PDA

View Full Version : Injured Roethlisberger drives offense to secure win

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't care what anybody says about this guy, the dude is tough as nails. We all saw his arm/shoulder get rolled over on by Porter on that fumble yet Ben was able to come back in and finish off the game. People call him a drama queen and all that, and some of that rightly so, but the way he gutted out that performance in the final minutes is nothing short of total Steeler football attitude. He's not perfect, he drives you nuts, but man the dude's toughness and tenacity for never giving up is 2nd to none.

Maybe he played it up alittle more than he had too on the field, and maybe not, but I'm quite sure his arm felt like it had to be falling out of the socket everytime he threw the ball. The WR's, RB's, TE's, and the line all did their part in the clutch to help make the plays too, but man Ben was the man as much as anybody in those final minutes.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I was screaming at my TV at the fact that they were keeping a qb that couldn't throw in the game, with the ball at their own 3. But, to my surprise, he came out and threw the ball, and did it well. Props to him. I would be on the sideline crying for the medics if a linebacker rolled on my arm.

LarryNJ
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Cheers Ben! See you next year, enjoy your off season, have fun and be safe!

Other than the browns game he has played well all year. The offense basically did their job but the D let us down time and time again.

scott0326
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Gutsy indeed, I wonder if people are still questioning his toughness, if it was doubted, I don't see how it can be now. Props to Ben and Willie Parker! How about his big 4th quarter?

LatrobePA
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Cheers Ben! See you next year, enjoy your off season, have fun and be safe!

Other than the browns game he has played well all year. The offense basically did their job but the D let us down time and time again.

What he said, please fix your own TV this offseason!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I was screaming too at first, WTF is he doing in there at this point..but basically unless his arm is completely broken or missing all together ;) you don't want anybody else in there with so much at stake. There's no guarantee if Dixon comes in that the offense is able to drive down the field like that. The RB's were key as was the line, but Ben made some gutsy throws to get us in that position.

LarryNJ
01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
please fix your own TV this offseason!

:lol::lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Ben is one tough SOB...... Most of us in the Stiller Nation know this....I just hope Big Ben didn't do further damage to his shoulder/arm by staying out there and actually throwing passes....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Ben is one tough SOB...... Most of us in the Stiller Nation know this....I just hope Big Ben didn't do further damage to his shoulder/arm by staying out there and actually throwing passes....

I was thinking that too; and what if we slide into playoffs and then he couldn't play...but then again, given the way the game was going, there's no guarantee we'd have even made it to have the chance to fight for a spot if it wasn't for him. I would tend to think he wasn't going to be taken out of the game unless they shot him up with a tranquilizer, LOL.

Either way, the dude is a beast plain and simple :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I was thinking that too; and what if we slide into playoffs and then he couldn't play...but then again, given the way the game was going, there's no guarantee we'd have even made it to have the chance to fight for a spot if it wasn't for him. I would tend to think he wasn't going to be taken out of the game unless they shot him up with a tranquilizer, LOL.

Either way, the dude is a beast plain and simple :yellowthumb:

No doubt he is a beast.....I love Big Ben and there isn't another QB that I would take over him.....I'm critical of Ben at times but that is because I expect so much from the guy since I know how great he can be....I'm hoping his arm is ok and that he doesn't need any off-season surgery.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
We're all critical of him man, he drives us nuts at times, so much that you want to jump out a window ..LOL. Sometimes you just wanna say, throw the damn thing away. Just then though he makes a huge play for a TD, or converts some crazy big 3rd down.

When it's all said and done though, you're right there's nobody else I'd want under center for us,and with this team I don't think anyone else could survive besides Ben.

Zachintosh66
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Ben for all your hard work... maybe next year we'll get you a better OL, New O Cord and a better (and healthier) secondary.

steeler25al
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Gutsy but helpful.He could have costed us the game but he didnt and thats all that matters.He didnt cost us the season either.....At least all of it

"A standard is a standard"

-Mike Tomlin:tt02::cope::helmet:

steelerschick1220
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
A great performance by Ben. Dude is tough as nails and will do anything to help this team get a win. I look forward to seeing back in the playoffs next year.

Clevelandsux
01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I too was wondering why Ben was in there. I think he hurt his non throwing arm, which could certainly effect how he handled the ball.

steelersbabex25
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
No it was his right shoulder..he's right handed yes?

steelerschick1220
01-05-2010, 11:44 PM
^Yep.