PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lose one defensive assistant, possibly another

Captcoolhand
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
The Steelers have lost another assistant from their coaching staff and could be in danger of losing one more.
Lou Spanos, a defensive assistant for the past 15 seasons, has agreed to become the linebackers coach for the Washington Redskins under new Coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins have hired former Steelers defensive coordinator Jim Haslett to install the 3-4 defense in Washington.
Also, Steelers linebacker coach Keith Butler is a candidate to become defensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins. He has been granted permission by the Steelers to speak with Dolphins Coach Tony Sporano.
Coach Mike Tomlin has already had three changes on his coaching staff: Offensive line coach Larry Zierlein and special teams coordinator Bob Ligashesky were fired and quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson retired,
Meantime, Omar Khan, the team's football and business administration coordinator, interviewed yesterday with new Seattle Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll about becoming their general manager. He is one of four known candidates for the position.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10013/1027940-100.stm#ixzz0cWVIyMJJ

Why everyone but BA...:duh:

LatrobePA
01-13-2010, 03:45 PM

They must not be friends with Ben!

Captcoolhand
01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
They must not be friends with Ben!I guess!

BlackGold4vr
01-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Nobody else wants him.......:lol:

Captcoolhand
01-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Nobody else wants him.......:lol:That should tell this team something....

Big T
01-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Keith Butler is a good coach...I hope we don't lose him

jcloss23
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
spanos has done some magical things with our linebackers, this could hurt us in some years....

Zachintosh66
01-13-2010, 09:59 PM
At least take Horton the DB Coach...

jcloss23
01-13-2010, 10:03 PM
At least take Horton the DB Coach...

haha, please and than you, i really hope tomlin spends a little time to get them to step up, and stop being very possibly the worst set of backs in the league, i mean damn ike taylor is the closest thing to a shutdown corner we have, townsend is 106 years old and just doesnt have it in him anymore, gay belongs on the practice squad to raise ben's self esteem in practice, clark isnt **** without troy, and burnett, mundy, and ratliff didnt get the shots, something needs to change

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2010, 01:10 AM
I really don't want to lose Kahn or Butler. Can't blame Keith though if he gets a shot at DC position.