PDA

View Full Version : All the interest in our Defensive Coaches Proves.....

tburg68
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
With the movement of some Defensive assistants already, and more rumored to possibly go, the rest of the league seems to think that our D staff is more than capable.

How many of our Offensive assistants have interviewed for promotions??????

LatrobePA
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
With the movement of some Defensive assistants already, and more rumored to possibly go, the rest of the league seems to think that our D staff is more than capable.

Zero! What's that say?

steelersbabex25
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM

I'm going to say none, because our defensive coordinate is a (hopefully) Hall of Famer, and our offensive coordinator is still in Pittsburgh only because he's bffs with the quarterback..

LatrobePA
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
bff's lol what a joke!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
When you have a top 5 defense every year for the last 2 decades, people tend to notice you. Having said that, I still have to wonder what in the world people would want our defensive backs coaches for, but hey whatever I guess. :scratch:

As far as offensive coaches go, well hell would you want any of them to be part of your staff if you were starting a team.....didn't think so :nonod: :lol:

V_83
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
As far as offensive coaches go, well hell would you want any of them to be part of your staff if you were starting a team

Nope. In fact I would want them to stay in Pittsburgh to hinder the Steelers as much as possible.

Goodfrom55
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
is it me or does anyone else find it odd that Tomlin is thinking about promoting the current WR coach to QB coach? Don't you normally hire an ex QB to be a QB coach ?

andyg1984
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
and the BA bashing continues ... im sort of interested to see who everyone thinks will eventually take DL's place ? would have liked to see DC w/ KG as an assistant, but looks like that show is in GB now ...

--- Added 1/14/2010 at 04:39 PM ---

i guess the bigger question is how much longer the 3-4 stays around , but i guess that deserves its own thread ..

Goodfrom55
01-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Once DL leaves, I would try to hire Rob Ryan. he has put together some good defenses with sh*t talent (Raiders, Cleveland). Imagine what he could do with a talented defense.

This of course, assuming Keith Butler take the DC job in miami.

Zachintosh66
01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
bigger question is how much longer the 3-4 stays around , but i guess that deserves its own thread

this question is not allowed to be asked as long a Dick is still in town. Didnt you get the memo? :lol:

TEEMONT
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
is it me or does anyone else find it odd that Tomlin is thinking about promoting the current WR coach to QB coach? Don't you normally hire an ex QB to be a QB coach ?

the pro coaching game is weird....Tomlin played WR in college but made his name as a DB coach in the pro's....its all about knowledge when you get to this part fo the game I guess.

jcloss23
01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
our offence surprise on all pure talent, big ben was 10th pick in '04, heath miller was 30th pick in '05, Hines was taking in the 3rd round in '98, santonio was taken as the 25th pick in '06, mendenhall wal taken as the 23rd pick, limas sweed in the 2cd round, mike wallace in the 3rd round, thats a lot of talent on the offence(forgetting about that rotten o-line), the defence has always made its player, look at james harrison, and if anyone remembers kendrell bell being very talented in pitt what has he been doing since he left?!? the defesive coaches make their players with what they have where the offesive gets them all from the draft...

igor0190
01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
It's going to be a terrible waste of talent if we don't draft some capable o-lineman. Mainly a center and starting tackle.
That being said we need a playmaker in the secondary as well. I say put off the D-Line this year, although old, we still have some decent depth there.