PDA

View Full Version : Well it's official---Were out!

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Willis McGhee TD run all but sealed our deal for this season. Unfortunatly I say he sealed our deal but it was our in ability to close at least one game during our five game losing streak. We didn't play to our potential and the team didn't seem to respond to losing. As a matter of fact this team was much like the team of 2007 when they didn't make the playoffs.
The Steelers were too good for themselves. They didn't play as a team and played much like a team that could turn it on at anytime. This team, however, shut it down in the third quarter and couldn't kick it into high gear when it counted.
There is always next season but will this team be the same? Hopefully not.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
death rides a pale horse. but, hey there is always next year. i hope the boss cleans out that front office and sweeps the trash out of the locker room. a steelers fan forever. thanks gun for the site. i'll definately check in from time to time.

Ambridge
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
The Steelers flat out didn't deserve to get in the playoffs.
To be honest...if they had got in they would have more than likely been "One and Done"!!
This off season should be a time of serious reflection for Mike Tomlin.
I hope he shakes up the roster as well as the coaching staff.

Clevelandsux
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I agree. We almost blew the game today. To finish 9-7 with as bad as we played is a blessing. Our defense is horrible. You can't lose to the Raiders, Chiefs, Browns and Bears and expect to be in the playoffs. That's the reason the Ravens are in the playoffs and we aren't. They didn't lose to those teams. I questioned this teams heart this year.

--- Added 1/3/2010 at 06:50 PM ---

Oh and Jamarcus Russell sucks.

acero
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
everybody has been bashing BA and i m not a big fan of the guy, but he was not responsible for our slide defense was

serious secondary help is needed

cant wait for next season, i might make my second trip to the burgh for a game

steeler fan for the last 32 years

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Well, can't say we didn't end the season with a bang. Lots of changes to be made in the offseason.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
That's all folks..we made this bed, now we have to sleep in all offseason long. We had the potential to be special this year with so many returning starters from the super bowl run last season. Our weaknesses though were exposed as we've allowed ourselves to get older, and we just didn't have enough when it counted to control our own destiny.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-03-2010, 09:20 PM
To be honest...if they had got in they would have more than likely been "One and Done"!!

:clap::clap: I agree

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Really I think that's what needs to happen in a big way for this team, a shake up of the roster. Tomlin needs to look at all this game film and see week in and week out who was up to snuff and who wasn't. There's a ton of blame to go around from both the coaches & players; but tweaking the roster here and there I don't think is the answer anymore.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
We need some huge pick-ups in the draft. The Steelers general draft attitude has been go for the best overall player left, but I don't think they can do that anymore. They need to pick up some solid cornerbacks, safetys, offensive linemen, not another wide reciever or running back just because he was the best player available.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
There's real needs on this team, maybe too many to be addressed in 1 offseason since we're not big players in FA. Having said that though, we can make great strides between now and training camp by thinking outside the box in not only shaking things up on the roster but how we go about doing it.

acero
01-03-2010, 10:51 PM
we just need 2 starting cb and a safety hahaha

steelerschick1220
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Even though the odds of us being one and done were pretty great, it's still pretty dissapointing when you are eliminated. I still say we will somehow get it turned around and we will be back on top of the divison and back in the playoffs next year.

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-04-2010, 02:11 AM
we just need 2 starting cb and a safety hahaha

We could if he were around.....Navorro Bowman...while he is a LB at 6-1 he is would fit Pittsburgh's style of LB----as a matter of fact he would and could play CB....imagine what we could do if he played as a CB or could be a 4th LB on blitzing packages...many options....different than having a dl dropping back to play LB....he is ranks #1 at his position and right now going off the board at #15....very good opportunity...

DanRooney
01-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Ike Tayor is a fine starting at CB. He has his bad moments but is solid. He needs a #1 CB opposite of him (Carlos Rogers, please?). Burnett seems more like a nickel guy so hopefully he takes Gay's place. I never want to see Gay wearing a Steeler uniform again.

NCSteeler
01-04-2010, 04:04 AM
I agree. We almost blew the game today. To finish 9-7 with as bad as we played is a blessing. Our defense is horrible. You can't lose to the Raiders, Chiefs, Browns and Bears and expect to be in the playoffs. That's the reason the Ravens are in the playoffs and we aren't. They didn't lose to those teams. I questioned this teams heart this year.

--- Added 1/3/2010 at 06:50 PM ---

Oh and Jamarcus Russell sucks.

I'm not so sure the Rats would have beat a Gradkowski led Raiders team.

But yeah it's a shame we were a few plays away form the #2 seed. I think he door is closing on this defense due to age.

DIESELMAN
01-04-2010, 07:44 AM
:plus1: After not showing any heart whatsoever, especially during the 5 game losing skid, we definitely didn't deserve to back into the playoffs. Theres enough blame to go around the whole team, defense, offense, special teams, coaches, players, hell even the water boy ****ed up this season. BA needs to go, his play calling is inconsistent, predictable, hard headed at the expense of a SB run.

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
It's especially frustrating to not make the playoffs because you will not convince me that the two wildcard teams that made it into the playoffs today in the Ravens and the Jets are both better overall football teams then the Steelers because they both arent. But like many of us have said the Steelers dug their own grave losing to the likes of KC,Oakland,and Cleveland and it was ultimately their downfall in the end when all was said and done...