PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Smith

Friday133
11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
should he be benched next week? seriously if BC is willing to bench ike taylor, he needs to be willing to bench marvel. and on a side note, if our line has fallen apart this badly, i really don't want grimm as a candidate for coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd bench Starks before Marvel, and definately bench Hartings and Simmons well he's just flat out bad.

The problem is we don't have that many good bodies on the OL as backups that would do any better. Put Chris K in for Simmons the rest of the year. Sit Hartings and let Okobi get some exerience for next year, at the very least.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Starks and Simmons just need to be beat with a hammer they totally suck. With Hartings he is just old and ready for retirement.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM
You know its a bad year when even Alan Faneca is getting beat. The man can't do everything himself and is getting no help from his other 4 team mates.

SteelerDan43
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Both tackles were practicing their bull fighting technique.... oooolaaa

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
It doesnt even look liked they practiced anything at all this week !

Prosdo
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I see some O-Linemen being drafted thats for sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I see some O-Linemen being drafted thats for sure.

Funny thing is the Steelers have draft Oline the past couple of drafts.

In 2004 two OTs in Max Starks and Bo Lacy were taken. Starks is a starter but he sucks. Lacy was cut since he sucked early on.

In 2005 Trai Essex an OT and Chris Kemoeatu an OG were drafted. Both Essex and Kemoeatu have had little playing time in almost two years.

In 2006 Willie Colon an OT and Marvin Philip an C was drafted. Both havn't seen the field this year.

So the Steelers have drafted 7 Olineman in the past 3 drafts and does any of them look like major players for the Oline. I agree the Oline needs to be addressed bigtime. But maybe instead of the lower rounds then maybe spend a first round pick on an OT like Joe Thomas from Wisconsin.

Koopa
11-26-2006, 10:06 PM
draft Justin Blalock in the first round lol

House of Steel
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't know what to say anymore, guys. Is it Colbert's fault for the failure of many of our draft picks? part of the problem. Main thing is Cowher for one thing, he is totally gone from coaching this year. I just can't understand this season anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Essex and Kemeoatu have both shown us some good things so they better get their chances come next July. We drafted them and at this point they deserve the chance to step up.

SteelerDan43
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
All of those guys listed were all mid to late round guys taken as projects, we havent drafted a OL in the first two round since 02 when we took Simmons. Missing that key young OL stud is hurting now

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2006, 11:40 PM
That is a good point, regardless of what position we draft, don't be surprised to see us go either OL or LB in the first round.

Friday133
11-27-2006, 12:18 AM
the game is decided on either side of the line of scrimmage. the steelers need to go out and draft a stud OL. we also must address our LB situation. oh and marvel needs to be benched.

Prosdo
11-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Essex and Kemeoatu have both shown us some good things so they better get their chances come next July. We drafted them and at this point they deserve the chance to step up.

At this point they might as well put them in and see what they can do.