PDA

View Full Version : New 3 Round Mock

darnik44
01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.nfldraftspot.com/mock-drafts.html

JensK
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
If Nate Allen fell that far, Steelers should try to trade up for him. Shouldnt be too expensive to trade up that late.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Don't like the Cody pick, with so many needs on defense, we can get a DT later, I think we slap a tag on Hampton, next year being uncapped (90% chance). If Spikes is there, like in that mock, we need to draft him, Farrior has lost a few steps. :2cents:

JensK
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't like the Cody pick, with so many needs on defense, we can get a DT later, I think we slap a tag on Hampton, next year being uncapped (90% chance). If Spikes is there, like in that mock, we need to draft him, Farrior has lost a few steps. :2cents:

Got mixed feelings about this one. We all know that a DT will take a year or two before he'll be an every down starter in this defene.. Thats just how it is, and we can't affort to have Hampton franchised two years in a row (unless its uncapped both years). I would not hate neither Spikes or Cody i guess.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Got mixed feelings about this one. We all know that a DT will take a year or two before he'll be an every down starter in this defene.. Thats just how it is, and we can't affort to have Hampton franchised two years in a row (unless its uncapped both years). I would not hate neither Spikes or Cody i guess.
I hear ya bro......but whats the difference between franchising Starks back to back and Hampton. Plus if the league is uncapped, the wallets will open, with new owners and there different ways of thinking, who knows what our FA strategy will be next year. They are already influencing the Rooneys.

darnik44
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I hear ya bro......but whats the difference between franchising Starks back to back and Hampton. Plus if the league is uncapped, the wallets will open, with new owners and there different ways of thinking, who knows what our FA strategy will be next year. They are already influencing the Rooneys.

The Steelers hands were tied with Max Starks. Franchising him the 2nd time out of desperation lead to them re-signing him for a lot more than he's worth. Atleast in his case he's not 33 like Hampton with only one player backing him up, 32 year old Chris Hoke (who is undersized to begin with).

There are only a few true Nose Tackle prospects in this entire draft class. That's always the case, and most of the other 3-4 teams also need NT's.

V_83
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I like it. Sure it could be slightly better with Nate Allen, or I like Daryl Washington, but if that is what really happens come April, I'll be thrilled.

Big T
01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I had an idea a few days ago...I think if they resign or franchise Casey hampton then draft Terrence Cody, they should do a little experimentation with a 2-5...How sick would it be to have Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody on the line and James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, James farrior, Keyaron Fox (or a draft pick, maybe if Brandon Spikes falls to them in the second) and LaMarr Woodley...i think it could be sick

just a thought....haha

V_83
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I had an idea a few days ago...I think if they resign or franchise Casey hampton then draft Terrence Cody, they should do a little experimentation with a 2-5...How sick would it be to have Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody on the line and James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, James farrior, Keyaron Fox (or a draft pick, maybe if Brandon Spikes falls to them in the second) and LaMarr Woodley...i think it could be sick

just a thought....haha

:lol:

I'm not sure how that would go over, but I would love to see that just once.

K Train
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
cody and warren would make me jizz....2 of my top 7 players for the steelers.

not sure anthony davis goes that high, i like him alot but i think most others would consider that a reach.

andyg1984
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
if perrish cox falls to the 50's i will be surprised despite his intangibles .. would not mind seeing him around

steelcityrockers
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
cody and warren would make me jizz....2 of my top 7 players for the steelers.

not sure anthony davis goes that high, i like him alot but i think most others would consider that a reach.

Davis will have monster workouts because of his athleticism. Really I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him as the 1st tackle taken.

Silverback
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Can anyone explain to me the fall of the the pre-season #1 tackle Ciron Black to the third round? Is he worth a look?

JensK
01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Can anyone explain to me the fall of the the pre-season #1 tackle Ciron Black to the third round? Is he worth a look?

He just had a bad year, thats all. He should probably have declared last year ^^

darnik44
01-10-2010, 03:17 PM

All hype with terrible feet, and he had some injuries.

K Train
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
3rd round im loving thaddeus gibson or selvie for the steelers

K Train
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
not sure i agree with jason fox being a first round pick

i agree that kindle will have am everette brown-like fall into the second

wootton in the 3rd would be a little surprising

i dont know much about the pounceys, is one considerably better than the other?

darnik44
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
not sure i agree with jason fox being a first round pick

i agree that kindle will have am everette brown-like fall into the second

wootton in the 3rd would be a little surprising

i dont know much about the pounceys, is one considerably better than the other?

Maurkice Pouncey is a little better than his brother, but also brings center experience to the table which makes him a tad more versatile because he could play 3 positions. Chances are his brother could too, he just didn't get to show it. When I had them both ranked as guards, I had them ranked together.