PDA

View Full Version : Further evidence

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Watching the miserable Jets expose the Bengals for the miserable team that they are further sickens me, knowing that we lost 2 games to that pathetic team.

Big T
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Watching the miserable Jets expose the Bengals for the miserable team that they are further sickens me, knowing that we lost 2 games to that pathetic team.

the jets have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL...the steelers don't

steelersbabex25
01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
And the best defense in the NFL. And the best overall run game.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
the jets have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL...the steelers don't

The Jets have a quarterback who is a rookie and has a QB rating in the 60's despite them having one of the best offensive lines in football. The Steelers have a QB with a QB rating of over 100 this season. Don't compare the two offenses please, that's simply a joke and only something a Jets fan would do.

We were out coached in every single one of our losses except for the Bears game, bottomline.

--- Added 1/9/2010 at 06:02 PM ---

And the best defense in the NFL. And the best overall run game.

Oh another one? So the Jets have a better team than the Steelers? Is that what you're trying to say?

steelersbabex25
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Dude, they have Darrelle Revis as a cornerback, there's no comparison. Lets look at it this way. Jets OL > Steelers OL. Jets secondary > Steelers secondary. Jets DL > Steelers DL (because of injuries.) Not to mention Thomas Jones is kind of a beast as of late. Not to sound unfaithful to my team, but looking at individual aspects of both teams, yeah, the Jets have kind of been a better team this season. The Bengals are not a "miserable" team. Both games against them are games we should have lost. The Steelers were just an uninspired team this year, get over it.

Big T
01-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Dude you are a tool...if you even watched both games you would realize that the offense couldn't do **** because of the pressure the bengals were putting on...

And it didn't help that the kick coverage team couldnt cover, no one could tackle, Limas drops a TD, Ben and Santonio miscommunicate resulting in a pick six....They may have been out-coached but they didn't execute at all...

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Dude, they have Darrelle Revis as a cornerback, there's no comparison. Lets look at it this way. Jets OL > Steelers OL. Jets secondary > Steelers secondary. Jets DL > Steelers DL (because of injuries.) Not to mention Thomas Jones is kind of a beast as of late. Not to sound unfaithful to my team, but looking at individual aspects of both teams, yeah, the Jets have kind of been a better team this season. The Bengals are not a "miserable" team. Both games against them are games we should have lost. The Steelers were just an uninspired team this year, get over it.

You seriously need to stop. You say more and more idiotic things as you continue to try and make a case for why Tomlin is not as bad of a head coach as Marvin Lewis is. This is by far your most ridiculous; the Jets are a better team than the Steelers, sure they are. Omar Epps is not the problem, it's the rest of the team that won a Superbowl last year and 3 years ago.

Dude you are a tool...if you even watched both games you would realize that the offense couldn't do **** because of the pressure the bengals were putting on...

And it didn't help that the kick coverage team couldnt cover, no one could tackle, Limas drops a TD, Ben and Santonio miscommunicate resulting in a pick six....They may have been out-coached but they didn't execute at all...

If I'm a tool for saying we should've beat the Bengals if the Jets are capable of basically manhandling them then you're an absolute imbecile for actually claiming that the the reason why we lost and they are winning is simply the offensive line, which is exactly what you said in your first post before offering 15 additional reasons in your second post.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
You seriously need to stop. You say more and more idiotic things as you continue to try and make a case for why Tomlin is not as bad of a head coach as Marvin Lewis is. This is by far your most ridiculous; the Jets are a better team than the Steelers, sure they are. Omar Epps is not the problem, it's the rest of the team that won a Superbowl last year and 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Did I even mention Mike Tomlin? Um let me look..no I didn't. Did I even mention Marvin Lewis..um no I didn't. If the Steelers were a better team, they would be in the playoffs right now. You can jump off your high horse now, everyone here seems to be able to admit that the Steelers have problems (besides Mike Tomlin) except for you. You don't make any sense. You can stop talking anytime.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Did I even mention Mike Tomlin? Um let me look..no I didn't. Did I even mention Marvin Lewis..um no I didn't. If the Steelers were a better team, they would be in the playoffs right now. You can jump off your high horse now, everyone here seems to be able to admit that the Steelers have problems (besides Mike Tomlin) except for you. You don't make any sense. You can stop talking anytime.

Just based on record alone, if the Colts didn't throw their game in week 16 against the Jets, then the Steelers would have a better record. You saying the Jets have a better team than the Steelers is a comment that only a person with no real sensibility would make.

I know the Steelers have problems besides Mike Tomlin, one was the ST coach he hired and the other was the OC that he hired and has decided to retain.

Big T
01-09-2010, 11:25 PM
You sir are a gem...

Steel Trap86
01-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Who Dey couldn't complete a pass to a ****ing black hole? Bungal fans can go back to wearing bags over there heads next season. And hey I guess that kicker is going to be cooking carrots in the retirement home kitchen next season hahaha what a bum

LatrobePA
01-10-2010, 12:38 AM
One word: Revis

Other word: Gay

Hmmm wonder why they dominated!

Moondog
01-10-2010, 12:53 AM
The Steelers could have won the 1st game against the Bengals, probably should have, but they couldn't close the deal. The 2nd game, on the other hand, the Steelers got beat down pretty good, Zimmer dialed up a great defense against Pittsburgh, gotta give them credit for that one. No matter what way we slice it, this season was a huge missed opportunity for the Steelers. They never took care of business.

DanRooney
01-10-2010, 01:02 AM

If I'm a tool for saying we should've beat the Bengals if the Jets are capable of basically manhandling them then you're an absolute imbecile for actually claiming that the the reason why we lost and they are winning is simply the offensive line, which is exactly what you said in your first post before offering 15 additional reasons in your second post.

How dare you bash someone on this site. Especially a girl :nono: The only thing worse would be bashing a Ravens fan who only comes here with smug comments after something good happens to his team (note sarcasm)

scott0326
01-10-2010, 02:13 AM
One word: Revis

Other word: Gay

Hmmm wonder why they dominated!

Revis is unbelievable... Id literally kill to have him on the Steelers.

coldrolled
01-10-2010, 08:43 AM

Revis, He played good.

The OC Shottenheimer brought his A game plan, and called a great game. He had more
counter, play action, draw, screens, then we had all year in one game.

We need an OC....... :grin1:

Well maybe the Steelers offense just doesnt have the talent that the Jets do? :banging:

TEEMONT
01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
How dare you bash someone on this site. Especially a girl :nono: The only thing worse would be bashing a Ravens fan who only comes here with smug comments after something good happens to his team (note sarcasm)

wow, your internet badassery is through the roof this morning.

steelersbabex25
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM

That's what I was thinking too. Cornerback is probably one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL IMO, and Revis is just great. Him at corner and Polamalu at safety..oh the possibilities.

jcloss23
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
running game + defense = championships, the steelers have lived by that for a long damn time, and we need to get back to it!

NorCalSteel
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
hmmm I guess a few of you guys missed the wide open TD sweed droped in the first game that would have won the game for us? That was are offense. I would put money on the Steelers over the Jets. Greenbay had the #1 D when we played them....what happened there?

steelersbabex25
01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Hmm I guess you missed the games we lost against KC, Oakland, Browns, Bears..need I go on? Seriously there's a thing called living in the past. The Steelers are not the superbowl caliber team they were a year ago, regardless of what you may think. I wouldn't put money on them beating any team in the NFL after they lost to 3 of the worst. They need lots and lots and lots of work in the offseason to get back to where they were last year.

DanRooney
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
hmmm I guess a few of you guys missed the wide open TD sweed droped in the first game that would have won the game for us? That was are offense. I would put money on the Steelers over the Jets. Greenbay had the #1 D when we played them....what happened there?

The same thing that happened today :lol:

I was personally never sold on their D the whole season. This years "#1 D" is lightyears behind ours last season, which, up until the playoffs was one of the best of all time. It's really a measure of how this season is playing out. There's really no dominant defenses in the playoffs. This is definitely an offensive season.

Iron City South
01-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm going to give credit where credit is due. The Bengals are ain improved team ... let's get that out of the way. They improved almost everywhere, especially on defense. Without Maulauga they're not as good. Their offensive line is big and strong which was the source of Ced Benson's success this year. What you witnessed yeterday was a team lacking a big deep verticle threat (WR) who can stretch the field like Chris Henry used to do. If the Bengals still had Henry and Housh, they would have competed. The Bungs kicker should be fired on the spot.

Cornhole Carson Palmer is no post-season QB ... he was flipp'in terrible even with a good running game which is inexcusable.