PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

StlersGuy
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I know alot of people are upset that we did not make the playoff's and we are done until next year. However lets not forget we do have 6 championships and there are alot of teams that would kill for that. Yeh I know we did not play like champions most of the time this year however there also was times we did and the fact that we also was without a few of our prime players for most games. Heck Troy was out for the pat 11 games, We can look back and say what if all we want , it will not change the outcome.The team played hard and today showed that. Yeh we did not make the playoff's this year however being able to say we have 6 for me makes up for it. There is always next year and I know one thing next year will not go the way this year did. So Thank you to all of the players and coachs for doing what you could and putting the team in line for the chance to make the playoff's.
I am and always will be a steeler fan win or lose and we will be back next year... Can you say #7 who knows only time will tell..

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2075/thsteelers.jpg :tt02:

J.OTSTOTT
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah and man these Eagle fans in Pa are killing me right now! Worst fan club ever!

Clevelandsux
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I am thankful, but this year was a major dissapointment. Can't help but feel that way. I hope the Steelers brass will start to look at our weaknesses. Especially on defense and the offensive line. Many teams would kill to finish 9-7, but Steeler standards are much higher. I just hope we work in those areas and we'll be back next season.

steelerschick1220
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
It is really dissapointing not making it, but it was nice seeing this team have some fight left in them and playing some really good games over the last three weeks. But man, it sucks to now that with just one more win we would be right now......

I hope the Bengals and Ratbirds enjoy this. Next year, they'll be squabbling for second place again while we're back on top. We'll get our 7th ring(with #7) before either one of them ever wins one.

Clevelandsux
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
yeah and man these Eagle fans in Pa are killing me right now! Worst fan club ever!

Why? Didn't the Eagles just get trounced 24-0?

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
This is where you tell the real fans, from the bandwagon fans. I stick with the team thick and thin, and lucky for us there's been a lot of thicks..well, thins too. In my opinion, this is the best franchise in the NFL, I'm happy to be a fan.

Go Steelers :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Well said Ohio :clap:

Times like this, when the team has had a rough season, it's nice to reflect back on what we have accomplished and realized that sometimes you just can't get it all done every year. We have a lot to be thankful for as Steeler fans; more than most teams in the league do and more than anyone else in teams of Championships.

Still, the pain of seeing this team underachieve, or so we think atleast, doesn't sit well. We'll have all offseason to think about it and more importantly so will the team. There is much work to be done and a lot of hard decisions to be made in the coming months. I think most of us have a feeling this team will be seeing some significant roster changes in 2010; and quite frankly it's time.

No matter what happens, and who takes the field come September, you can bet we'll still be here cheering them on and wearing our black n gold colors loud and proud.

Thanks Steelers, it was a disappointing year to say the least, but none the less we're still fans and always will be!

DanRooney
01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank god for Ben Roethlisberger is all I'm gonna say.

LarryNJ
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
This is where you tell the real fans, from the bandwagon fans. I stick with the team thick and thin, and lucky for us there's been a lot of thicks..well, thins too. In my opinion, this is the best franchise in the NFL, I'm happy to be a fan.

Go Steelers

Add PROUD in there too.

I had my Jack Ham jersey on in Philly last week. The guy at a store said one thing about the Steeler fans they wear their gear all the time win or lose. So be proud other fans notice it and envy us.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Of course I'm bummed we didn't make it....But man we have seen two Super Bowl wins in the now the past five seasons.....Really no reason to complain at all....Plus Here We Go Penguins Here We Go..........Hockey is now my second favorite sport and has over taken baseball for me.....Mainly since our Buccos suck every year...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Of course I'm bummed we didn't make it....But man we have seen two Super Bowl wins in the now the past five seasons.....Really no reason to complain at all....Plus Here We Go Penguins Here We Go..........Hockey is now my second favorite sport and has over taken baseball for me.....Mainly since our Buccos suck every year...lol

Plus you've got the draft coming up too man, you're favorite time of the year :yellowthumb: and hell yeah Go Pens!!!

The city of Pittsburgh is as passionate a fan base as you'll ever see; we get mad when our team doesn't do well but you'll never see us jump ship!

steelerschick1220
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank god for Ben Roethlisberger is all I'm gonna say.
Amen to that!!!!!!!!!

papabaier
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not "thankful" for how the Steelers have blown this season. Injuries happen to all teams. Our injuries showed our lack of depth and inability of the coaches to adjust to the personnel they still had. Inexcusable the way Steeler defense gave up 4th quarter leads 5 times this year. I remain a true a loyal Steeler fan, but am not thankful for how this season unfolded.

cmerrifield
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I am thankful for what we have accomplished, and if we learn from this season and make adjustments for next, I will say it might even have been worth it. We will see.

Sir Blitzelot
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm disappointed, but I'm not angry or upset. We all knew coming into the season that a Super Bowl repeat was not guaranteed. The Steelers were going to have a big target on their backs, and every week teams were going to give them their best game. Of course, losing key defensive players like Polamalu and Smith didn't help. I look at this season just as a down year, there is no question in my mind that this team will be back to contending for a Super Bowl next year. :2cents:

75Steeler
01-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I can't wait till next season. I'm also looking forward to going to training camp this summer to see the team and let my daughter get autographs. Being a Steeler fan isn't just about watching a game for us. It is a way of life. Win or lose we are proud to be fans of this team and we will come back year after year to wear our black and gold and wave our Terrible Towels in support.

Howra
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Good Luck to the team, management and fans for 2010, and hopefully they can make it number 7

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I second everybody's sentiments on here regarding this team and this season. While it was a major dissapointment for this team to not make the playoffs they still took it to the last week of the season and still had a shot to make it in despite everything. While that is still unacceptable and not good enough it still wont stop me from cheering year in and year out. LookING forward to next season and hopefully next year doing my long tiebraking scenarios for how the Steelers can be the number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.

--- Added 1/4/2010 at 01:17 PM ---

It is really dissapointing not making it, but it was nice seeing this team have some fight left in them and playing some really good games over the last three weeks. But man, it sucks to now that with just one more win we would be right now......

I hope the Bengals and Ratbirds enjoy this. Next year, they'll be squabbling for second place again while we're back on top. We'll get our 7th ring(with #7) before either one of them ever wins one.

Im with you there as well. The Ravens and especially the Bengals who ended up winning the division cant expect the Steelers to play as bad as they did this season next season and go 2-4 in the AFC North like they did this season. Everything fell into place for Cincy this year to win this division with them sweeping the division and having a pretty winnable schedule while the Steelers lost to teams like Kansas City,Oakland,and Cleveland along the way. That wont happen again next season for the Bengals and wont come as easy for them as it did this season...My advice to the Bengals and their fans is you better win this year in the playoffs and in the AFC where it's not a very strong year because next season things arent going to fall into place for you as easily as they did this season...

steelersbabex25
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I can't wait till next season. I'm also looking forward to going to training camp this summer to see the team and let my daughter get autographs. Being a Steeler fan isn't just about watching a game for us. It is a way of life. Win or lose we are proud to be fans of this team and we will come back year after year to wear our black and gold and wave our Terrible Towels in support.

I can't wait to go to training camp either. Me and my brother go up every year from DC, and it's always nice to see the players and get to talk to them (or the ones that respond to you anyway.)