PDA

View Full Version : The Ravens can thank the Steelers for still being alive in the playoffs...

Troyisabeast_43
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
And I know this a big what if game and what not but I say this mainly because if Ben Roethlisberger plays in that game in Baltimore the Steelers lost in overtime on the Sunday night instead of Dennis Dixon who did play well dont get me wrong but was still eratic in the 2nd half and in overtime when he threw the pic, if Ben plays in that game the Steelers win by at least a TD and the Ravens finish 8-8 and dont make the playoffs. They can also thank the Steelers for completely imploding in the games against the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns because had they won all of them or even 2 of the 3 like they were suppose too the Ravens even if they do finish 9-7 are on the outside looking in because the Jets had the tiebraker over them at 9-7.

So while the Ravens played a good game against a very overrated Pats team yesterday and looked pretty good I think their run ends in Indy on Saturday night when they have to face Peyton Manning. Joe Flacco will not be able to throw for 39 yards in this game like he did yesterday and expect to win against Peyton and the Colts it just wont happen. It's just very frustrating to see the Ravens moving on to the final 4 of the AFC when the Steelers I believe are clearly a better football team overall then the Ravens and the only reason the Ravens made the playoffs in the first place is because of the Steelers imploding in those 3 losses to KC,Oak,and Cleveland, and Dixon being the QB that Sunday night game in Baltimore.

steelersbabex25
01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. It's over now. Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason and hope the Steelers make some big changes in the offseason.

Troyisabeast_43
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I know it's all shoulda woulda coulda but it goes to show you how badly this Steelers team underacheived this season when a team like the Ravens who are not a better overall team then the Steelers are still playing and ended up winning a wildcard game. On a positive note, it was great to see the Bungles go one and done like we all knew they would. I hope the Bengals enjoyed winning the AFC North this season and sweeping this division because next season they wont be so lucky and wont get the breaks like they did this year. They will be playing a first place schedule and they cant count on the Steelers completely imploding like they did this year which allowed the Bengals to pretty much have the division at the beginning of December...

LatrobePA
01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Water under the bridge brutha!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Just goes to show how much we could have done if we'd have just won even 1 more game than we did. Yeah it sucks, to watch the NFL in January and not have anything to cheer for except the Ravens demise, which we all know will come sooner or later before February.

jcloss23
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. It's over now. Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason and hope the Steelers make some big changes in the offseason.

this is completely right, everyone has been making excuses but we kille ourselves in the games and the ravens didnt, thats why they are in

LarryNJ
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason
:yellowthumb:

I hope this weeks games are better. The only good game was the Cards/Packers, that was a blast to watch. I think this weekend will be closer games. I'm looking forward to all 4 of them.

andyg1984
01-11-2010, 06:35 PM
the Ravens had many close losses just as we did, but i think in the end they "deserved" it much more .. i hate to use that word deserve, but the ravens were more impressive imo this year

steelersbabex25
01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
It doesn't even matter anymore. None of it does. Heres to next year...

75Steeler
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Look at it this way we beat them 3 times last season on our way to win SB43. Let them have their 15 minutes of glory that will end at the hand of a better team.

Steel Trap86
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm glad they beat up Brady and the Pats, and the way they played they deserved it. I don't know that they can get by Indy, but they have a legit shot at it. They were only beaten this season by Indy 17-15.

NCSteeler
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
:yellowthumb:

I hope this weeks games are better. The only good game was the Cards/Packers, that was a blast to watch. I think this weekend will be closer games. I'm looking forward to all 4 of them.

The Cards can thank the Steelers, we laid the blueprint to tearing up the Packers. Hell they were even running bunched WR sets, and had thier TE doing his best Heath impression running the go down the middle.

--- Added 1/11/2010 at 07:30 PM ---

Jeez, let in go already, we WERE not the better team. Do we have more talented players, YES, but we were not the better team. Our gameplans, injuries and coaching let us down this year. If Baltimore gets some legitimate WRs this year, they may be the best in the north.

Sir Blitzelot
01-12-2010, 09:20 AM
The fact is, the Steelers were not a consistent team this year. If this team was meant to be in the playoffs, it would have happened. As for the Ravens, their season ends on Saturday... Go Colts!

tburg68
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
As for the Ravens, their season ends on Saturday... Go Colts!

I hate the Ravens as much as the next guy, but the Idiotic Colts and their "lets rest everyone theory" is going to cost them. I would not be surprised to see the Ravens heading to San Diego for the AFC championship game.

Troyisabeast_43
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
The Cards can thank the Steelers, we laid the blueprint to tearing up the Packers. Hell they were even running bunched WR sets, and had thier TE doing his best Heath impression running the go down the middle.

--- Added 1/11/2010 at 07:30 PM ---

Jeez, let in go already, we WERE not the better team. Do we have more talented players, YES, but we were not the better team. Our gameplans, injuries and coaching let us down this year. If Baltimore gets some legitimate WRs this year, they may be the best in the north.

The Ravens and the Steelers had the exact same record this year at 9-7 and the Steelers had more quality wins if you ask me then the Ravens did. The Ravens needed overtime to beat the Steelers in Baltimore without Ben,Troy,and Kemoeatu not playing. The main reason they did make it over the Steelers is because the Ravens won the games they were suppose to this year against Cleveland,KC,Oakland, and the Bears that was the difference in them making the playoffs over the Steelers, and the fact that they beat the Steelers with Dennis Dixon at QB and needed OT to do it where if Ben Roethlisberger had played in that game there is no doubt in my mind the Ravens lose. Flacco is overrated and cant win a game with his arm to save his life and has yet to have a come from behind win in the 4th quarter in his career where he led the team,and that defense is overrated as well and once they play Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers they will be exposed along with Flacco for the frauds they truly are...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
The Ravens and the Steelers had the exact same record this year at 9-7 and the Steelers had more quality wins if you ask me then the Ravens did. The Ravens needed overtime to beat the Steelers in Baltimore without Ben,Troy,and Kemoeatu not playing. The main reason they did make it over the Steelers is because the Ravens won the games they were suppose to this year against Cleveland,KC,Oakland, and the Bears that was the difference in them making the playoffs over the Steelers, and the fact that they beat the Steelers with Dennis Dixon at QB and needed OT to do it where if Ben Roethlisberger had played in that game there is no doubt in my mind the Ravens lose. Flacco is overrated and cant win a game with his arm to save his life and has yet to have a come from behind win in the 4th quarter in his career where he led the team,and that defense is overrated as well and once they play Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers they will be exposed along with Flacco for the frauds they truly are...

Seriously dude...you're better than this.

DanRooney
01-12-2010, 06:46 PM

Very true. You can't hide your QB for all of the playoffs.

LarryNJ
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Flacco is overrated and cant win a game with his arm to save his life and has yet to have a come from behind win in the 4th quarter in his career where he led the team.

Over rated? I guess it should have been a 9! :lol:

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT COMP PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

9 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 10 4 40.0 34 3.40 17 0 1 0 10.0 34

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Seriously dude...you're better than this.

Not trying to stir up anything but facts are facts. If the Ravens have to rely on Joe Flacco's arm to come from behind and win a game they are dead in the water. He makes mistakes when games are on the line, he gets sacked way too easily,and has yet to have a come from behind victory where he scores a TD to win a game in his NFL career. Maybe against the Colts this Saturday he proves me wrong and comes of age. But until he does my sentiments on Flacco will stay the same until proven otherwise...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Not trying to stir up anything but facts are facts. If the Ravens have to rely on Joe Flacco's arm to come from behind and win a game they are dead in the water. He makes mistakes when games are on the line, he gets sacked way too easily,and has yet to have a come from behind victory where he scores a TD to win a game in his NFL career. Maybe against the Colts this Saturday he proves me wrong and comes of age. But until he does my sentiments on Flacco will stay the same until proven otherwise...

Clearly Flacco has not been on top of his game recently...but he is still young and inexperienced. He is playing through a very painful hip injury and injuries to his foot and ankle.

Stairwayto7
01-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I do not like Flacco, I think he is average at best, but the ravens deserved to be there and we didnt. We lost both games to a cinci team that I thought was weak. We did beat some good playoff teams, but lost to cleve, oak, and kc all within four weeks. We deserved what we got, I hate, but its just the facts. Without Keisel, Smith, and Troy, we would have gotten ran out of the playoffs by this weekend anyway.
No sense in being a hater. I just want Dallas out since they have 5 rings. Pats are already done.

steelersbabex25
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
^^ good point about Dallas. I didn't even think about that..

LatrobePA
01-13-2010, 08:30 PM
^^ good point about Dallas. I didn't even think about that..

Uh Oh! This might not be good!!

steelersbabex25
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Ofifcially against the Cowboys.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Officially for no Cowgirls or Ratbirds.

Tr305
01-14-2010, 05:04 AM
well as much as i hate the ravens ima go with them to win this week being as they play the colts.. the same colts who layed down and let the jets make the playoffs thus us sittin out this year... ratbirds can lose in afc chamoionship again but I want the colts out. As far as Afc go I think chargers deserve to fiannly get over the hump.

In the nfc screw the cowboys I think id like to see Farve retire with a ring

But really idc who win this year im more focus now on us drafting good gettin back our division gettin back in the playoffs and hopefully winning another superbowl

TampaSteelGirl
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

Moondog
01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
....and the Ravens can thank the Colts for kicking their *** out of the playoffs.

DanRooney
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
JoeFlaccoSaysHi isn't here to talk about the Steelers? That's unusual :clap:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM
....and the Ravens can thank the Colts for kicking their *** out of the playoffs.

That was a tough one to watch. Especially that drive that ended the 1st half with an Indy TD.

LatrobePA
01-18-2010, 10:09 AM
That was a tough one to watch. Especially that drive that ended the 1st half with an Indy TD.

Ravens have a lot of off season stories now, will Reed return? Mason? Is Flacco the future? Will they trade or release Troy Smith?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Ravens have a lot of off season stories now, will Reed return? Mason? Is Flacco the future? Will they trade or release Troy Smith?

IMO...Reed probably retires. Mason should retire. Flacco posted an 88.9 QB rating so he'll get a few more chances :lol:. Troy Smith will be the backup next year...no one in their right mind would want him as their starter.

igor0190
01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
The Ravens were PATHETIC in that game...
Just awful

LatrobePA
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
IMO...Reed probably retires. Mason should retire. Flacco posted an 88.9 QB rating so he'll get a few more chances :lol:. Troy Smith will be the backup next year...no one in their right mind would want him as their starter.

Troy Smith = Dirty Sanchez, someone might take a chance. I agree with Flacco, but he's a choke artist so far in the big games...Of course his WR's / TE's were not helping!!

DanRooney
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Mason is probably gone. If Reed retires, the Ravens terrible secondary will be that much worse. I see them rebuilding for a long time.

One less team to worry about in our division :yellowthumb: Bengals should be good for a while though, they have a lot of young talent. Who would've thought that Carson Palmer would be their weak link?

LatrobePA
01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Browns will be a better team, as bad as that sounds, they will! I think they have 11 picks this year and now someone running that shithole that knows a little about football!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Troy Smith = Dirty Sanchez, someone might take a chance. I agree with Flacco, but he's a choke artist so far in the big games...Of course his WR's / TE's were not helping!!

I personally won't mind seeing Reed go. The guy is always freelancing and it seems the corners have very little trust in him being where he needs to be to back them up. The Ravens honestly played better overall defense with Zbikowski in there instead of Reed. The Ravens desperately need to sign some legit receivers. They probably need to find a replacement for Jared Gaither too. He's always hurt and when he's healthy, he's one of the least impressive 6'9" 350 lb. guys I've seen. Flacco's stats were pretty bad this post season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he was playing through a bad injury.

TEEMONT
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
JoeFlaccoSaysHi isn't here to talk about the Steelers? That's unusual :clap:

your man-crush is disturbing

Troyisabeast_43
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Mason is probably gone. If Reed retires, the Ravens terrible secondary will be that much worse. I see them rebuilding for a long time.

One less team to worry about in our division :yellowthumb: Bengals should be good for a while though, they have a lot of young talent. Who would've thought that Carson Palmer would be their weak link?

The Bengals might have improved this year and gotten better but they still do not know how to win and handle success on a regular basis. We saw it once again this season with the Bengals. After they beat the Steelers on November 15th and pushed their record to 7-2 they went on a downhill spiral losing 5 of their last 8 games which included a playoff loss to the Jets at home. The Bengals are not going to get the breaks they got this past season next season. Their schedule is much tougher next season seeing that they will be playing a first place schedule and have a lot of tough road games. Plus, they cannot count on sweeping the AFC North like they did this season and beating both the Steelers and Ravens twice. That most likely is not going to happen again. So like a lot of people on here are talking about the Ravens taking a step back and losing guys,and the Browns while they will be better they still will be rebuilding, and like I just mentioned the Bengals will have a lot more things working against them next season to win this division and get in the playoffs as compared to this past season. With that being said, it should put the Steelers in great shape to get back on top in this division and get in the playoffs and hopefully make another push at a 7th Lombardi Trophy...