pats/01.......The Broncos might have been the better team in 97 but the Steelers did beat them in the regular season that year.....In 2004 I knew the Steelers wouldn't reach the Super Bowl since Ben was a rookie....No rookie ever has led a team to a Super Bowl for a reason..........I don't blame Cowher for Super Bowl XXX since Neil threw the game away.....I credit Bill Cowher for having guts big time for the surprised on-side kick that put the Steelers back into the game......Neil let the team down and Bill Cowher.....Only time I will use the QB excuse in his favor.......

The two times the Steelers did reach the Super Bowl under Cowher was when Cowher went away from his philosophy on offense.......During the 1995 season the passing game was huge in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl with Neil throwing to 5 WR sets all year....The Steelers had a good game running game with Eric Pegram/Bam Morris but not the dominating running game that Cowher usually had........During the Super Bowl XL run it was Ben throwing the ball early in games and the Steelers sitting on those leads on why the Steelers reached the Super Bowl.......

DanRooney
01-17-2010, 05:54 AM
"Originally Posted by SIXBURGH
K-train an Diesel man said it best about Coward, He ain't sh*& and if he was he would of won more than 1 Superbowl in 15 years"

Like Peyton Manning, right? Only 1 SB in 10 years.

LarryNJ
01-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Cowher proved time and time again you can't just run the ball and play great defense and win a Super Bowl......

The two times the Steelers did reach the Super Bowl under Cowher was when Cowher went away from his philosophy on offense.......During the 1995 season the passing game was huge in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl with Neil throwing to 5 WR sets all year....The Steelers had a good game running game with Eric Pegram/Bam Morris but not the dominating running game that Cowher usually had........During the Super Bowl XL run it was Ben throwing the ball early in games and the Steelers sitting on those leads on why the Steelers reached the Super Bowl.......

:plus1: That's so true and there's many examples of it through out the history of the NFL. When you make it to the playoffs you are playing the best teams and if you're predictable the chances are good you are going to get shut down and lose.

Madden King
01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Personally, I would love to see him coach on the shores of Lake Michigan in the very near future. Since it looks like things are going south in the Windy City, I believe he would be a perfect fit for the Bears. However, due to the cheapness and need of total control of the current owners (the McCaskeys), it's probably never gonna happen.

K Train
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
"Originally Posted by SIXBURGH
K-train an Diesel man said it best about Coward, He ain't sh*& and if he was he would of won more than 1 Superbowl in 15 years"

Like Peyton Manning, right? Only 1 SB in 10 years.

peyton manning could have won more, he is great but lacks the mindset to play in pressure situations. he even showed that in the superbowl, he was choking it away right away but chicago was just to bad for them to lose to

kgreen
01-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Yeah that was BS. I mean Tomlin embraces the Pens better and he's not from Pittsburgh!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
peyton manning could have won more, he is great but lacks the mindset to play in pressure situations. he even showed that in the superbowl, he was choking it away right away but chicago was just to bad for them to lose to

Very true Ktrain......Manning just dumped off to Addai and Rhodes the whole game against the Bears.......

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't care who his QB was and I'm so tired of that excuse......Yea we all know Kordell Stewart was a joke......Just like Neil O'Donnell was a joke....Neil solid in the regular season but always shaky come play-off time........Cowher proved time and time again you can't just run the ball and play great defense and win a Super Bowl......His lone Super Bowl win doesn't change the fact the Steelers choked numerous times in the AFC title game under him which all 4 losses were in Pittsburgh......

I'm sure he knew he couldn't just run the ball, he just didn't have anyone to throw it. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

What I find funny you want to make excuses for Cowher by blaming the QB's for the numerous AFC title game choke jobs....But you put all the blame on Tomlin and not the players for the Steelers missing the play-offs this year......lol

Bottomline, Cowher was given a probowl QB his final two seasons as the Steelers head coach. He went to the AFC conference game the first year with that QB as a rookie, won the SB with him in his second year and went .500 the third year after that QB almost died twice (once before the season and once during the season).

Tomlin has had the benefit of a probowl QB since he starting coaching. Eliminated in the first round in year one, SB in year two, and missed the playoffs in year three. Tomlin is getting blame because he is incapable of making personnel changes. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he manages to do with his probowl QB in his fourth year. I think if he misses the playoffs or loses in the first round for a second time in only 4 years with a QB the caliber of Roethlisberger, it would be pretty fair to say that something is very wrong.

Moondog
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
I'll always be grateful to Cowher. He made the Steelers competitive again after we had suffered the 80's mediocrity. I vaguely remembered the last Super Bowl (1979 season) because I was only seven years old. Much of my coming of age was with the Steelers sucking so it was great to have the Steelers be competing nearly every year after Cowher took over. He represented Pittsburgh well when he was here, hell, he was the face of Pittsburgh and he did bring the Lombardi back after a 26 year drought. I wish him well where ever he ends up. (Just please not the AFC north, ok Bill?)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
15 years for one super bowl is way too long, coming up short time after time after time would have been enough to seal his fate anywhere else. He's fortunate to have had the Rooney's for owners who kept giving chance after chance to fail. His teams were solid everywhere but at QB & WR. We would never invest the money to get solid WR's & top notch QB to pull the trigger.

Defense was never a problem, special teams were usually good too, running game was always top notch, but when you have a mediocre QB and average WR's you aren't going to win it all very often. He even admitted so himself recently by commenting that the great defense and run hard will get you to the playoffs but won't get you very far.

Cowher will coach again somewhere, but where I could care less.

LarryNJ
01-18-2010, 02:00 AM

Very true Ktrain......Manning just dumped off to Addai and Rhodes the whole game against the Bears.......

As far as their SB goes I think that's as far from the truth that you can get. Manning was calling his own plays, he took what the Bears were giving him and handed the ball off. I'd say he was very unselfish and did what it took to win. That's why he was awarded the MVP.

K Train
01-18-2010, 02:18 AM
i disagree....i though rhodes and addai should have been co-mvps, they put on a show. manning had a shaky game and an awful start....the bears just werent a good team, they werent coached well, and rex was way worse than manning.

you dont have to agree, but he wasnt the MVP of that game, hes just the name they wanted to get it. most other teams would have beaten the colts

and im just saying manning has that choke factor that could rise up at any time, hes just not good in clutch situations and he never has been.....they better not sleep on the jets

DanRooney
01-18-2010, 02:34 AM
i disagree....i though rhodes and addai should have been co-mvps, they put on a show. manning had a shaky game and an awful start....the bears just werent a good team, they werent coached well, and rex was way worse than manning.

you dont have to agree, but he wasnt the MVP of that game, hes just the name they wanted to get it. most other teams would have beaten the colts

and im just saying manning has that choke factor that could rise up at any time, hes just not good in clutch situations and he never has been.....they better not sleep on the jets

You're absolute right KTrain. It absolutely sickens me how overrated Manning is. He is the best regular season quarterback in the league but he gets credit for every single aspect of the team. If they lose, it's "the Colts D or runningbacks suck." If they win, it's "Manning is the best ever!" The guy is a pompous ***. Him getting the SB MVP was absolutely ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as his brother getting it when the Giants D held the greatest offense of all time to 14 points. Peyton showed his true colors when he blamed his OL for losing to us in the divisional game in '05. I can't believe a majority of the league like this guy.

LarryNJ
01-18-2010, 03:13 AM

There's no arguing that point! ;)

It absolutely sickens me how overrated Manning is. .......Peyton showed his true colors when he blamed his OL for losing to us in the divisional game in '05.

We all know it wasn't because of his O line..they lost because of the overrated head coach on the other sideline! Who's probably going to sign for close to 10 Million a year in the next year! :lol: