PDA

View Full Version : Steelers need to make a hard charge for Billick

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Looks like the only HC jobs that would be available to him are jobs he has no desire to take. He interviewed with Buffalo, but it doesn't sound like he's interested in that situation. You guys could sign him and probably keep him for 3 years. He'd have a chance to work with a dynamic offense, pad his resume, and show the league he's still an offensive genius (like he was in Minnesota). It makes sense for him since there aren't very many places he could go that will have the talent that Pitt has. The only downside is he'd only be using the Steelers as a spring board for a HC job, but 3 years is an eternity in this league. Any thoughts on this matter?

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd be all for it! But seems the decision is up to Tomlin and he doesn't seem like he wants to make a change....

Zachintosh66
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I'd be all for it! But seems the decision is up to Tomlin and he doesn't seem like he wants to make a change....

I could really seem Tomlin and Billick getting along famously. Two brutally honest guys with a lot of confidence. But perhaps the strong play of the Steelers to close the season has saved BA's job.

--- Added 1/5/2010 at 08:20 AM ---

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...

But really, who would be a better choice?

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Here is Tomlin needs to be a coach not a friend! Cut some coaches loose, play the waiting game to see who pops up out there.

DanRooney
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
What a surprise, the bitch is back after hearing we don't make the playoffs. Where was he when we beat Baltimore? He seemed to post a few times after we lost with Dixon.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 11:23 AM
What a surprise, the bitch is back after hearing we don't make the playoffs. Where was he when we beat Baltimore? He seemed to post a few times after we lost with Dixon.

Listen D-bag...I've taken about enough of your chit. I come here respectfully and I post constructive on-topic things about the Steelers. I was in Syracuse for the last two weeks yesterday was my first day back in the office. I purposely did not post yesterday knowing what the perception would be. Now contribute or **** off.

igor0190
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Flacco is clearly a closet Steelers fan... It's become quite obvious. Lovest the Black and Gold!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Flacco is clearly a closet Steelers fan... It's become quite obvious. Lovest the Black and Gold!

LOL! I do enjoy the football conversation in here.

tburg68
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks like the only HC jobs that would be available to him are jobs he has no desire to take. He interviewed with Buffalo, but it doesn't sound like he's interested in that situation. You guys could sign him and probably keep him for 3 years. He'd have a chance to work with a dynamic offense, pad his resume, and show the league he's still an offensive genius (like he was in Minnesota). It makes sense for him since there aren't very many places he could go that will have the talent that Pitt has. The only downside is he'd only be using the Steelers as a spring board for a HC job, but 3 years is an eternity in this league. Any thoughts on this matter?

Billick is a blowhard, and way too enamored with the sound of his own voice and resume, to take a lowly OC job.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Billick is a blowhard, and way too enamored with the sound of his own voice and resume, to take a lowly OC job.

What's a better career move for him...taking a HC job in Buffalo where he will likely lose...or taking an OC job in Pitt where they will likely make him look good? There really aren't any attractive coaching jobs available to him right now...I can definitely see him taking an OC role. The only thing I could see is him liking his analyst job too much.

igor0190
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Still a Ratbird in my eyes... I would not like to see him in Pittsburgh at all.

TampaSteelGirl
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Jesus leave the guy alone!! He's posted more knowledgeable posts and factual information than I've ever seen you post!!!!!! Just shut up and enjoy the site! Why does he have to live on this site 24/7 to appease you???

--- Added 1/5/2010 at 11:58 AM ---

I don't think it would be a bad idea having Billick aboard, just not sure who would be the excellent choice yet....Hell I could call plays better than Arians at this point!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Still a Ratbird in my eyes... I would not like to see him in Pittsburgh at all.

Somehow I doubt he has much allegiance to the team after they canned him. Typically guys like to stick it to former teams that let them go, but perhaps it would be too soon for many Steeler fans.

tburg68
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
What's a better career move for him...taking a HC job in Buffalo where he will likely lose...or taking an OC job in Pitt where they will likely make him look good? There really aren't any attractive coaching jobs available to him right now...I can definitely see him taking an OC role. The only thing I could see is him liking his analyst job too much.

Why would he have to take any job right now?? He is not going back into coaching as a coordinator. He thinks too highly of his mother's son to do that.

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Ken Anderson was a Bungle!

Brian is smart football guy!

tburg68
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Ken Anderson was a Bungle!

Brian is smart football guy!

He turned Kyle Boller into a Hall of Famer...........oh wait! Baltimore's offense sucked under Billick! Don't understand after all of his years with that offense, how he is still considered an Offensive Genius????

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Kyle Boller - Overrated, he killed his own career!

Didn't the Rats win a SB under Brian???

Blazedby92
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I would take billick but I think he is a little overrated, he is still living off the great OC of when he had arguably the most dynamic offense of the decade in Minnesota and having a great Defense in Balt.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Billick is an offensive guru. He just never had a decent qb or good weapons to work with.

LatrobePA
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Billick is an offensive guru. He just never had a decent qb or good weapons to work with.

Thank you Gun!

tburg68
01-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Didn't the Rats win a SB under Brian???

Ravins won Superbowl in spite of their offense, didn't they? Wasn't Billick the HC long enough to put his guru status on display and get good players, or develop them?

I think he was considered a guru because he was lucky enough to coordinate an offense with Cris Carter and Randy Moss to throw too. Just my opinion, but......think I have as much evidence as you.

Blazedby92
01-05-2010, 01:33 PM

WHAT???
He may not had a QB but who needed one with Carter, Moss, Reed and Robert smith. They made three sorry QB's look like HOFers(George,cunningham and Culpepper)

C'MON MAN!!!!!

--- Added 1/5/2010 at 12:33 PM ---

In their defense he did make Dilfer a good QB or should I say a manager of the game:hilarious:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Ravins won Superbowl in spite of their offense, didn't they? Wasn't Billick the HC long enough to put his guru status on display and get good players, or develop them?

I think he was considered a guru because he was lucky enough to coordinate an offense with Cris Carter and Randy Moss to throw too. Just my opinion, but......think I have as much evidence as you.

Billick's offensive schemes were hampered by Ozzie Newsome's inability to provide his HC with decent WR's and a capable QB. He went heavy on the D and thought the run game and clock management would be good enough. Billick fired Fassel in 2006 after a 4-2 start and took over full play calling duties. Using the same playbook that Fassel had developed with minor tweaks he vastly improved the Ravens scoring and finished out 9-1. He may not be the genius he looked like in Minnesota, but the guy is better than people give him credit for in Baltimore.

K Train
01-05-2010, 01:56 PM
**** billick, give me weiss

steelersbabex25
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I would like to see Billick on the Steelers coaching staff..the only reason people are saying they don't want him there is because he's an ex-ratbird. I could see him doing big things with our offense and all the weapons we now have..and plus, anybody is better than Bruce Arians. Beggers can't be choosers.

Goodfrom55
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
BRING BACK RON EARHARDT!

SteelCityKid5
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I'd take Billick any day of the week. I've watched and read articles on him and have heard other coaches on certain shows call him an offensive genius. He was the OC with the 1998 Vikings. In Baltimore, he never really had a QB. If he came here he would have weapons a plenty. Could care less if he coached for the Ravens. Hes available, hes smart and knows offense. Why the hell not? With all that said, it was wishful thinking and he wont be the OC of the Steelers.

SteelerRush
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I watch Billick on TV and I think he breaks down the offense very well. But I also think Ron Jaworski does a good job breaking down offenses but I wouldn't hire him as an OC. My point here is all the years he was coaching the Ratbirds there offense was not good. We never feared their offense like we feared the turnover ability of the Defenses. I don't think Billick was very good with developing quaterbacks either and that is were we need to keep moving forward with BB. We need a OC who can work with BB and help him to continue to develop. :imho:

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I like the idea, but highly doubt he would take it.

LarryNJ
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I heard an interview this morning with Brian and he said he hasn't been contacted yet by the Bills but he would be interested. So I'm not sure where he interviewed and isn't interested came from.

I think there's about as much of a chance of him being the Steelers OC as there is Cowher becoming the ST coach for the Steelers.

I hope Brian doesn't go back to coaching, I didn't like him at all when he was coaching the Ravens but I really like him as an analyst.

steelerschick1220
01-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Anderson was a Bungle, Arians worked for the Browns. We night as well get a former Ratbird to complete the sweep. If I were in his shoes, I would love to stick it to my former team by going to there biggest rival. I could see it happening.

jpele
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I've stated thin is a few other threads, I'd love to have Billick as OC.

Zachintosh66
01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Sounds like your boy Billick is the Bills new HC...

gee darn :whatever:

K Train
01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
just so everyone knows billick didnt exactly light up the sky with offense in baltimore....he did however have some serious talent in minnesota

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I heard an interview this morning with Brian and he said he hasn't been contacted yet by the Bills but he would be interested. So I'm not sure where he interviewed and isn't interested came from.

I think there's about as much of a chance of him being the Steelers OC as there is Cowher becoming the ST coach for the Steelers.

I hope Brian doesn't go back to coaching, I didn't like him at all when he was coaching the Ravens but I really like him as an analyst.

Billick is an investor in a radio station in Baltimore...one of the sports talk guys said that from what he and Billick discussed, Buffalo was far from an ideal situation for him. To me, whoever takes that job will fail. Billick is too smart to take a HC job that will make him look bad.

Blazedby92
01-06-2010, 09:47 AM
just so everyone knows billick didnt exactly light up the sky with offense in baltimore....he did however have some serious talent in minnesota

I'm glad I'm not the only one that seen that:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
If you give billick some real talent around him on offense he would do very well, he's not exactly dumb. The man knows offenses even though we all hate him. LOL

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-06-2010, 10:01 AM
If you give billick some real talent around him on offense he would do very well, he's not exactly dumb. The man knows offenses even though we all hate him. LOL

And conversely...if he didn't have Ray Lewis and company during his stay with Baltimore his defense wouldn't have been as good.

I find it odd that so many educated fans completely overlook personnel and assume that an "offensive guru" should be able to produce with whatever talent is on the field...then in the next breath completely dismiss that person's accomplishments because they had the personnel one year. I'd really like to see a list of "offensive gurus" that put together high-powered offenses without a decent QB or capable WR's.

DanRooney
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Jesus leave the guy alone!! He's posted more knowledgeable posts and factual information than I've ever seen you post!!!!!! Just shut up and enjoy the site! Why does he have to live on this site 24/7 to appease you???

--- Added 1/5/2010 at 11:58 AM ---

I don't think it would be a bad idea having Billick aboard, just not sure who would be the excellent choice yet....Hell I could call plays better than Arians at this point!!\\

Yeah he's so knowlegable he's talking about Bitch Billick to Pittsburgh as OC. The guy coached the same Ravens team that had one of the crappiest offenses in existence. I'd rather stick with Arians than have that pompous *** on my team. Go get your pom poms, make me a sandwich and pray Charlie Weiss doesn't go to KC.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-06-2010, 10:15 AM
\\

Yeah he's so knowlegable he's talking about Bitch Billick to Pittsburgh as OC. The guy coached the same Ravens team that had one of the crappiest offenses in existence. I'd rather stick with Arians than have that pompous *** on my team. Go get your pom poms, make me a sandwich and pray Charlie Weiss doesn't go to KC.

Dude, just give it up. The only one here trolling is you. If this is what you're here for, I'd suggest you take your act to the ESPN forums...and LOL at your logic regarding Charlie Weis. Basically you're saying the failed HC at ND who had some of the best QB's in college football while he was there is preferrable to the winning HC from Baltimore who had some of the worst QB's in the NFL.

TEEMONT
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
\\

Clown shoes dude....****ing clown shoes

DanRooney
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Dude, just give it up. The only one here trolling is you. If this is what you're here for, I'd suggest you take your act to the ESPN forums...and LOL at your logic regarding Charlie Weis. Basically you're saying the failed HC at ND who had some of the best QB's in college football while he was there is preferrable to the winning HC from Baltimore who had some of the worst QB's in the NFL.

Hey which Ravens board do you go to? I have some topics I'd like to throw around over there...but only after you guys lose in the playoffs of course :yellowthumb:

You're talking about failed HC's and you have yet to realize your own OC is a failed ****ing HC. Not just a complete fail, but an abomination. 1-15, only losing to...oh that's right. YOU GUYS :lol:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey which Ravens board do you go to? I have some topics I'd like to throw around over there...but only after you guys lose in the playoffs of course :yellowthumb:

You're talking about failed HC's and you have yet to realize your own OC is a failed ****ing HC. Not just a complete fail, but an abomination. 1-15, only losing to...oh that's right. YOU GUYS :lol:

There are OC's that aren't HC material. Then you have Billick who had a winning record as a HC and lead one of the most prolific offenses of all-time as an OC. What exactly is your point. Doesn't seem like you have one. Don't let your brain overheat trying to make sense here.

K Train
01-06-2010, 10:35 AM
look at the players he had....come on man, his winning record was not because of a prolific offense it was a marvin lewis and rex ryan coached defense

TEEMONT
01-06-2010, 10:40 AM
look at the players he had....come on man, his winning record was not because of a prolific offense it was a marvin lewis and rex ryan coached defense

I dont think anyone is arguing that at all. We aren't talking abotu him as an HC, just an OC. Give the man weapons (he would have more here than he had in Minne) and his offense is tough.

I mean lets be serious, they talent he had in Baltimore was more "talent" than anything else.

I'd rather have Weiss, but at this point it looks more like B.A. will be back anyways.

K Train
01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
There are indications former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick is in the process of putting together a coaching staff to join him in Buffalo, even though Billick said on the NFL Network Monday "I've not had contact with the Bills as of yet". Ch2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore has learned from an NFL source that Billick contacted Jacksonville Jaguars assistant head coach/tight ends coach Mike Tice about the possibility of joining Billick if he is named head coach of the Bills. This begs the question "is Billick putting the cart before the horse" here? We'll find out shortly, as several media outlets report the Bills plan to contact Billick about their head coaching job very soon.

Source: WGRZ (Buffalo)
bills

DanRooney
01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
bills

Damn I was so hoping for Billick. Could you imagine him calling plays for Ben? **** we'd have the Patriots 2007 offense.

steelerschick1220
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Entertaining thread.....:)

LarryNJ
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Entertaining thread.....:)

Entertaining? Like it's a joke? :yesnod:

floodcitygirl
01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
\\

Go get your pom poms, make me a sandwich and pray Charlie Weiss doesn't go to KC.Can't say I'd stick up for Joe but why don't you try NOT being a misogynistic jerk or figure out where you can stick those pom poms and I don't doubt that the sandwich will fit too.

Callax
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I like the thought of a decent OC coordinator helping Big Ben become the great player we know he is destined to be!!

bloom1278
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
The ravens offense under billick was nt good. very predictable.

TampaSteelGirl
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
\\

This totally justifies my previous post........ :whatever:

DanRooney
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
This totally justifies my previous post........ :whatever:

So you're in favor Billick as OC? Let me guess, no. So what are you arguing about? :clap:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
So you're in favor Billick as OC? Let me guess, no. So what are you arguing about? :clap:

You've demonstrated your lack of class. You don't talk to a lady that way. I know you feel tough with this shield of internet anonimity, but give it a break.

TampaSteelGirl
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Everything has to be pretty black or white to you buddy....here is what I posted..

"I don't think it would be a bad idea having Billick aboard, just not sure who would be the excellent choice yet....Hell I could call plays better than Arians at this point!!"

Take your time reading it now....I said he wouldn't be a bad idea. Opinions are like *******s...everyone has one of their own.

Thanks Flacco!

TEEMONT
01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
You don't talk to a lady that way. I know you feel tough with this shield of internet anonimity, but give it a break.

that pretty much sums up no gravity.

floodcitygirl
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
You've demonstrated your lack of class. You don't talk to a lady that way. I know you feel tough with this shield of internet anonimity, but give it a break.And you've shown some class.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Chiefs just hired Weis as their OC.

JensK
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Chiefs just hired Weis as their OC.

Yeah i saw that.. Does not matter for Steelers anymore though. BA is here to stay for at least one more year. Not much we can do about it, but hope that he'll develop a little.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah i saw that.. Does not matter for Steelers anymore though. BA is here to stay for at least one more year. Not much we can do about it, but hope that he'll develop a little.

I'm surprised Weis took that job. Besides Bowe and a couple others, there isn't much to work with there.

DanRooney
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't get it Teemont. Your pussy still sore that Willie Parker is going down as the most overrated back in Steeler history? Or that I called for boy Willie Gay to be benched week 3 and it happened? Or are you mad about Taunto Farrior's inability to cover anyone on passing downs? Three guys you've supported wholeheartedly.

--- Added 1/8/2010 at 03:46 PM ---

JoeFlaccoSaysHi is complete class. He just happens to show up on days that aren't so good for the Steelers. You know, after a 2 game losing streak, after we lose to the Ravens, during and after a 5 game skid, and when we miss the playoffs when the Ravens are in. When Baltimore went on a losing streak he just happened to go MIA... Must be a coincidence!

Whoever supports this assclown is a moron.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Who cares? He's not saying anything bad about the Steelers, in fact, usually it's the opposite. He's not taunting or being an ******* to anyone here, so just leave it alone and talk Steelers.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Who cares? He's not saying anything bad about the Steelers, in fact, usually it's the opposite. He's not taunting or being an ******* to anyone here, so just leave it alone and talk Steelers.

The best decision I made all day was putting No Gravity on ignore. Usually I have a bit of curiosity about what someone is still posting when I see the ignored post message, but for some reason I don't with him. I guess it's because I know he's probably posting something devoid of all logic, wit, and basic human decency.

DanRooney
01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Haha sweet. Now I can **** on this guys posts without him commenting back. Why is he even here anyway? Must be so he can jump on and off the bandwagon.

His logic is Billick is a great OC! I mean we all know why the Ravens were successful, a great high flying offense! Haha what a dumbass.

Steel Trap86
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
:bwah:

LatrobePA
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Din ding ding, I say close this sucker down! BA is here to stay, no even real use for this thread now!!

SteelerSteve
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't get it Teemont. Your pussy still sore that Willie Parker is going down as the most overrated back in Steeler history? Or that I called for boy Willie Gay to be benched week 3 and it happened? Or are you mad about Taunto Farrior's inability to cover anyone on passing downs? Three guys you've supported wholeheartedly. hmm, just passing through.....Hey, anyone else really care about what madam cleo here has to say? Dude, your a douche