PDA

View Full Version : So what now?

Steelersfan
11-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Read a lot of opinions on this so thought we should start a thread of it's own.
With 5 games left and the playoffs pretty much out of the picture what do you feel the Steelers should do now?
I'd like to see them take this week to look at everything that has gone wrong this year and look to start fixing things for next year. If that means benching some players then so be it. Get some younger players in there and see what they can do because it's obvious some of the starters don't have what it takes anymore. I'm not saying sellout the season. Which leads to my next part..........
To see this team play with an attitude just once before this season is over. They haven't had one all year and I know as fans we have all seen it (well, lack of it anyways...lol). Watching the Ravens play today is how the Steelers use to play. They had the swagger and just took it to us.

Prosdo
11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see them play around with that O-line. Maybe try and find a set that works. Maybe give Anthony Smith some playing time.

Koopa
11-27-2006, 12:01 AM
i don't know if i'd want them to play around to much with the oline, i don't want ben to get broken

i don't care what happens the rest of the way just as long as we don't lose to the browns lol

House of Steel
11-27-2006, 12:11 AM
We can go 5-11 as long as we sweep the Browns, that would make my season much happier.

shimmysteelerfan
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
We can go 5-11 as long as we sweep the Browns, that would make my season much happier.

i agree....as long as beat the browns again that would be great....only thing that could make it better is if we shut out the ravens at heinz field......that would make up for this ****** season in my eyes.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2006, 12:19 AM
I'd like them to change the OL as well. Sit down Hartings and Simmons and start Okobi & Kemoeatu.

Bench Wilson and start Santonio Holmes.

Rotate James Harrison into the starting lineup more, along with Rian Wallace.

Keep McFadden in the starting lineup and put Ike back in, use Deshea as a nickleback.

Since Troy will be out for the forseeable future, stick Anthony Smith in as safety in a rotation along with Tyrone Carter.

floodcitygirl
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I'd like to just add that life would be much easier for me if they could manage to beat the Bengals on New Years too......

House of Steel
11-27-2006, 09:27 AM
You know, that is a great game plan, Matt.

ONE MORE THING:

USE THAT ****ING NO HUDDLE OFFENSE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
You're exactly right HOS..everybody and their brother keeps asking why we don't use it more especially with the way the season is going. Yet we continue to get behind and get behind and only break it out when everyone is expecting it instead of trying to catch the defense off guard and using it right away to actually build a lead instead of playing catch up all day long. It's just another indication of the reasons this team is in such a state of mental & physical disaster.

House of Steel
11-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I just don't get it. If Whisenhunt knows how successful the NO Huddle is and Cowher knows, then why the hell don't they do it? Is Cowher overriding everything being called by Kevin? I am beginning to question this over and over again. I think Cowher is overriding both LeBeau and Whisenhunt. Grimm on the other hand, I don't know what is up with that either. This whole coaching staff has question marks over all their heads. It also comes down to the players to whether or not the communication is going right. It seems as though this team got so much mental mistakes it is pitiful to watch. I see lots of routes being ran wrong, miscommunication on both O and D Lines, Ben missing communication and screwing up plays, and then the Secondary isn't getting the coverage right and they constantly get burned. Spencer is the huge blame for the Special Teams Fiasco that is totally uncalled for. This whole coaching staff mediocre display of playcalling and correcting the mistakes is totally uncalled for. I am questioning the whole staff. I like to know what Dan Rooney is thinking as well as Art Jr. Colbert, I like to know what he is thinking now about all the draft picks he chosen with Cowher? I am so confused and mind blown trying to figure the puzzle of this season. I am getting a serious headache from all this.

steelcurtain09
11-27-2006, 11:29 AM
every thing everybody else said
put in Anthony Smith, James Harrison and Chris Kemoeatu
do not make Chukky Okobi or Rian Wallace a starter but do get them more playing time
No huddle offense

AZ_Steeler
11-27-2006, 11:34 AM
I would like to see Anthony Smith get more time, especially when Troy comes back because Smith is the future!
I DO NOT want to see them blow the season just to get a higher draft pick! That to me is ridiculous and it ends up costing more from the FO pocketbook in the long run unless of course they trade that higher pick for later round picks.
Losing to the Browns would suck!!! Actually losing to any team that has a worse record than the Steelers would really suck!!! :lol:
This off season... I would like to see Cowher make up his mind! This limbo year-to-year crap is for the birds and it's not going to work!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Getting Anthony Smith some more playing time especially in the dime situations is only going to help him get better, he's got a huge upside !

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Smith and troy in the secondary together. I just love the sounds of that. :tt02: