PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Is it just me but from they way it looked this year everytime harrison blitzed he was being held, but very, very little calls. I saw him dragged down by o lines like 17 obvious calls. It also showed on woodley early in the season. But is this a new "harrison rule" like brady has? If not NFL really need's to take a look at officiating.:imho:

K Train
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM
they said the rushings end's feet has to get past the blockers feet for it to be a hold....its stupid but oh well.

harrison had a down year as far as sacks (aaron smith) and woodley started off very slow but ended the year 4th in sacks....get aaron smith back and evander the **** out of there and the OLBs will have better years.

harrison was still terrific against the run

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Harrison had a super year last year, trying to repeat that performance would be difficult for anyone to pull off even with a healthy defense backing them up. James is a monster; both he and Wood benefit from a front 3 that can clog up blocks and allow them go 1 on 1 against a tackle and get to the QB. As far as the holds go, it's a ticky tack officiating rule like Ktrain said; that prevents them from being called most of the time. Refs are the ones that normally call holding and they can't watch Harrison exclusively all the time so they are bound to miss a bunch of them. Conversely, the times when they do watch him they won't always call it because of how the rule is interpreted.

It sucks but that's life; he overcame it in 2008, but in 2009 with all the injuries and what not he had a bit rougher time but he'll be fine.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Looks like he shouldn't have turned down that invite from Obama. The man has influence!

jcloss23
01-15-2010, 01:08 PM
i still kinf od want to see him in the middle, we have all heard that the man could be a better middle line backer adn with farrior loosing a step this may be possible, but we still need someone to get some pressure on the outside

Zachintosh66
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
we already had this discussion like a month ago :)

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
we already had this discussion like a month ago :)

That's why I re-posted the exact same response I posted then.

steelersbabex25
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, there's not a question about this. Of course he's going to get held, he's one of the top linebackers in the league. And of course they aren't going to call if every time because that would be..well..every time.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not worried about James Harrison and I'm also not worried about the holds......The only way you can stop James Harrison is by holding/mugging him......The guy is a flatout beast and I'm sure he will have double digit sacks again next year despite the holding....

MattyVfromCT
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Is it just me but from they way it looked this year everytime harrison blitzed he was being held, but very, very little calls. I saw him dragged down by o lines like 17 obvious calls. It also showed on woodley early in the season. But is this a new "harrison rule" like brady has? If not NFL really need's to take a look at officiating.:imho:

yes he is being held on nearly any play. and as far as this rule that the rusher's feet have to get pass the blocker, that's bs. just another lame rule by the nfl to protect their soft, pretty boy qb's. and if that actually is a rule, i'm going to put together a video focusing on all the times when james gets around the left tackle and is not only in a head lock but has his jersey clamped on his lower back as well. i should send it to the nfl but then again they'd probably come after me for copyright infringement. either way, i'm going to make a video of nothing but holds on harrison the last few years and post it on youtube.

Stairwayto7
01-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Isnt every good pass rusher held???

Goodfrom55
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
He gets held on almost every play. However, if he could / would ever perform a spin move, not only would he kill the QB, he would leave the LT in the dust. They all anticipate him power rushing up the field around the edge, but never expect him to go inside. He should practice the spin move and the "Reggie White" club move to add to his aresnal. Then he might truly be unblockable.