PDA

View Full Version : Dick is coming back in 2010

coldrolled
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Breaking News: Dick LeBeau Returning To the Pittsburgh Steelers by Nick Signorelli
Nick SignorelliSenior Writer
245 articles written
3391 comments written
143 fans
View Profile

Senior Writer Written on January 05, 2010
Gregory Shamus/Getty Images Results - Author Poll
Are you glad that Dick LeBeau will be returning to the Steelers in 2010?

Yes
100.0%No
0.0%Total votes: 10Share with your friends As reported on ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, Dick LeBeau will be returning to the Steelers in 2010.

There was much speculation over the last few weeks concerning LeBeau. Some reports stated that he would be leaving to join Bill Cowher, if Cowher were to take a Head Coaching job somewhere. Some thought he would retire if he were elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which is set to happen in about a month.

But, LeBeau is not yet done with the Steelers.

Known as the inventor of the "Zone-Blitz", LeBeau has been one of the best defensive minds in the NFL. His defenses normally rank in the top five, even ranking fifth overall this season, even though they did not make the playoffs.

With out Super Star Troy Polamalu, the Steelers secondary suffered, but yet the defense still landed near the top of the NFL.

After winning Super Bowl XLIII, LeBeau said that coaching kept him feeling "young", and that he considers his defensive players his kids.

LeBeau will be back another year with his kids, and with his favorite son, Polamalu, the Steelers defense should be number one again next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Well of course he is coming back. The dude is Pittsburgh all the way. With all the injuries and problems he still did the best with what he had.

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Good news....

75Steeler
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Great news! LeBeau isn't the problem here.

harpo
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I just heard that Ken Anderson (QBs coach) has retired.

Steelers QBs coach retires (/http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10005/1025919-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

steelersbabex25
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I didn't know that this was breaking news..I haven't heard anything about him not returning..glad he is either way though. As far as him leaving to join Cowher, I could never see LeBeau doing that. Like TG said, he is Pittsburgh all the way. He wouldn't leave now just because Cowher was coaching somewhere else..

SteelerNC
01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Love LeBeau

Steel Trap86
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Good stuff

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of defense we can produce next year. With a healthy Smith, Polamalu, and some fresh blood on the field I'm sure Dick will put out an amazing group in 2010.

There should have been no doubt that he would be coming back, he's comfortable here, the players know his scheme, and he's well established as THE man on the defensive side of the ball. There's no reason to think he'd jump ship for a Cowher coached team and start all over from the ground up.

jpele
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23391&highlight=dick+lebeau