PDA

View Full Version : Only two teams passed it to backs less . . .

UKSTEELER
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM
We completed passes to our backs 51 times all season, that's 3 times a game average.

Only the Jets and Giants had less pass completions to their running backs.

Jets passing attack was woeful anyway, not sure what the Giants excuse was, but they had an eerily similar season results and offensive stats wise . . .

Not good enough, shoddy and shocking!

Matt Forte at Chicago had 51 catches alone, and there were plenty with more than that!!
:rant2:

TEEMONT
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
meh, look at where our passes went. It doesn't really surprise me nor does it bother me. I like a screen as much as the next guy, or even seeing Mendenhall or Moore lined up as a wideout to confuse defenses. But given the options we have at WR, and TE, I am ok with being low in the league in this category.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, considering the weapons Ben has out in patterns on any given play, you can see where those options are generally more appealing. Mendenhall has really good hands and showed he can be a threat so I'd like to see them use him more in the passing game too just to add another dimension to the offense.

jcloss23
01-11-2010, 03:50 PM
in the last few games we started to see a few more receptions by mendenhall, i believe he had 7 for 90 or around that in the packers game so hopefully it will open up some eyes

DIESELMAN
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it would not only help with WR's passing game but our overall offense. It would also help with Ben and his sack totals. Dumpoffs and such are a part of the game just like anything else. Of course Ben would have to take classes on how to get rid of the ball quicker :greengrin:

Heath Miller 76 catches for 789 yards 10.4 avg.

Mendenhall 25 catches for 261 yards 10.4 avg.

cmerrifield
01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Often time Miller stays in to block and then goes out like a reciever, so sometimes Miller does what other teams RB's do.

Goodfrom55
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
But given the options we have at WR, and TE, I am ok with being low in the league in this category.

There is talent in the WR / TE, but a screen to an HB ONCE IN A WHILE will better offset the blitz and prevent ben from getting killed as much as he does.

igor0190
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Ben barely ever recognizes or throws to his checkdowns. Another reason he gets sacked so much.