PDA

View Full Version : K Piotr Czech signed to offseason roster...

LatrobePA
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Is the writing on the wall???

Ibleedblk&gld
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
this was kind of expected

The Steelers announced today that TE Eugene Bright, WR Jason Chery, S Tuff Harris, DT Steve McClendon, RB Isaac Redman, RB Justin Vincent and LB Johnny Williams have re-signed with the team after spending part or all of the 2009 season on the club’s practice squad.

i have a feeling FWP will be released, and we'll probably pick up a RB in the draft, but i think they might give redman a chance this year...i just want to see what this kid can do in a regular season game (let the flaming begin)

LatrobePA
01-07-2010, 07:24 PM
this was kind of expected

The Steelers announced today that TE Eugene Bright, WR Jason Chery, S Tuff Harris, DT Steve McClendon, RB Isaac Redman, RB Justin Vincent and LB Johnny Williams have re-signed with the team after spending part or all of the 2009 season on the club’s practice squad.

i have a feeling FWP will be released, and we'll probably pick up a RB in the draft, but i think they might give redman a chance this year...i just want to see what this kid can do in a regular season game (let the flaming begin)

We'll see, I think Willie is out oo, I just wonder on who his replacement will be...

Ibleedblk&gld
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
We'll see, I think Willie is out oo, I just wonder on who his replacement will be...

we def. have a good thing going w/ mendy and memo...but it would be nice to have that 3rd option, esp seeing how he did in preseason (i know it was only preseason) but he showed he could score outside of 5 yds...and that included dragging ppl w/ him...like a mini bettis

Big T
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
but i think they might give redman a chance this year...i just want to see what this kid can do in a regular season game (let the flaming begin)

please let's not start this again....

Mendenhall is the everydown down back...he's proved to be able to run te ball inside, outside, catch the ball, block, and be the short-yardage back....if we have another running back come in to the game it needs to be a change-of-pace back...a faster back like Willie is(or was) or like a CJ spiller(who would be the absolute perfect complement to Rashard)....it won't be a slower, less talented version of Mendenhall...

--- Added 1/7/2010 at 05:32 PM ---

like a mini bettis

Never again....

scott0326
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Issac Redman got resigned, thank God.

SteelCityKid5
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Is Czech any good though?

Ibleedblk&gld
01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
please let's not start this again....

Mendenhall is the everydown down back...he's proved to be able to run te ball inside, outside, catch the ball, block, and be the short-yardage back....if we have another running back come in to the game it needs to be a change-of-pace back...a faster back like Willie is(or was) or like a CJ spiller(who would be the absolute perfect complement to Rashard)....it won't be a slower, less talented version of Mendenhall...

--- Added 1/7/2010 at 05:32 PM ---

Never again....

i get what you're saying, and i agree...however, everyone is writing this guy off after he's shown some spark when he was in...yet, ppl on here are riding colon's dick when he average's 1-2 false start's a game...and he's had a handful of back to back false starts

--- Added 1/7/2010 at 05:56 PM ---

if i'm not mistaken, he did pretty well when he was kicking in the preseason...however, i don't know his range

75Steeler
01-07-2010, 08:19 PM

He and Reed had a friendly field goal competition on the day I was at camp and he was able to hang with Jeff. I know it was in camp with no real pressure but he looked good then from way better than mid field.

Zachintosh66
01-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Hopefully they let him practice in heinz while its still cold out :yellowthumb:

75Steeler
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Hopefully they let him practice in heinz while its still cold out :yellowthumb:

Kicking that ball at Heinz while it is this cold must be like kicking an entire frozen chicken barefooted.

Big T
01-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Czech has something Jeff Reed doesn't...A strong leg....I was watching him at training camp in august and he was poppin 55-56 yarders really well...we'll see but I think he could be a real good kickoff man...

LatrobePA
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM
<QUOTE>we'll see but I think he could be a real good kickoff man...

This is what we are lacking!

V_83
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM
About time this happened.

NCSteeler
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Just hope he doesn't out kick our coverage units. I'm not a big Reed supporter, but there is more to KOs than just booming it, unless of course they regularly go thru the EZ...tooo much to ask.

DanRooney
01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I think you guys are forgetting Piotr shanked two mid-range field goals in the preseason. 3 for 5 is not cutting it.

V_83
01-08-2010, 01:18 AM
I think you guys are forgetting Piotr shanked two mid-range field goals in the preseason. 3 for 5 is not cutting it.

I do forget that. What games were they in?

Zachintosh66
01-08-2010, 01:31 AM

yeah yeah... but how many paper towel dispencers has he taken on?

cmerrifield
01-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I wouldnt get too excited, the Steelers always have two kickers on their offseason roster. So, if they dont resign Reed, the will sign another. THe beauty of Czech is that he can punt too, just in case

DIESELMAN
01-08-2010, 09:18 AM

I do forget that. What games were they in?

Those 2 kicks were from 36 and 40 yards out. I wouldn't get my hopes up, he doesn't have any better leg strength then Reed.

UKSTEELER
01-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Could be another 3rd round pick booter coming up?

Who's coming out that's hot?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't think it's writing on the wall necessarily, but just an offseason move to see what he's got and get someone else experience kicking in Heinz. Usually this type of move is made closer to training camp, or atleast after the draft once the OTA's start. I don't think it's a done deal that Reed will be gone, he got his head on straight the last half of the year and was as solid as ever for us. The team always brings in an extra kicker or 2 each offseason.

LatrobePA
01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't think it's writing on the wall necessarily, but just an offseason move to see what he's got and get someone else experience kicking in Heinz. Usually this type of move is made closer to training camp, or atleast after the draft once the OTA's start. I don't think it's a done deal that Reed will be gone, he got his head on straight the last half of the year and was as solid as ever for us. The team always brings in an extra kicker or 2 each offseason.

Gotcha! :yellowthumb:

Ibleedblk&gld
01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
i want to go tryout for PK

steelersbabex25
01-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think we appreciate Jeff Reed enough. Looking beyond the short kickoffs, I believe he has the highest field goal percentage of anyone to kick at Heinz Field. We're talking Heinz Field. Cold, wet, snowy, messy (see Dolphins game, MNF 2007) Heinz Field. If a new kicker comes in, it's going to take them a lot of time and practice to be able to kick field goals like Jeff Reed does. I don't know, I just wouldn't want to take that chance.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think we appreciate Jeff Reed enough. Looking beyond the short kickoffs, I believe he has the highest field goal percentage of anyone to kick at Heinz Field. We're talking Heinz Field. Cold, wet, snowy, messy (see Dolphins game, MNF 2007) Heinz Field. If a new kicker comes in, it's going to take them a lot of time and practice to be able to kick field goals like Jeff Reed does. I don't know, I just wouldn't want to take that chance.

Totally agree...Heinz Field is a kicker's nightmare. Reed is an exceptional kicker.