PDA

View Full Version : since when?

Tr305
01-10-2010, 02:04 AM
not that big of a deal or anything but i read that we signed joey galloway and i checked wikipedia and it confirms it but how come im just now hearing this?

Galloway was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on December 22, 2009 after wide receiver Limas Sweed was placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list.

scott0326
01-10-2010, 02:11 AM
I don't know... I heard it the day it happened... I saw the update on here and ESPN..

steelerfan11
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
not that big of a deal or anything but i read that we signed joey galloway and i checked wikipedia and it confirms it but how come im just now hearing this?

Galloway was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on December 22, 2009 after wide receiver Limas Sweed was placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list.

wikipedia is a terrible source! Anyone can post anything there...

DanRooney
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
wikipedia is a terrible source! Anyone can post anything there...

Wikipedia is actually a great source and it should be your first go when you're researching almost anything. Yes anyone can post anything on there but anything not true usually gets taken down within days (sometimes seconds depending on the popularity of the search). And if you notice at the bottom there is links to sources where they get their info. People who say wiki is a terrible source basically jump on the bandwagon of a popular saying and assume its true itself (ex: IT'S HARD TO BEAT A TEAM 3 TIMES IN A ROW).

jcloss23
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
lol, its true but he didnt do too much lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah he was signed to the team; Limas was put on the non football injury list and they felt they needed some additional depth since Hines' hamstrings were bad and Wallace was having some ankle issues.

LatrobePA
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
He tore it up in Miami! (from the sidelines)