PDA

View Full Version : Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis.....Do we need more CB's?

tburg68
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Does the front office and coaching staff consider these two to be future starters, or do they see them as backups? Steelers are notorius for bringing D players along slow. Woodley didn't blossom til year three. Hood didn't see much of the field til last several games. Timmons didn't start til year three. If we draft a CB early, it would have to be someone that is considered a "can't miss, shutdown corner", IMHO.

Big T
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
They were only rookies this year....time will tell but yes we need more CBs...and LaMarr Woodley was a contributor in his rookie year...he had 6 sacks(including playoffs)...and in his second year(last season) he had 11.5 in the regular season and 17.5 including playoffs...I understand what you are saying but LaMarr was a bad example

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 01:55 PM
LaMarr Woodley was a contributor in his rookie year...he had 6 sacks(including playoffs)...and in his second year(last season) he had 11.5 in the regular season and 17.5 including playoffs...I understand what you are saying but LaMarr was a bad example

Wow you blew that example! Woodley was a stud from the get go...Timmons was a slow starter but he was injured...

tburg68
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Wow you blew that example! Woodley was a stud from the get go...Timmons was a slow starter but he was injured...

Lamarr contributed as a rookie(more than most, I'll admit). You need to admit that noone was saying he was a stud as a rookie.

igor0190
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I know everyone on here has pretty much thrown William Gay under the bus, but the coaches must see something in him??? Maybe he can continue to learn and get better?

The real question imo is whether or not Mundy is a viable replacement at safety. If not, we need help there NOW! We need a playmaker somewhere in the secondary for sure...

DanRooney
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Burnett is nothing more than a nickel corner, which is where Gay should be playing. So one of them (Gay most likely) will be cut in the offseason. I'm interested to see what Lewis can do since he has the size to play opposite of Ike.

Mundy sucks and Tyrone is about done.We are in desperate need of a safety.

Zachintosh66
01-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Still would like to see De'Shea moved to FS

Carter is a Joke
Gay is worse
Burrnett we dont really know about
Mundy looks like an undrafted FA
Lewis was hurt all year

I dobut they cut Gay... seems like FO or coaches has a boner for certain guys.

Still would like to see them Draft or FA at least one CB and S.

SteelCityKid5
01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Im sure there will be moves made in the secondary. I dont think the FO is that dumb.