PDA

View Full Version : who's retiring?

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
There have been some rumors that Reed, Townsend and hampton will retire this year, but what about batch, been second string his whole career with the steelers. injury prone when he does get in. Should this be his last year and let Double D take over the number 2 role. Since dixon is more of a weapon than batch. just need to work on dixon's open up the playbook for dixon and he will be awesome.

steelers4life66
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
There have been some rumors that Reed, Townsend and hampton will retire this year, but what about batch, been second string his whole career with the steelers. injury prone when he does get in. Should this be his last year and let Double D take over the number 2 role. Since dixon is more of a weapon than batch. just need to work on dixon's open up the playbook for dixon and he will be awesome.

:thinking: I would say Batch 4 sure. Look 4 him 2 take a job as a assistant QB coach. I wouldn't think Hampton will. As 4 Reed and Townsend who gives a ship. As long as their not here with us next year.

DanRooney
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM

lol wut? Reed and Hampton? You're reading or smoking some really bad or good stuff.

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
lol wut? Reed and Hampton? You're reading or smoking some really bad or good stuff.

Just rumors on some of my other forums.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2010, 11:10 AM
LMAO, Hampton retiring? That dude is going to get a nice payday either from us or somebody else. If you're referring to Jeff Reed, yeah whatever troll member on whatever troll forum posted that up needs their Steelers fan card revoked; again Jeff will also get at BIG payday from someone this offseason.

Townsend could retire if he's not brought back this year, I would possibly give that one some credibility simply because he's been around a long time and may not want to start over with another team.

jcloss23
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
there is no way big snack retires, he is playing some of the best football of his life

Zachintosh66
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
only possibilites from our team my be townsend and batch... but wouldnt surprise me if they didnt

oh and Galloway :lol:

steelersbabex25
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
No chance Townsend, Hampton, or Reed will retire this year. That doesn't make any sense. Yeah, whoever said that needs to get smacked... or needs to do some serious reading up on football..

andyg1984
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
yeah right, big snack is about to cash in somewhere along with c'mon man himself jeff reed ... the way DT played this year at times it looked like he came out of retirement ..

Stlrs4Life
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
What forms is that? So I know not to go to any of them to waste my time.

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
What forms is that? So I know not to go to any of them to waste my time.

lol. espn fourms

Stlrs4Life
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, that explains it.

SnakeEyes43
01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I think Batch as well. Dixon is a pretty good back up and ol' Charlie has been hurt the last two years. I've always liked him, but maybe his time is up...