PDA

View Full Version : With the 18th Pick in the 2010 Draft...

Zachintosh66
01-04-2010, 12:43 AM
1. Rams (1-15)
2. Lions (2-14)
3. TB (3-13)
4. KC/Wash (4-12)
5. KC/Wash (4-12)
6. Sea/Cle/Oak (5-11)
7. Sea/Cle/Oak (5-11)
8. Sea/Cle/Oak (5-11)
9. Buf (6-10)
10. Mia/Jax/Chi (7-9)
11. Mia/Jax/Chi (7-9)
12. Mia/Jax/Chi (7-9)
13. Ten/SF/NYG/Den/Car (8-8)
14. Ten/SF/NYG/Den/Car (8-8)
15. Ten/SF/NYG/Den/Car (8-8)
16. Ten/SF/NYG/Den/Car (8-8)
17. Ten/SF/NYG/Den/Car (8-8)
18. Pit/Hou (9-7)
19. Pit/Hou (9-7)

Im not sure how the tie breakers go in figureing out the actual placement, but through this together to get an idea. I assume we will pick in front of Hou b/c they had the tie breaker on us for the playoff spot.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
You are correct sir the Steelers will be picking 18th.......I think the defensive side of the ball needs to be addressed in the first round....Really any position will do since we need youth along the DL and at ILB.......We just need another body at OLB if Harrison or Woodley go down for any length of time.....We need secondary help period.....Like I said any position along the defense will do.....Only position I would consider on offense with the first pick is an OT.....

Zachintosh66
01-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Found the Actuall considering the trades and such...

1. St. Louis (1-15)
2. Detroit (2-14)
3. Tampa Bay (3-13)
4. Washington (4-12)
5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. Seattle (5-11)
7. Cleveland (5-11)
8. Oakland (5-11)
9. Buffalo (6-10)
10. Jacksonville (7-9)*
11. Denver (8-8) -- From Chicago (7-9)*
12. Miami (7-9)
13. San Francisco (8-8)
14. Seattle (5-11) -- From Denver (8-8)
15. New York Giants (8-8)
16. Tennessee (8-8)*
17. San Francisco (8-8) -- From Carolina (8-8)*
18. Pittsburgh (9-7)
19. Atlanta (9-7)*
20. Houston (9-7)*

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/03/2010-nfl-draft-order/

Big T
01-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Like I've said the whole time, and as you can see by my picture and location, the FO really needs to consider trading up for Eric Berry...I think if he fell to 5 they should consider trading up with KC because they would definitely grab him if he's there...

If they dont trade up there will still be some really quality players to pick from and I am extremely excited for the draft....

Bucsfan4ever
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Like I've said the whole time, and as you can see by my picture and location, the FO really needs to consider trading up for Eric Berry...I think if he fell to 5 they should consider trading up with KC because they would definitely grab him if he's there...

If they dont trade up there will still be some really quality players to pick from and I am extremely excited for the draft....

If Suh's gone by #3, I think the Bucs will take Berry...definitely will be a defensive player, maybe McCoy if Berry's gone, too.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
o god, please...please let us trade up for berry

andyg1984
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
cover corner please!

Zachintosh66
01-04-2010, 11:06 AM
we may trade up, but we wont trade up that far...

JensK
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
we may trade up, but we wont trade up that far...

Sadly no.. That should cost us too much (probably), but it would be sick.

cmerrifield
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, to trade up to lets say 6 or 7 would cost us second and third round easy. Not sure we can afford to do that.

K Train
01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
im liking cody, williams, campbell, davis, spikes

JensK
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
im liking cody, williams, campbell, davis, spikes

No Haden? He could be traded for - i think he could slip to 15ish, and that would not be too expensive to trade for.

Big T
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
No Haden? He could be traded for - i think he could slip to 15ish, and that would not be too expensive to trade for.

Train thinks Haden is really overrated.....but like train, I really like Brandon Spikes, Bruce Campbell, Terrence Cody, and Anthony Davis...

I also like Earl Thomas, if he declares, Charles Brown and CJ Spiller...

If we don't grab a safety in the first there will definitely be some players in the second and third round...I like Nate Allen, Reshad Jones, Kam Chancellor, Morgan Burnett, and Myron Rolle...

K Train
01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
this is a weak corner class and haden as the top guy is awful.

i think cox, ghee and murphy will all be better picks and they can be had in the second

as far as safeties go i would go berry as the only elite prospect, then earl thomas as a high first round pick....then nate allen, then taylor mays

my only man crush at corner this year would be donovan warren, i think hes going to be a good pro, a better prospect than leon hall imo

steelcitysfinestXL
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I still like the size and speed of Haden, but i WOULD NOT trade for him!!! If he falls to 18 then yeah i'd take him in a heart beat. My only problem with taking a OT at the 18-20 pick is that you're gonna end up with the 4th OT taken in the draft! If a guy like Campbell or Davis grades out as the 1st or 2nd best OT in the eyes of the FO, then yeah take him at 18. But some how i doubt he will grade that high.

I also think DL and DB are our GLARING NEEDS for both depth and to compete for starting jobs if (ie: replace will gay and if Casey and Clark leave). Our Oline played pretty well for MOST of the year and had injuries all year long. So IMO an OT, while it would be nice, may not be 1st round worthy. I'd rather have a stud center and thats something usually found in the 2nd or 3rd!

JensK
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Dunno about Spiller.. Im pretty sure Steelers would have a hard time passing on him if he was there when we draft. Im not sure how i would react - Sure, Spiller is a mad man, and with Mendenhall, we would own the world running the ball, but there are so many positions we need to address in this offseason, and RB is really not one of them.

K Train
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I still like the size and speed of Haden, but i WOULD NOT trade for him!!! If he falls to 18 then yeah i'd take him in a heart beat. My only problem with taking a OT at the 18-20 pick is that you're gonna end up with the 4th OT taken in the draft! If a guy like Campbell or Davis grades out as the 1st or 2nd best OT in the eyes of the FO, then yeah take him at 18. But some how i doubt he will grade that high.

I also think DL and DB are our GLARING NEEDS for both depth and to compete for starting jobs if (ie: replace will gay and if Casey and Clark leave). Our Oline played pretty well for MOST of the year and had injuries all year long. So IMO an OT, while it would be nice, may not be 1st round worthy. I'd rather have a stud center and thats something usually found in the 2nd or 3rd!

i like earl thomas as well if he declares, hes the second best safety this year imo.

this OT class is lacking elite prospects....i dont think okung is that great, hes a good prospect and will be a good pro and is the clear top guy but after that williams, campbell, davis, capers, , brown, fox, young, Ducasse....are all 1st/2nd round picks. i like davis and campbell the most right now though.

**** haden, warren ftw

Big T
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
i like earl thomas as well if he declares, hes the second best safety this year imo.

this OT class is lacking elite prospects....i dont think okung is that great, hes a good prospect and will be a good pro and is the clear top guy but after that williams, campbell, davis, capers, , brown, fox, young, Ducasse....are all 1st/2nd round picks. i like davis and campbell the most right now though.

**** haden, warren ftw

I'm really hoping Texas wins the National Championship just because I believe if they win Earl Thomas with declare...he's definitely my #2 safety behind Berry...he's one of those young guys who is already a great player but at the same time he is raw and with the right coaching could be a complete stud and a great player in this league.....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Anthony Davis has been on the top of my list for some time and I think at 18 the Steelers will have a shot.....Oher fell into the early 20's last year and clearly he was the best OT of the 09 class....I think Davis is the best OT of the 2010 class.........

But if the team doesn't draft Davis or if he isn't there then I would happy with Brandon Spikes......Or a NT........

K Train
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
thomas is a better prospect than huff, and about even with landry imo.

berry is in a league of his own....better than landry, polamalu, reed, taylor, and any other DB ive seen in my lifetime...a true elite prospect.

earl thomas and polamalu in the same secondary is something that you should get excited about

K Train
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Anthony Davis has been on the top of my list for some time and I think at 18 the Steelers will have a shot.....Oher fell into the early 20's last year and clearly he was the best OT of the 09 class....I think Davis is the best OT of the 2010 class.........

But if the team doesn't draft Davis or if he isn't there then I would happy with Brandon Spikes......Or a NT........

i love davis as a LT prospect....pure stud and a terrific athlete. give me spikes, cody or davis and im happy.

cody would legitimize the hood pick imo, give evander some space to make a little difference and not fail every other play

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
i love davis as a LT prospect....pure stud and a terrific athlete. give me spikes, cody or davis and im happy.

cody would legitimize the hood pick imo, give evander some space to make a little difference and not fail every other play

We have the same three players on the top of our lists right now...Things can change until the combine and weeks before the draft.....I wouldn't be against a safety at 18 either....But I don't know if there will be a safety I really like at 18......

The Steelers need a ball hawking corner bad.....This is a wak corner class for sure but I would like to see them add a play making corner at some point in this draft.....I know we just spent two picks last year on corners but adding another to the mix would be a smart move.....

--- Added 1/4/2010 at 05:39 PM ---

berry is in a league of his own....better than landry, polamalu, reed, taylor, and any other DB ive seen in my lifetime...a true elite prospect.

earl thomas and polamalu in the same secondary is something that you should get excited about

Yea I agree Berry and Thomas are the two best S's in this class.....Berry will be long gone by 18 and I don't think Thomas will be there at 18.....He could but I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone.....

K Train
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
i think davis should be there....aside from okung the list of OTs is very up in the air as far as ranking....trent williams has fallen quite a bit, he was supposed to battle okung for that top spot.

i like davis an campbell....but davis would be my pick, campbell is pure potential. last years OT class was very top heavy, this one is very middle heavy. there is not a tackle better than michael oher (my top prospect last year by far)

K Train
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
ideally we take cody/spikes/davis/thomas in round one, then graham/nate allen/selvie/ghee in round 2 and give me trindon holliday in round 3 lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
ideally we take cody/spikes/davis/thomas in round one, then graham/nate allen/selvie/ghee in round 2 and give me trindon holliday in round 3 lol

Train we're thinking to much alike man.........I like Nate Allen a ton and I also like Selvie....I'm glad his stock has fallen some since I think we could have a shot at him in round two......Trindon Holliday would be really interesting in round 3 for sure....

Spikes, Davis, or Cody is fine with me in round 1.....Or even Thomas......All would fill a need and all four could be best available......

K Train
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
selvie was knocked down quite a bit by JPP dominating for USF, but as an OLB selvie is in the mold of anthony spencer as a player, while graham is a woodley clone....either is ok with me. i dont like selvie as a hand down 43 end

jerome murphy from USF is also a good corner prospect....they are PUMPING out defensive talent lately

K Train
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
i also keep forgetting bryan bulaga who is better run blocker than joe thomas, and a better pass blocker than jake long.

he has to declare first of course, but he could be a stud LT

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
selvie was knocked down quite a bit by JPP dominating for USF, but as an OLB selvie is in the mold of anthony spencer as a player, while graham is a woodley clone....either is ok with me. i dont like selvie as a hand down 43 end

jerome murphy from USF is also a good corner prospect....they are PUMPING out defensive talent lately

Yea South Florida has been an NFL factory for defensive talent......You're spot on about Selvie......He is an 3-4 OLB for sure.......Graham is a Woodley clone so I agree with that statement as well.......Both players would be nice fits for the Steelers....

K Train
01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
and dont sleep on donovan warren in the conversation either....haden wouldnt break my heart but warren is better

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2010, 08:21 PM
and dont sleep on donovan warren in the conversation either....haden wouldnt break my heart but warren is better

Haden won't be there at 18 anyway so he isn't even on my radar.......He isn't Revis to me so I'm not hoping for him like I did Revis in 2007.......Would I complain if Haden falls to 18 and the Steelers draft him....probably not since I do think talent needs to be added to the corner position but there is other players at other positions that I want really bad instead of a corner.........I have the same stance with Warren...I think for sure he will be there at 18 but rather see the Steelers draft Davis or Spikes....or even a NT.....

K Train
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
the thing with haden is to be effective he needs to be on the wrs hip, he is awful in zone....we play all zone, he would fail imo.

i HATED revis a few years ago, the thought of revis or carriker infuriated me.....ill take the dive though, i was way wrong on revis. best corner in the league. nnamdi went from off the radar to overrated

JensK
01-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Warren could very well be around in the second round together with ghee. And would be fine with either, since Ras-I did not declare. I have seen a lot of mocks too, where Selvie fall out of the second round. I am having a hard time figuring out what i want out of the two first rounds right now. It really depends on what happens in the Off season, because if clark is gone, we need a safety bad, and if we don't do it in FA, we should address it in one of the first rounds. Make it Berry (wont happen), Earl Thomas (we would probably have to trade for him) or Nate Allen.

jpele
01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Being realistic with the 18th pick, I think Terrence Cody,Dan Williams,Anthony Davis may be there at 18 and if Bryan Bulaga declares I would be happy with any one of them.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Warren could very well be around in the second round together with ghee. And would be fine with either, since Ras-I did not declare. I have seen a lot of mocks too, where Selvie fall out of the second round. I am having a hard time figuring out what i want out of the two first rounds right now. It really depends on what happens in the Off season, because if clark is gone, we need a safety bad, and if we don't do it in FA, we should address it in one of the first rounds. Make it Berry (wont happen), Earl Thomas (we would probably have to trade for him) or Nate Allen.

I agree. But i do like Allen in the second round to aid us at safety. As much as i love watching Taylor Mays, i think he has bust written all over him if he goes to the wrong team. (ie; OAK/Sea) But, i also think with the right team and two seasons under his belt, he could be the next Adrian Wilson! But, unless its Eric Berry (not happening) i dont see us going S in the first! I'd hate to see the backlash of us drafting (or even talking about) Mays so i wont even touch that!

the thing with haden is to be effective he needs to be on the wrs hip, he is awful in zone....we play all zone, he would fail imo.

Yeah i have read that about him and Warren. I honestly like Pat Robinson the most out of this very "2007'' like cornerback class. But some mocks have him in the top ten some dont have him in the first. Someone want to shed some light on where this guy is?

If, a guy like allen is avail. in the second ( if there isnt a huge run on the top 4 safeties before our 1st round pick) then i like Spiller ALOT to replace parker. With Spiller in the 1st and Allen in the second we could let clark and parker go and retain Pro-bowl big snack!

andyg1984
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

i HATED revis a few years ago, the thought of revis or carriker infuriated me.....ill take the dive though, i was way wrong on revis. best corner in the league. nnamdi went from off the radar to overrated

best corner in the league? revis the best player in the ENTIRE NFL!

too bad there are not elite prospects this year, but i would love to see perrish cox!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM

I'm a Pitt Panther fan so I watched a ton of Revis in college....I love him as a return man to....Many forget he was badass at returns in college......I thought the kid was a just a baller and going to be a stud.....Didn't matter anyway since the Jets drafted him before 15....But I was hoping the Steelers were going to trade up for him......

I rather have Warren then Haden........If the Steelers draft a corner they better make sure the kid is a ballhawk.....I just want a corner that actually can make big plays....I would rather have a ballhawk over a corner that is just solid in coverage.....Big plays were missed this year from the defense and adding a play-making corner would help....Can't rely on Troy to make all of our big plays.....

K Train
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
best corner in the league? revis the best player in the ENTIRE NFL!

too bad there are not elite prospects this year, but i would love to see perrish cox!

rex ryan said that revis is simply the most dominant player hes ever coached....ryan is a douche and a idiot but he knows defense.....and he coached ed reed and ray lewis, thats saying something

steelcitysfinestXL
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I rather have Warren then Haden........If the Steelers draft a corner they better make sure the kid is a ballhawk.....I just want a corner that actually can make big plays....I would rather have a ballhawk over a corner that is just solid in coverage.....Big plays were missed this year from the defense and adding a play-making corner would help....Can't rely on Troy to make all of our big plays.....

I havent heard a good reason why you guys want Warren over Haden! From what i have read and seen on tape NEITHER guy is great in zone coverage. Both are physical corners, good tacklers and MUCH better in man coverage. I do understand that in terms of value, Warren may hold more value in the second round than Haden does at the 18th over-all pick. But i doubt he will be there in the second.

Since you guys seem to be more up on this than most every year, what about Patrick Robinson??? I havent seen his name much in talks of draft position. But i have seen him rated as high as 1st in some early position ranking and as low as 11th. One mock i saw had him in the 4th which i think is way too late. Anyone have any insight?

Zachintosh66
01-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Whats the point of being a ball hawking CB when they are instructed to line up 10yds off LOS?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I havent heard a good reason why you guys want Warren over Haden! From what i have read and seen on tape NEITHER guy is great in zone coverage. Both are physical corners, good tacklers and MUCH better in man coverage. I do understand that in terms of value, Warren may hold more value in the second round than Haden does at the 18th over-all pick. But i doubt he will be there in the second.

Since you guys seem to be more up on this than most every year, what about Patrick Robinson??? I havent seen his name much in talks of draft position. But i have seen him rated as high as 1st in some early position ranking and as low as 11th. One mock i saw had him in the 4th which i think is way too late. Anyone have any insight?

I have seen Warren more then Haden....I really would like the Steelers to avoid a corner in the first round since I don't see any of the corners in this class as good as Revis.....But if the Steelers drafted a corner in the first round I wouldn't be to upset.....Corner is still a huge need on this team.....We still havn't seen much from Burnett or Lewis.....Gay is strictly a nickel corner.....Townsend is on the downside.....So I do expect the Steelers to draft a corner at some point in this draft....

Perrish Cox from Oklahoma State probably would be an ideal fit for the Steelers......

K Train
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Bulaga entered the draft......he would have been the top tackle next year, **** yes....awesome

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Bulaga entered the draft......he would have been the top tackle next year, **** yes....awesome

I like him to K Train.........I don't think he will be a bust like Robert Gallery.....

K Train
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
i think bulaga is a delicious combination between joe thomas's pass blocking ability and jake longs run blocking ability....not as dominate in either, but well rounded all together, and white so that helps with the comparison lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2010, 05:35 PM
i think bulaga is a delicious combination between joe thomas's pass blocking ability and jake longs run blocking ability....not as dominate in either, but well rounded all together, and white so that helps with the comparison lol

Bulaga is on my draft board for the Steelers at 18 now.....One of five players.....

K Train
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
at 18....im saying davis, bulaga, cody, spikes, trent williams and earl thomas

3 tackles, a NT, a MLB and a FS....all legitimate needs with great value at 18 imo

SteelCityKid5
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
KTrain, you need to get paid for your scout knowledge, holy hell.

steelcityrockers
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I like him to K Train.........I don't think he will be a bust like Robert Gallery.....

Gallery is actually a pretty good guard. His problem at tackle was that his arms were too short.

--- Added 1/7/2010 at 09:25 PM ---

I'm thinking the Steelers can wait until round 2 for a CB and draft Javier Arenas, who should still be there at that point. He is a bit undersized and a bit slow, which will hamper him in man coverage. Fortunately, he has great instincts and awareness and can play zone better than most in this years draft. He has an amazing first step and what speed he does have he gets to immediately. Arenas can also return punts fairly well. His ceiling is a bit low though, he is as good as he really will ever get.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Gallery is actually a pretty good guard. His problem at tackle was that his arms were too short.

--- Added 1/7/2010 at 09:25 PM ---

I'm thinking the Steelers can wait until round 2 for a CB and draft Javier Arenas, who should still be there at that point. He is a bit undersized and a bit slow, which will hamper him in man coverage. Fortunately, he has great instincts and awareness and can play zone better than most in this years draft. He has an amazing first step and what speed he does have he gets to immediately. Arenas can also return punts fairly well. His ceiling is a bit low though, he is as good as he really will ever get.

Yea Gallery is a solid guard....But he was the second overall pick in the 2004 draft and was touted as the next great offensive OT.....He is a bust in that regard........

Big T
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
As much as I love Bulaga, Davis, Spikes, and Cody(and would still love if the steelers landed any of them), I pray Earl Thomas is there and we take him...he's defintely
my numer 2 safety and is a complete ball hawk and can tackle really well for his size...he and Troy would make a crazy tandem...

K Train
01-08-2010, 01:28 AM
thomas played well tonight....but bamas offense is sorry through the air to begin with.

cody mauled people tonight as a NT, DE, FB....playing him at end for some plays was a waste though

Big T
01-08-2010, 01:51 AM
thomas played well tonight....but bamas offense is sorry through the air to begin with.

cody mauled people tonight as a NT, DE, FB....playing him at end for some plays was a waste though

Cody definitely played well tonight...definitely a favorite of mine... I just love Earl Thomas and Im hoping he makes it to us.....

things change though...cant wait til the combine...The playoffs over yet?

K Train
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
no doubt thomas and troy could have endless potential.....however i think we have a few bigger needs and nate allen would be no slouch if he could be had in the second round.

cody impressed me last night, he started at the top of my list and now hes back there....followed by davis

tat2
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
i would love to see us get joe haden

K Train
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
like i said, joe haden would get torched in our defense. we play mostly all zone, he needs to be manned up on someone....that would be an awful pick

JensK
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
As much as my brain tells me that Cody or some sort of o-line player would be the way to go, something inside of me really wants us to go with Earl Thomas, should he declare, and Donovan Warren / Patrick Robinson / Ghee in the second... I guess I just enjoy watching defense more than offense :) (Cody does not count as a defensive player -.- no splash plays from him are expected! :P)

K Train
01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
As much as my brain tells me that Cody or some sort of o-line player would be the way to go, something inside of me really wants us to go with Earl Thomas, should he declare, and Donovan Warren / Patrick Robinson / Ghee in the second... I guess I just enjoy watching defense more than offense :) (Cody does not count as a defensive player -.- no splash plays from him are expected! :P)

no splash plays but he would open things up in a big way for everyone else to make splash plays and MAYBE legitimize evander hood and make him a little productive

thomas and warren would be sex on turf though

JensK
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
no splash plays but he would open things up in a big way for everyone else to make splash plays and MAYBE legitimize evander hood and make him a little productive

thomas and warren would be sex on turf though

Thats kind of what i've been thinking too. I would really like hood to pan out in a good way, because they guy has potential to be good, but most people agree that he is not a 3-4 end. Im not sure if Cody would change that or not, since Hampton is already in there being fat, and Hood has yet to win the job over the first backups at DE, but i guess Cody is a little bigger that Hampton.

Question: would you rather have Cody or Williams? Cody is bigger, and probably a better true NT, but Williams is no push-over in the run game at all, and he can get after the QB too...

K Train
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
i would prefer phil taylor, but between those 2 i would say cody.

cody is a mammoth and would make hood more effective, in any defense 34 or 43.

williams is a good prospect, but i dont like him as a NT, i would love him if i was houston and could play him next to okoye or if i was atlanta and could put him next to jerry.....and especially minnesota if i could put him in a rotation with kevin and pat willaims with pat nearing his end

JensK
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Is phil taylor entering the draft? he is only a junior right?

K Train
01-08-2010, 03:18 PM
not sure...right now its not looking like it even though he should

JensK
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
He def. should. I don't know the depth at DT next year, but he would prob. go first round early second if he decided to declare. With that being said, i could actually easily see a good scenario unfolding if he were to stay another year in college. Steelers throw a tag on Hampton, or offer the guy a two year contract worth some money (he can always be traded next year - There is a marked for fat guys like Hampton). That leaves Steelers with more room to play with this year. They could pretty much go best guy available, Thomas, Davis, Bulaga, Spikes.. Hell, even C.J. Spiller, and address Cb in the second round, and that would immediately upgrade our defense / offense a ton.

Signing Hampton and trying to trade him, could even give us a few more pick next year as well... I know its a little far-fetched, but not an impossible scenario. That would basically leave us with a "fresh" secondary or o-line, a new DT and the option to go w/e they feel they need in the second round 2011.

K Train
01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
hes going back to school...which is dumb considering there might be a cap next year, or even no draft at all. i think all juniors with top 2 round grades should declare this year, **** school.

i dont expect the tag to be placed on hampton....thats a huge price tag. haynesworth, kelly, canty, rogers, dockett, jenkins, and wilfork and very soon to be ngata the highest paid one(im sure the top 5 are in there in some order) all hold huge $$$$$ tags, the franchise tag for a DT might be a little more than the steelers are willing to pay.

kendrick ellis is a very good prospect if he declares as well....hampton university has produced Dlinemen like crazy recently

JensK
01-08-2010, 03:36 PM
As you said, uncapped year.. Could happen, especially with these new fancy investors. but i don't know.. its all really wild guesses right now, until we know what happens with Hampton. If he leaves, its a no-brainer that a DT is needed, and it needs to be one who can pretty much start from day one.

andyg1984
01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
i'm skeptical on Selvie as an OLB in years 1-2 .. not sure he can cover

as for spikes, not sure how else to describe him but as a tough knucklehead, as of now i would be upset if we grabbed him at 18 ..

i loved cody since day 1, but the more i watch him he really is a one dimensional player, would love to have him though .. as big as the pass is in the NFL , I am not sure what his value is ..

in a perfect world i would like to see McClain come on as Farrior's replacement, Cox and Dexter M^fin McClester in rounds 1,2 and a move up for Dex 2-3 ish .. but that will likely not happen .. i understand we have MUCH bigger needs to address round 1 than LB .. i just have been drinking the McClain/Dexter kool aid all year ..

i would love a corner, but not sure who fits the bill at 18

when does Dexter go?

JensK
01-08-2010, 04:19 PM
The way McClain played, he is not falling out of top 10... No way. He was all over the field. He just need a solid combine and proday to secure a fat paycheck! Sure, i would love McClain, but not at the pricetag that will follow him. Spikes is, in my book, ALMOST as good, but will come for much less money...

K Train
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
spikes is a mixture of willis and maualuga.....cant go wrong with that imo

he would be a better fit for farriors replacement, hes a hammer in the middle and timmons isnt, spikes is the MLB that can blow up a guard in the run game. mcclain will be a star in any system but he is a 43 lb to me, thats where he will be best

K Train
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
as far as selvie, hes a pass rusher....just like woodley, spencer, soon to be graham.....you dont want those guys dropping back too too much

andyg1984
01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
good points .. so how do you feel about Dex?

JensK
01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
good points .. so how do you feel about Dex?

We talking Dexter Davis? Depending on his combine, not before third round :2cents:

K Train
01-08-2010, 06:27 PM
i think hes talking about mccluster

JensK
01-08-2010, 06:35 PM
And this is when i realized it actually does make you look stupid, when you don't read the entire post before answering. My point still stands about Dexter Davis lol...

McCluster is kinda small to be an NFL RB/WR / w/e he'll be. He is fast, sure, but i think the size will scare NFL teams some. nfldraftscouts have him at 168, and ole miss homepage have him at 170. I think he could be around when we pick in the third, unless he shows some freakish speed at the combine.

K Train
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
id rather have trindon holliday

K Train
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
im kinda surprised noel devine hasnt declared....hes got like 3 kids to feed lol, give me a little devine in the second

JensK
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
id rather have trindon holliday

Trindon Holliday is just flat out fast. I don't know how good his technique is, but oh god he is fast. No need for sweet moves if they can't catch you :P . Im calling it right now, he could very well beat out CJs combine 40y record, which might as well make Raiders trade all of their remaining picks to get him (right after they have picked Taylor Mays ofc...) The guy is really small though. Im not sold on these small speedy guys in the early rounds. A guy like C.J Spiller is not that much slower, and weights 195.

K Train
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
5-5 and played at a top program....he will start on ST and maybe find his way into a sproles-like role eventually.

devine is going to be sick though, i think chris johnson might wanna watch out

JensK
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
5-5 and played at a top program....he will start on ST and maybe find his way into a sproles-like role eventually.

devine is going to be sick though, i think chris johnson might wanna watch out

I think devine will declare. He has no reason not to do so. Read a little about him, and found some pretty impressive stats:

Entering his junior season, Devine was coveted for his summer workout results: a power clean of 300 pounds, a 500-pound squat, a bench of 435 lbs., a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-foot-7 inch broad jump, and a 4.04-second pro agility drill...

Those are nuts compared to his size. How fast is he?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10002/1025265-144.stm

K Train
01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
hes insanely strong, my friend played against him in HS in the florida all star game. he said devine has thighs and calfs that are huge for someone whos what 5-7? 5-8?

hes nfl material

K Train
01-09-2010, 02:27 AM
earl thomas has officially declared

Big T
01-09-2010, 03:01 AM
earl thomas has officially declared

That is ****ing beautiful....I can definitely see him in a steelers jersey next year...and in the second give me Donovan Warren or possibly Brandon Spikes...

I can honestly say, I think Brandon Spikes will fall to the second round...dont get me wrong, Im a gator fan and I love the way he plays but i think he is more in that second group of ILB like Maualuga, Laurinaitis, Lofton than the Patrick Willis group...watching every gator game a really paying attention to Spikes, there is only like one thing that I see that will make him slip...I dont think hes going to have a great 40 time and i think that will make some teams stay away....hell, if he drops to the second round I say trade up because I dont think there is any way he falls to us in the second...

1. Earl Thomas
2. Brandon Spikes?Donovan Warren
3. Mike/Maurkice Pouncey

if that^^^ were to happen, the lord could take me and i would die a happy man...

Sh*t, id be happy with:

1. Brandon Spikes
2. Nate Allen/Donovan Warren
3. Kam Chancellor/Mike or Maurkice Pouncey/Perrish Cox/Ciron Black

^^^that might be a little more realistic than the first...

JensK
01-09-2010, 05:56 AM
hurray! That just made this draft a whole lot more interesting!

andyg1984
01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
yeah, devine is nasty ..anybody who gets to work out w/ primetime has a leg up on the field .. if he declares .. giddy up, but i would still not mind dex

spikes is definitely a thumper, but i know a ton of people in g'ville (who admittedly are not into the draft like we are) and they say he and dunlap (bust) are problems waiting to happen

i want that cover corner, but man i wish there was a stud center this year ..

K Train
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
haha im glad i got you guys on the donovan warren wagon

Big T
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
haha im glad i got you guys on the donovan warren wagon

I just think he's the second best corner in a weak class and would be a good value in the second...I just don't want them to reach for him in the first...

K Train
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
found my 3rd round pick favorite.....thaddeus gibson declared for the draft today....please front office, give me some thaddeus gibson as an OLB

he is officially my new favorite conversion guy for a 34 OLB passing up graham and selvie and kindle

jcloss23
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
i think if i had my choice for the 1st day i would like to see cody first, then warren in the second, and chancellor in the third. This could lock up the defence and then on the second day I'd like to see a smaller quick running back and have redmond make the team this year, and maybe a couple of o-line prospects to see if we can find anything.
if that doesnt work out i would really like to see a loud MLB, this defence is just too quiet since porter left and maybe someone could keep us from being so damn flat at the end of the game. Our defence needs to get younger plain and simple. TJ Ward may be added to the 3rd round choice, this kid can flat out hit, he is a litle sloppy in the passing game but he has got some hands on him oo\\too

tburg68
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM

I have to pull out the YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP meter on this one....... He is not the first "can't miss the hall of fame" prospect to come along. I wouldn't say he is better than Troy or even Ed Reed, until he plays for 5 years in this league!

cmerrifield
01-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I have a question, there was a Center that Wexell said man handled Cody for a whole game, but I cannot find that tweet or remember who it was or who he played for, anybody know? I would love us to pick up a Center who can man handle someone for an entire game. That would be a great draft pick.

JensK
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I have to pull out the YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP meter on this one....... He is not the first "can't miss the hall of fame" prospect to come along. I wouldn't say he is better than Troy or even Ed Reed, until he plays for 5 years in this league!

read: Prospect

K Train
01-12-2010, 01:28 PM

im sorry buddy, but he is right now a better prospect than any of those top safety picks were when they came out of school. troy and reed ended up exceeding expectations, im not saying berry will but his expectations are much higher than any safety prospect ive seen. dont flip out on me, im not saying hes going to step in and be better than they ever were from day one, im saying hes better than they were at this point in his career.

tburg68
01-13-2010, 05:55 PM
im sorry buddy, but he is right now a better prospect than any of those top safety picks were when they came out of school. troy and reed ended up exceeding expectations, im not saying berry will but his expectations are much higher than any safety prospect ive seen. dont flip out on me, im not saying hes going to step in and be better than they ever were from day one, im saying hes better than they were at this point in his career.

I jumped to conclusions on your other post. That being said, don't you think that draft picks are being hyped at a much higher level than ever before, thanks to all the media exposure? No one player is ever a "lock" as a stud player. That being said, I expect Berry to be a stud as well. Better than Reed or Troy would be a stretch.(I do know you are not saying he will be either)

K Train
01-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I jumped to conclusions on your other post. That being said, don't you think that draft picks are being hyped at a much higher level than ever before, thanks to all the media exposure? No one player is ever a "lock" as a stud player. That being said, I expect Berry to be a stud as well. Better than Reed or Troy would be a stretch.(I do know you are not saying he will be either)

see i feel guys like mays are the hyped ones, i think mays is terrible. berry and suh are the two elite prospects this year, imo they are the closet thing to a sure thing that you can get in the draft. laron landry is toying with bust status right now, he was a very highly touted safety prospect and hes the kind of guy you are describing here....berry may very well not pan out to be the elite prospect he is considered to be by most, but im saying hes the best DB prospect thats come around in my life time and i feel comfortable saying that

SteelCityKid5
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
KTrain, if earl thomas and spikes are both there at 18 who do you take? Do you take thomas and hope spikes falls to the second round? Or is spikes too good to fall that far in the second? I really like this thomas guy.

K Train
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
you take thomas, need or not (which it is) its value. MLBs really are not hot commodities in the draft for a 34. spikes and maualuga are GREAT 34 MLB prospects, but like last year for example jasper brinkley wasnt THAT far behind the top tier guys. you need a smart, run stuffing MLB with good size usually around 250 pounds.

spikes on par with mayo, scott, farrior, maualuga in terms of talent and speed....he would fit great but theres a handful of guys that are nice MLB prospects that could be had in later rounds.

that being said i love spikes, but thomas is someone to get excited about in the secondary

xxxsteelernation
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
ok who would you be willing to let go for such a high trade? that is worth that value?

K Train
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
ok who would you be willing to let go for such a high trade? that is worth that value?

explain? i dont understand

BlackGold4vr
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
1-18 Anthony Davis/Brian Bulaga
2-50 Maurkice Pouncey/J.D.Walton

Unfortunately, Starks isn't going anywhere. Colon is a free agent and if they draft an OT in the first it will signal the intent to let Colon go elsewhere. If the Steelers are serious about restoring the identity of a strong running game they must start the rebuilding process of this O-line. A tackle and a center would go a long way towards restoring that identity. That puts in place the foundation to build on for the future. This offense will continually struggle against the good defenses until we can start controlling the line of scrimmage. :2cents:

Blazedby92
01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
1-18 Anthony Davis/Brian Bulaga
2-50 Maurkice Pouncey/J.D.Walton

Unfortunately, Starks isn't going anywhere. Colon is a free agent and if they draft an OT in the first it will signal the intent to let Colon go elsewhere. If the Steelers are serious about restoring the identity of a strong running game they must start the rebuilding process of this O-line. A tackle and a center would go a long way towards restoring that identity. That puts in place the foundation to build on for the future. This offense will continually struggle against the good defenses until we can start controlling the line of scrimmage. :2cents:

Maybe draft a LT and C and move colon inside and starks to RT. Colon is a beast but I think he is better suited as a OG.

K Train
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
everyone thinks that....maybe our new oline coach will make it happen

colon isnt going anywhere....steelers have said hes a priority and i think he should be.

davis and pouncey would be to good to be true....no way that happens

K Train
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
here we go...i change my mind every day but heres how i like the first 3 rounds

top 5 for each

Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Earl Thomas
Terrence Cody
Brandon Spikes

Trent williams gets an honorable mention

Thaddeus Gibson
Donovan Warren
Nate Allen
George Selvie
Maurkice Pouncey

Jonathan Dwyer
Ryan Matthews
Al Woods
Ciron Black
Toby Gerhart

ive just always like al woods despite his shortcomings at LSU playing behind some premier talent on the dline

Zachintosh66
01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I got a bad feeling Starks isnt going anywhere either... same goes for Hartwig, he just signed that 4 yr contract last year

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
here we go...i change my mind every day but heres how i like the first 3 rounds

top 5 for each

Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Earl Thomas
Terrence Cody
Brandon Spikes

Trent williams gets an honorable mention

Thaddeus Gibson
Donovan Warren
Nate Allen
George Selvie
Maurkice Pouncey

Jonathan Dwyer
Ryan Matthews
Al Woods
Ciron Black
Toby Gerhart

ive just always like al woods despite his shortcomings at LSU playing behind some premier talent on the dline

Ok I put the players that I also like in bold........I use to be huge on Ciron Black but I have changed my mind on him.........Ryan Matthews is a badass and I really like that kid........I'm also a fan of Gerhart....I think both could compliment Mendenhall very well.....But I don't see the Steelers taking a back that high....I could be wrong.....

K Train
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
dwyer>matthews or gerhart

lol at all 11 players in round 1 or 2 highlighted

no love for woods? was a 5* DT prospect and a legit NT prospect at the pro level imo, but is athletic enough to play end i think. hes good against the run and pass and i think will get some looks on draft day

woods>hood

3rd maybe 4th round pick

JensK
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Ok I put the players that I also like in bold........I use to be huge on Ciron Black but I have changed my mind on him.........Ryan Matthews is a badass and I really like that kid........I'm also a fan of Gerhart....I think both could compliment Mendenhall very well.....But I don't see the Steelers taking a back that high....I could be wrong.....

With Rooney saying he want Steelers to run more, its either that, or Steelers resigning Parker, however both will probably demand us drafting some quality players on o-line. Im still torn about going o-line or secondary in the first. Obviously it depends on who is available, because some good player is going to fall to us when we are drafting at 18... Too many good players in the draft this year not to. Both are big needs, but im really torn between them right now. I guess it would make most sense to go some quality o-line men, and build our offense around that, but again, we can't rely on our offense. Defense wins championships.

K Train
01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
how i have them listed is how i have them ranked....trent williams is a wildcard though, not sure quite where to place him.

if davis is there which i doubt he is but you have to take him, same thing with bulaga....the 2 most legit LTs we will have a chance at, if both are gone which is possible...thomas is a must, thats great value there. if hes gone it would be between cody and spikes for me...not sure who i would pick though to be honest

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM
dwyer>matthews or gerhart

lol at all 11 players in round 1 or 2 highlighted

no love for woods? was a 5* DT prospect and a legit NT prospect at the pro level imo, but is athletic enough to play end i think. hes good against the run and pass and i think will get some looks on draft day

woods>hood

3rd maybe 4th round pick

You know I like Trent Williams a ton....I thought he was Oklahoma's best OL in 2008 and he should have came out last year......I still prefer Davis and Bulaga......

I wouldn't be upset at all if Al Woods was drafted but I still like my boy Boo Robinson...lol

I don't know what to think about Dwyer.....Call me crazy but this i my opinion......The Georgia Tech offense raises concerns with me....Its a gimmick offense really....I think the Dolphins would b the perfect fit for Dwyer.....I don't think he sucks at all but just some questions about him and the offense he played under.....

K Train
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
oh i know about GTs crazy offense...the man is an earthquake though. calvin johnson came from that gimmicky bullshit they run, they may not run a pro style offense but they recruit pro style players, look at choice for instance

honestly i think i have dwyer going a little low, hes a legit first round talent imo

SteelCityKid5
01-16-2010, 02:04 PM
KTrain, should the Steelers or their fans be concerned with Earl Thomas' frame, 5'10 197lbs?

K Train
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
no hes a great player and would play FS for us, he is the same size as ed reed and eric berry, and only like 7 pounds lighter than clark is now

hes got good speed and the skill set to be a starting CB in the nfl, he has extremely strong legs (i dont have the #s) but he can add some weight to his upper body and not lose speed. hes a coverage guy, not so much in run support....pretty average size for a FS

Big T
01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
no hes a great player and would play FS for us, he is the same size as ed reed and eric berry, and only like 7 pounds lighter than clark is now

hes got good speed and the skill set to be a starting CB in the nfl, he has extremely strong legs (i dont have the #s) but he can add some weight to his upper body and not lose speed. hes a coverage guy, not so much in run support....pretty average size for a FS

I have such a man-crush on him....if he is there at 18 he has to be a steeler...I think the giants will be a legitimate threat to snag him though....

K Train
01-16-2010, 03:19 PM
idk they just drafted phillips who they love up there and they are expecting him to make a full recovery. i could see the giants going DT or even spiller since idk how much longer jacobs is gonna be around and spiller could be their felix jones. they may also look at spikes, pierce is old, danny clark is old, sintim will be a stud on the weak side but spikes could play middle or strong.

dan williams is a good choice for them though imo

JollyRob68
01-18-2010, 03:40 AM
MIke Iupati or Brian Bulaga would do on Offense and Earl Thomas,Taylor Mays, Dan Williams on Defense. The best CB & ILB will be off the board.

--- Added 1/18/2010 at 01:36 AM ---

He will Be gone by #3. I also like Earl Thomas. He can play FS & CB

--- Added 1/18/2010 at 01:40 AM ---

Yeah, to trade up to lets say 6 or 7 would cost us second and third round easy. Not sure we can afford to do that.

We wont do that. The Value this year is in the 2nd round. I think they'll trade back if certain people are off the board and get more 2 rounders. Possibly trading out to get Tamps 2 second rounders. Heres hoping Dallas or Redskins want Casey Hampton and gives up there 1.:tt02:

K Train
01-18-2010, 04:13 AM
hampton is a FA

we have guards, iupati at 18 would be idiotic

Callax
01-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I like earl thomas
secondary needs help

Also get a goot DT to replace Hampton if he goes bye bye, but I think he'll stay, knowing he has a good thing here.

JensK
01-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Mike Iupati or Taylor Mays would not make me a very happy steeler fan at all.

JollyRob68
01-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Everything is going to depend on who goes #1, SUH or a QB. If a Qb goes #1 it throughs everything off and Joe Haden & Rolando McClain are going to fall some. Enough for the Steelers to jump up and get Joe Haden in the first. However I think the steelers need to acquire more 2nd round picks. If they can get 1 or 2 more 2nd rounders they can fill major needs. I would contact tampa and see what they want for both of their 2nd rd picks. KC also has 2 2nd rd picks but I'd rather have Tampa's theirs is closer to the top of the round. With 3 picks in the second the Steelers can take best available in round 1(if Mays & Thomas are gone take Bryan Bulaga or Mike Iupati ) Then in round 2 take CB,OG/OC( Jon Asamoah o rMaurkice Pouncey) & Safety or DL.
If you get Mays, Thomas or Dunlap in the first then with 3 2nds you can take Mike Iupati if he slipped or both Jon Asamoah & Maurkice Pouncey plus a CB.
I want the steelers to be very unsteeler like and go after those 2nd round picks. I'd offer Tampa our round 4,5,6,7 for both 2nd round picks. They're getting 2 compensation rd 5's and I think a comp rd 7 for a total 8 picks instead of 10.

--- Added 1/22/2010 at 11:44 PM ---

hampton is a FA

we have guards, iupati at 18 would be idiotic

Hampton will be Franchised and if someone wants him it cost a first rounder. Mike Iupati can play guard or tackle and he's a nasty guard. They last nasty guard we had was? Alan Faneca! He's 1 game away from the Super Bowl because the JETS are Playing old Steeler Football and running behind that nasty guard. We were a Dominate running team because of our Center & Guards , the Tackles were ok. Bryan Bulaga would be an Awesome Pick as well as Mike Iupati.

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I took a look at the teams and the number 18 pick of the draft since 2000----there is talent at that level but there is also some busts. I also wanted to point out that we did pick up Casey Hampton with the 19th pick of the draft in 01'.

2009----Robert Ayers-------Denver
2008----Joe Flacco----------Baltimore
2007----Leon Hall-----------Cincinnati
2006----Bobby Carpenter----Dallas
2005----Erasmus James------Minnesota
2004----Will Smith-----------New Orleans
2003----Calvin Pace----------Arizona
2002----T.J. Duckett---------Atlanta
2001----Jeff Backus----------Detroit-----Pittsburgh picked 19th that year and selected Casey Hampton
2000----Chad Pennington-----NY Jets

K Train
01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
lol lot of ****** picks.

its hard to compare though

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2010, 05:58 PM
At this point there are about 4 guys who I believe we will have a shot at that I would be happy with.

Anthony Davis, OT
Brian Bulaga, OT
Earl Thomas, S
Dan Williams, DT

In that order!

K Train
01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
id be furious about williams at 18

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2010, 07:05 PM

I don't know what to think about Williams.....I'm not sold on him either....Is he really an ideal fit for the Steelers 3-4?......

Bulaga and Davis are 1a and 1b on my board....I would like Earl Thomas to......I really like Pouncey to and maybe not at 18 but a trade down and then draft Pouncey.....Of course Cody is also on my board.....

BlackGold4vr
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM

That's why he is last on my list. If not Williams then who? I don't see a lot else that I would want that won't already be taken. Cody and Pouncey would be insulting at 18. Maybe Dwyer or Spikes.

K Train
01-24-2010, 07:53 PM
cody will definitely have value at 18

Davis, Bulaga, Thomas, Cody, Spikes

assuming guys like mcclain are already gone

MillerTime83
01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
How do you guys feel about Brian Price from UCLA? Hes a little small and would have to beef up a little, but I like him.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
That's why he is last on my list. If not Williams then who? I don't see a lot else that I would want that won't already be taken. Cody and Pouncey would be insulting at 18. Maybe Dwyer or Spikes.

Trading down and drafting Pouncey wouldn't be insulting....Hartwig is a bum and locking down the center position for the next 10-15 years would be a wise move....Really after Bulaga, Davis, and Thomas if those three are gone I wouldn't mind the Steelers trading down.....I think Spikes is going to fall into the second round....I like him but ILB have fallen to the late first round or early second round the last few years.....

BlackGold4vr
01-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Trading down and drafting Pouncey wouldn't be insulting....Hartwig is a bum and locking down the center position for the next 10-15 years would be a wise move....Really after Bulaga, Davis, and Thomas if those three are gone I wouldn't mind the Steelers trading down.....I think Spikes is going to fall into the second round....I like him but ILB have fallen to the late first round or early second round the last few years.....

I agree with everything you said there. I like Pouncey and would love to have him but not at 18. If those other players were gone and the Steelers could swing trading back for another teams 2nd or 3rd pick and took Pouncey I would be happy with that. Spikes game does have flaws. He is big and a little on the slow side and will have problems covering those backs and tight ends across the middle. But he can hit like a jackhammer and I do like that!

ross stalcup
01-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Defensive backfield, d Line

K Train
01-25-2010, 03:36 AM
spikes isnt that slow, and we already have the incredibly fast timmons now we need a guy that can do what timmons can....blow guards and FBs the **** up

andyg1984
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
can micah johnson do that? what are your thoughts on him? 4th round?

spikes at 18 seems a little early imo... mayo went sort of high which may support it but willis to me is the only LB pick worth it that high of recent memory- granted we are at 18, but i don't like LB's in the first so I guess I am sort of biased

K Train
01-26-2010, 02:28 AM
i mean timmons did go 15 lol

coldrolled
01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Defensive backfield, d Line

SS, FS, ILB

it has to be someone with a crazy attitude and fire in his blood line.
Our defense needs someone to rev them all up.

Taylor Mays or Eric Thomas??

Or a Spikes..

Who has the Ray Lewis attitude of these three?

We missed Maualuga, he fired up the Cinci D this year as a rookie.

K Train
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM
i couldnt handle them following up evander hood with taylor mays....i would cry

coldrolled
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
i couldnt handle them following up evander hood with taylor mays....i would cry

Senior Bowl: Day One thumbnail sketches

Posted by Danny O'Neil

•Taylor Mays is big. Really, really big. Like if you lined him up next to Leroy Hill, you might say Mays is bigger. He's taller, and while his legs aren't as thick as Hill's, his shoulders are just as square.

All through last season, there was talk that Mays' stock may have declined as he returned for his senior season. Consider Monday the first day in correcting that trajectory because he was measured 6 feet 3 while standing barefoot, he's 231 pounds and he showed he's got some range to go with his power when he broke up a pass intended for receiver Andre Roberts of the Citadel in the South team practice.

Two months from now, there isn't going to be any talk about Mays going in the late first round. Not with the importance that NFL teams now place upon playing safety. Not after NFL scouts get an up-close look at Mays' physique and if goes and runs 40 yards in 4.3-something you're going to have to use a snow shovel to get the scouts' tongues up off the floor.

JensK
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
We all knew that Taylor Mays was freak when it comes to stature. WE don't need any combine, seniorbowl or proday to tell us that. We need him to learn to cover, which he sucks at

coldrolled
01-26-2010, 12:45 PM
We all knew that Taylor Mays was freak when it comes to stature. WE don't need any combine, seniorbowl or proday to tell us that. We need him to learn to cover, which he sucks at

if hes that bad we can maybe get him at #50

K Train
01-26-2010, 03:36 PM
i know hes big, i know hes fast, hes a chiseled athlete....hes ****in jacked. however he has terrible instincts, terrible coverage ability, bad hands, poor reaction. hes a sportscenter highlight lay the crush every now and then type of guy. he could never play in a 34, we ask our safeties to do too much. also paired up with troy we need a disciplined cover safety, not a rangy sit back 20 yards and go for the crush safety. theres at least 4 guys i would want over mays and i mean that

K Train
01-26-2010, 03:37 PM
personally i hope other scouts do drool over him and pass on thomas for him

SteelCityKid5
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
KTrain, a lot of hype about Mike Iutpati. Mike Mayocks referred to him as a Faneca type of guard. What are youre thoughts? Do you think the Steelers should take him at 18 or does he have a chance to slide in the second round and we move up to get him?

K Train
01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
iupati is awesome, he may be able to play LT in a few years but be a day one pro bowler at guard...hes the best guard since shawn andrews but we have guards....there needs to be some serious talent off the board for us to take iupati at 18. and yes hes a sure fire 1st round pick at guard

SteelCityKid5
01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Alright another name I wanted to ask you about, Myron Rolle. Yeah he missed one year away from football but from what I've read he could solid. Should we look into him at all and in what round would he go?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
iupati is awesome, he may be able to play LT in a few years but be a day one pro bowler at guard...hes the best guard since shawn andrews but we have guards....there needs to be some serious talent off the board for us to take iupati at 18. and yes hes a sure fire 1st round pick at guard

But I wouldn't be against the Steelers trading down and drafting Iupati or Pouncey......Really after Bulaga, Davis, or Thomas, I would prefer the Steelers to trade down.....I don't want Dan Williams at 18 or even Cody now since I think Cody is going to fall in this draft now........I also think Spikes will fall to late first or early second round.......

There is a few NT's that I really like in the later rounds.......

JensK
01-29-2010, 04:28 AM
But I wouldn't be against the Steelers trading down and drafting Iupati or Pouncey......Really after Bulaga, Davis, or Thomas, I would prefer the Steelers to trade down.....I don't want Dan Williams at 18 or even Cody now since I think Cody is going to fall in this draft now........I also think Spikes will fall to late first or early second round.......

There is a few NT's that I really like in the later rounds.......

This... Unless Cody trims and get into the combine in shape, he will probably fall out of the first. I would not dare to take a chance with him anyways. If the above-mentioned players are gone at 18 there is a lot of talent late in the first, and early second. If we could get a late first and an early second, we could probably pick Pouncey, spiller or Spiller, and, depending on the rest of the draft obviously, i would concider it at very solid draft...

I really want us to pick at 18 though. We could use a player with that caliber on both sides of the ball.

andyg1984
01-29-2010, 09:23 AM
if cody does trim down i think he will easily be the best NT prospect since Ngata and I am not even sure who the next guy would be that would compare to him in the draft in the next few years .. i have said i thought he was a reach at 18 but would probably still take him for that reason - seems like guys like bulaga,thomas, etc show up on the boards every year ...

but these reports are a little scary and definitely lower his stock for the moment, but there is huge upside and a trade down where we pick up extra picks would fit this draft well too if that opportunity happens to unfold ..

JensK
01-29-2010, 10:56 AM
if cody does trim down i think he will easily be the best NT prospect since Ngata and I am not even sure who the next guy would be that would compare to him in the draft in the next few years .. i have said i thought he was a reach at 18 but would probably still take him for that reason - seems like guys like bulaga,thomas, etc show up on the boards every year ...

but these reports are a little scary and definitely lower his stock for the moment, but there is huge upside and a trade down where we pick up extra picks would fit this draft well too if that opportunity happens to unfold ..

Phil Taylor!

kjbman1
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
With the 18th Pick I trade down into the mid 20's where you could pick up a 3rd and a 5th or the late 20's and pick up a 2nd Round Pick instead.

This Draft is loaded with Defensive talent so I think we can still get Quality with increased Quantity. A move down would put us in a good spot to grab Iuputi or Cody with the first pick and maybe grab Rolle with one of our third round picks depending on how he does at the combine.

andyg1984
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Phil Taylor!

good point, i have just never seen him play so i can't really speak much to that .. i definitely like what i read, heard etc tho .. i wonder how walton did in practice vs taylor?

coldrolled
01-29-2010, 03:23 PM
With the 18th Pick I trade down into the mid 20's where you could pick up a 3rd and a 5th or the late 20's and pick up a 2nd Round Pick instead.

This Draft is loaded with Defensive talent so I think we can still get Quality with increased Quantity. A move down would put us in a good spot to grab Iuputi or Cody with the first pick and maybe grab Rolle with one of our third round picks depending on how he does at the combine.

#18 go with Earl Thomas, he is showing up in our range on a lot of draft boards.

Also, Bulaga is a second choice or maybe Spikes at #18.

if you get Offense/bulaga at #18...

Cody Terrence or Taylor Mays may hit #50 they seem to have issues to lose out in the first round. if not them.

if you get Defense/Thomas or Spikes at #18 you can get Eric Olsen, C/OG, Notre Dame he will be there at #50 also.

Or help fix the OL totally and get Bulaga and Olsen. 18 and 50

SteelerSteve
01-29-2010, 04:11 PM
TIM TEBOW!!!!!!!!!! lol Just kidding

--- Added 1/29/2010 at 02:11 PM ---

A little off topic, but does Matt "Jesus" Jones still play for the Jaguars? If so, and the Jags pick up Tebow, then kiss our superbowl chances next season goodbye lol

JensK
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
from walterfootball:

Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin talked quite a bit on the sidelines today during practice. Their bond is well noted as they coached together in Tampa on the Bucs Super Bowl team (e-mail me if I am wrong, Buc fans), and you just have to wonder what two guys like that talk about. I'm all for privacy amongst coaches and players because they don't get enough, and as fans we want to know every single thing that goes on, but we also must respect others - but I would pay $100 to hear that entire conversation.

That is very interesting

SnakeEyes43
01-29-2010, 06:54 PM
SS, FS, ILB

it has to be someone with a crazy attitude and fire in his blood line.
Our defense needs someone to rev them all up.

Taylor Mays or Eric Thomas??

Or a Spikes..

Who has the Ray Lewis attitude of these three?

Exactly.....:plus1:

coach
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Even if the Steelers wanted to make a play for Berry, he is likely out of reach. A second and third would get them to the seventh/eight spot. Their second, third and fourth could get them to sixth.

Even if they wanted to move to sixth, Berry should be gone in top five-many predict top three.

I could see them trading down this year and trying to pick up an extra player.

The third round picks are valued at somewhere between 116 and 265 points on the draft value chart. The second round picks are worth somewhere between 270 and 580 points and this draft will have a number of OTs, DL and LBs that could provide depth and be available in second round.

I think there are fewer DBs though and wouldn't want to gamble that one will be around in third.

I wouldn't mind if they slid down into latter part of round one as long as they got help at a key spot where they needed it.

I don't think they will get everything they want this year anyway so they will need to put some things off until next year.

Blazedby92
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM

Not really, now since the latest news we now see what the FO seen in him maybe.
Talented but looks like he is getting a Bengal attitude,LOL

coldrolled
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Not really, now since the latest news we now see what the FO seen in him maybe.
Talented but looks like he is getting a Bengal attitude,LOL

i know but we need some fire or some real Defensive QB intelligence.

Farrior is getting old and he is the QB of the D.

DanRooney
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM

We need more talent. I'm tired of seeing abysmal late round picks like Frank Summers and William Gay looking clueless on the field. We aren't good drafting past the first round anyway (with the exception of Woodley and Wallace).

K Train
02-06-2010, 02:38 PM
id rather have a first and 2 picks in the second than 1 pick in each round.

how many bruce davis', willie reids, ryan mcbeans, orien harris's, anthony smiths, ricardo cocloughs have we been incredibly excited about just to suffer through the heartache of having them suck?

every once in a while we get a colon, a mcfadden, a wallace, a keisel but they are far in between finding a gem within a handful of bums.

the steelers are very good, very few holes but for a team that is so complete is becoming apparent we need to draft guys that can play sooner rather than later which usually isnt the case when you have a good team, but our good team and mainly defense is getting old and the oline is terrible.

i honestly dont know how the front office cant address the oline in the first this year? theyve been hoping a bum would pan out for too long and it caught up with us

oline, and position on d except taylor mays

Brad 69
02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I think the defensive side of the ball needs to be addressed in the first round....Really any position will do since we need youth along the DL and at ILB.......We just need another body at OLB if Harrison or Woodley go down for any length of time.....We need secondary help period.....Like I said any position along the defense will do.....Only position I would consider on offense with the first pick is an OT.....
i agree we need to get rid of starks sign hampton and draft Will Barker from UVA.:duh::crossfingers:

K Train
02-06-2010, 09:52 PM
i agree we need to get rid of starks sign hampton and draft Will Barker from UVA.:duh::crossfingers:

barker is likely to go undrafted...he brings nothing to the table that we already dont have

SteelCityKid5
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
KTrain, I read an article on Sean Weatherspoon... what do you think about him at 18?

K Train
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
hes grown on me, i wouldnt be mad at the weatherspoon pick because hes a good player and a legit need....at least we would draft a mizzou player worth a damn this time

andyg1984
03-01-2010, 02:17 PM
does williams climb relative to bulaga post combine? not that there was a pass, but has the gap narrowed??

SteelCityKid5
03-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Again KTrain, I was watching the combine this morning... I dont know if youve been asked about Brandon Ghee yet. What do you think about him in the later rounds? What kind of a corner is he. I kind of like him. They (NFL network) were saying good things about him. He didnt look too bad at the Underwear Olympics.

coldrolled
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
does williams climb relative to bulaga post combine? not that there was a pass, but has the gap narrowed??

Top 10 in reps in the bench press:

45: Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas
44: Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia
39: Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina
38: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
35: Joe Hawley, G, UNLV
35: Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame :yellowthumb: #52 possibly our Center Pick

:thinking:

andyg1984
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
i think williams had 34 reps .. obviously he has the measurables and the meanstreak is preffered for an OL, but there are times when he gets beat (like when bradford went down .. it was trent who missed his assignment) ..

tough call, he is not the loadholt/cherilus RT type long term ..but if we can move colon inside it makes sense imo ...

K Train
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Again KTrain, I was watching the combine this morning... I dont know if youve been asked about Brandon Ghee yet. What do you think about him in the later rounds? What kind of a corner is he. I kind of like him. They (NFL network) were saying good things about him. He didnt look too bad at the Underwear Olympics.

ghee will probably be a second round pick, he ran very well today...hes a feisty corner and i thought he would be a fast riser to maybe a borderline first....but i think hes solidified himself as a solid second rounder....haden and wilson are the first round locks imo, after that robinson, warren, ghee are solid second rounds. mcourtney and cox are borderline 2nd/3rd round guys imo

K Train
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
i think williams had 34 reps .. obviously he has the measurables and the meanstreak is preffered for an OL, but there are times when he gets beat (like when bradford went down .. it was trent who missed his assignment) ..

tough call, he is not the loadholt/cherilus RT type long term ..but if we can move colon inside it makes sense imo ...

exactly...hes got great RT potential, and solid LT potential...unlike loadholt and cherilus who were either slam dunk RTs or failures

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2010, 03:52 PM
What the hell happened to Haden? His 40 times sucked! He will still be a first round pick IMO but I believe he will fall down the boards because of those slow times. Unless he has a pro-day and runs a lot faster people will be taking a closer look at him because of his times. Correct me if I'm wrong but his times were 4.57 and 4.58? There were 4 safeties who ran faster than that. :thinking:

K Train
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
haden helped us out today....if he makes it past the raiders and browns it will be awesome...not only would i take him at 18 in a heartbeat just for the sheer value, if he makes it past them if someone needs a DB between those picks and ours they will most likely take haden over thomas....which increases our chances of getting thomas

darnik44
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
haden helped us out today....if he makes it past the raiders and browns it will be awesome...not only would i take him at 18 in a heartbeat just for the sheer value, if he makes it past them if someone needs a DB between those picks and ours they will most likely take haden over thomas....which increases our chances of getting thomas

Yeah, our chances of getting Haden are better now because he will fall out of the top 10. But every team ahead of us (except Miami) from Denver at #11 down will be interested in him.

Earl Thomas might be a Brown, but won't get past Jacksonville at #10.

The Raiders have a tought choice to make...Taylor Mays, Jason Pierre-Paul, Bruce Campbell, and Jacoby Ford at #8. Something tells me Al Davis won't pass on Mays, assuring him of being a bust.

Suh goes first overall, end of conversation IMO.

cmerrifield
03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
If Clark walks and Thomas and Berry are both gone at 18, is there anyone who can be drafted in the 2nd that could help us? I havent really been paying attention past the first round.

K Train
03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, our chances of getting Haden are better now because he will fall out of the top 10. But every team ahead of us (except Miami) from Denver at #11 down will be interested in him.

Earl Thomas might be a Brown, but won't get past Jacksonville at #10.

The Raiders have a tought choice to make...Taylor Mays, Jason Pierre-Paul, Bruce Campbell, and Jacoby Ford at #8. Something tells me Al Davis won't pass on Mays, assuring him of being a bust.

Suh goes first overall, end of conversation IMO.

suh should go first overall....i cant even mention mccoy in the same breath as suh. but im not convinced a QB is out of the conversation

raiders take campbell...i cant see it not happening after the show he put on. i dont think thomas will go that high, i cant see it happening...most teams value him around 15 i think...it should be interesting. mcclain and weatherspoon are likely to be gone before we pick so hopefully someone passes on thomas for the LBs lol i remain hopeful

Big T
03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I was expecting Haden to run in the 4.4s but I honestly dont care that he didnt...the film speaks for itself...People just weigh the 40 times way too much...thats why guys like Taylor Mays and Bruce Campbell are going to be overdrafted(im pretty sure we all agree that the Raiders will, without doubt, be leaving the draft with Bruce Campbell of Taylor Mays)

Im also happy that Earl Thomas didnt run a good 40....He didnt hurt his draft stock but he didnt really help it too much either(although he looked good in most of the drills)....I love the fact that he's up to 208 now....I think he can end up being a ridiculous FS for us...

darnik44
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I did a quick 3 round mock, this is what I came up with (not necessarily who I would pick, but who I think the Steelers might pick)

1. Sean Weatherspoon, ILB, Missouri

2. Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

3. Dexter McCluster, RB/WR, Mississippi

Big T
03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I did a quick 3 round mock, this is what I came up with (not necessarily who I would pick, but who I think the Steelers might pick)

1. Sean Weatherspoon, ILB, Missouri

2. Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

3. Dexter McCluster, RB/WR, Mississippi

I definitely like it...the only way i would be upset about that is if we pass on Earl Thomas for Sean Weatherspoon...but like ive said, i do like Weatherspoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXIj4QhWes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tov-OBOTzF8&feature=related

^^^check those out on Mr. Weatherpoon