PDA

View Full Version : Rankings Updated



darnik44
01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I just finished editing all the NFLDraftSpot.com positional rankings and top 100


Positional Rankings: QB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/quarterbacks.html) l RB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/running-backs.html) l FB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/fullbacks.html) l WR (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/wide-receivers.html) l TE (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/tight-ends.html) l OT (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/tackles.html) l OG (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/guards.html) l C (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/centers.html) l DE (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/defensive-ends.html) l DT (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/defensive-tackles.html) l OLB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/outside-linebackers.html) l ILB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/inside-linebackers.html) l CB (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/cornerbacks.html) l FS (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/free-safeties.html) l SS (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/strong-safeties.html) l K (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/kickers.html) l P (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/positional-rankings/punters.html) l TOP 100 (http://www.nfldraftspot.com/component/content/article/34-big-board/48-2010-nfl-draft-big-board.html)

andyg1984
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
from the limited stuff i saw i liked pike, but that is the highest i have seen him out of multiple rankings .. are these rankings based on where you think they will be drafted or where you feel they rank?

--- Added 1/13/2010 at 06:44 PM ---

also a little surprised about his bearcat brethren, gilyard ..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I like your ranking for Robert Johnson the FS from Utah....I really like this kid if the Steelers don't take a safety within the first two rounds then Johnson is a safety to look at in rounds 3 or 4.......

darnik44
01-13-2010, 07:52 PM
from the limited stuff i saw i liked pike, but that is the highest i have seen him out of multiple rankings .. are these rankings based on where you think they will be drafted or where you feel they rank?

--- Added 1/13/2010 at 06:44 PM ---

also a little surprised about his bearcat brethren, gilyard ..

Haha, that and the Mardy Gilyard ranking are the only questions/comments I ever get.

I don't have Tony Pike #1 because I think he'll be the first QB drafted. I know Clausen has about a 90% chance to be the first QB taken, and Sam Bradford has the other 10%.

Same with Gilyard. Fast forward 2 or 3 years from now and these rankings might make perfect sense.

I have Pike #1 because I feel he'll have the best career. I don't really like any of these QB's very much, so I can't rank any of them too aweful high.

I feel Jimmy Clausen has a huge chance to bust because of his attitude and immaturity. How a player handles themself once they are handed a contract and become instantly rich is the primary thing that causes a player to be a bust. Generally the talent evaluations are correct I feel.

As a quarterback Tony Pike is fairly polished. There's no quirky throwing motion, his footwork is adequate, he stands tall in the pocket, and keeps his eyes down field. He's also very accurate and from everything I've heard and read he has a very good overall attitude. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the class, but it's certainly adequate.

I like Pike so much because he is prototypical by QB standards right now. He's big with a good arm and very cool under pressure, much like Joe Flacco. He's way more raw than Flacco was and less experienced, but has seen better competition on bigger stages than Flacco ever saw in college. Of all the QB prospects he just seems to have the most upside.

My rankings are based on how I feel their talent stacks up. For the most part it works that way and as an indication on where a player likely will be drafted. Quarterbacks are the exception, because every year we see a few get overdrafted.

With Colt McCoy, I think his arm is slightly better than Bradford's and slightly better (strength wise) than he gets credit for. McCoy also trumps Bradford in overall athletic ability and experience. I see McCoy as a more athletic, rich man's Chad Pennington. Not a future Hall of Famer, but the potential to be a solid, above average starting QB 2-3 years from now.

As you'll notice in my overall rankings, I don't put a big gap between any of them. I see their chances to suceed as pretty equal overall. They all have their knocks and question marks. None of them I feel overly confident about, but at the same time I feel they all have some good qualities to bring to the table.

With Gilyard, I see a ton of potential. He's a cross between Santonio Holmes and DeSean Jackson. He makes plays.

K Train
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
wow this is extremely similar to a post i made a few days ago on another board.

i think pike is alot like joe flacco with no as big an arm but better accuracy. hes very thin though, he is 210 pounds, he needs to add like 20 pounds. but he stands tall with his eyes down field and can make all the throws, he does a nice brett favre impersnation.

i have always compared mccoy to pennington. best accuracy in the draft, somewhat of a noodle arm, but he has something pennington does not have....wheels.

i do not think clausen will be a bust, i think hes going to be very successful actually. he matured....alot. this year that boosted his stock more than anything else depsite havning an awesome junior year. i like him alot, and i dont think the money is gonna ruin him, hes been spoiled and fed with a silver spoon his whole life.

i wish locker was coming out cause he would make it interesting.

i hate bradford....hes an alex smith clone. same height, weight, ability, shoulder issues, spread offense....i dont think theres a better comparison.

i love tebow....as a TE, i think he could be dallas clark-like. clark was a LB in college....just sayin, transitions can be made.

i said on a bengals board that gilyard is like a cross between holmes and ginn, not as good as holmes was as a prospect, but more than the PR ginn was

andyg1984
01-13-2010, 10:45 PM
another one i would be interested to hear your thoughts on is hernandez at 98 ..

--- Added 1/13/2010 at 09:45 PM ---

and javier arenas ..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2010, 10:48 PM
No Jared Veldheer among your OT's?...........A small school sleeper this year and I have read could be the Sebastian Vollmer of this years draft..........Vollmer was among my sleepers of last year but I never thought he would have been taken in the 2nd round....I thought he was a 5th to 7th round prospect.....

andyg1984
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
i see that you also had blount as the 16th back .. obviously his stock is down, but i think 2-3 years from now there will be a good number of teams that wish they did not pass on him .. i would like to see us take a chance on him or dexter, maybe even both if blount were to free-fall .. blount has toughness as a RB that we don't seem to put on the field

darnik44
01-15-2010, 11:48 AM
another one i would be interested to hear your thoughts on is hernandez at 98 ..

--- Added 1/13/2010 at 09:45 PM ---

and javier arenas ..

I did end up moving Hernandez up a little bit. I think several years ago a TE like Hernandez carried a lot more value because a TE with receiving skills like that was rare. Now it's the norm, and the rarity is finding a Heath Miller type.

Arenas has most of his value as a KR/PR. As a CB, he isn't all that impressive. I think he'll figure into the top 100, but barely.

I hear what you're saying about Blount. But I just have a hard time putting too much value in a guy who's played very little football at the D1 level and has some character issues. Add to that he's tall and runs high.

--- Added 1/15/2010 at 10:48 AM ---


No Jared Veldheer among your OT's?...........A small school sleeper this year and I have read could be the Sebastian Vollmer of this years draft..........Vollmer was among my sleepers of last year but I never thought he would have been taken in the 2nd round....I thought he was a 5th to 7th round prospect.....

I usually hold off on small school prospects until I can see them in all-star games against a level playing field.

K Train
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
arenas was good in the defense he played in, which was phenomenal. but he doesnt project to be anything more than a NB.

i think hernandez is a 3rd round guy....right around cornelius ingram would have been if he didnt get injured. darniks right though, big wr-like TEs (who are really just slow WRs) are nice in an offense but arent too rare. TEs are tough to rank, the 3rd or 4th best TE can go in the 5th round

K Train
01-15-2010, 12:31 PM
i think jason fox over trent williams is a little bit of a stretch....i dont buy that williams is in the same class as okung, bulaga and davis but hes still a legit first round talent, more so than fox imo

andyg1984
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
definitely agree that the witten & heath like TE's are are a hot commodity, but think hernandez is going to be too much of a playmaker at that spot ..

as for arenas ,imo, he is simply a too complete of a player to get that ranking .. i know what you mean about him as a corner ...

love the rankings tho ..

andyg1984
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
i guess i should say why i like arenas .. i like how he can play close to the line - reliable tackler/exceptional blitzer for a DB, and obviously what he does as a return man .. he is just constantly around the ball .. there are DC's who will find a way to get him in packages .. he could be like a "6th man" to a secondary , just a solid football player imo who may be worth it in the 3rd, not trying to say he should be top 40 or anything ..