PDA

View Full Version : Did we expect this game to go any other way?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I mean really, it's been our MO all year long; we get the lead in the first half and then completely sideways in the 2nd and implode in all phases of the game. 27-10 lead with 10 minutes to you better hope you can close it out; but yet again they ALMOST blew it.

Credit Ben fighting through that injury and moving this offense down the field, and Parker & Mendenhall as well; everybody worked through the pressure and somehow sealed the win. Regardless of what happens with our post season possibilities when the day is done, atleast we can say this team didn't give up in the 3 games and even though they did their best to give it away again, somehow we pulled it out.

JensK
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
3 interceptions, two by CBs.. Man, we own the world.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
This game truely was the epitomy of the Steelers season..except they usually lose. Doesn't matter as much this time anyway, New England screwed us. But to be far, we screwed ourselves.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Honestly I don't expect us to get in; we still technically have a chance but it's slim at best. Regardless though atleast they finished off the season with 3 consecutive wins and didn't just pack it in. They should heart, and inspite of themselves they were able to overcome the miscues and get the win. I credit them for not giving up, but still pissed off that they got themselves in this position in the first place.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm just glad we won the last 3 games, this has been the Cardiac Kids season for us, with the Injuries we had, an the defensive breakdowns in the 4th quarter an the dumb play calling we had later in the season we have no one but ourselves to blame if we don't get in the playoffs.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't know if my health can take watching this team in the postseason.; if they actually get in, LOL. The cardiac kids is a great analogy for this team; atleast these last 3 games they were able to pull it out and finish off strong. They stayed focused and somehow pulled it out, and I give them all the credit in the world for that.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I give them so much credit for coming back from loses against KC, Oakland, and Cleveland, and winning against 3 decent/good teams. That's all you can hope for after a season like this one.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
One can only wonder what could have been if this team had actually played up to it's potential during that 5 game losing streak :nonod: Maybe they overachieved in these last 3 games, maybe they just fell asleep during that bad stretch..who knows, but at this point we can be proud they went out fighting if nothing else.

UKSTEELER
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
A real shame that it has taken adversity for us to perform to near our best and scrape together a chance of ps play.

However, our best this season is clearly, only marginally above acceptable.

Why?, has it taken all year for our cb's to make an interception?, why has it taken all year for Lamarr to look like a pro bowler?, why has it taken all year for Ben to throw a ball into the bleachers? I could go on and on and on . . .

Just judging by tonight alone, we have serious problems at CB, MLB and OT. i.e. We have one capable corner, we have a pair of mlb's that, resemble Laurel and Hardy at their finest, a RT that gets by on a few coppers thrown his way in a squallid doorway every night of the week, and an offensive gameplan, that is drawn up by someone with a skin full of liquer and a squalid complexion after a heavy session on Maddden10.
:banana:

Kay, i'm drunk on cheap boxed red wine, but, tis thy truth i tells ye!:banana:

We love Darts!! Phillllllllthepoweeeeeeeerrrrrr Taylorrrrrrrrrrrrr!

GO STEELERS!

Zachintosh66
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
This game truely was the epitomy of the Steelers season..except they usually lose. Doesn't matter as much this time anyway, New England screwed us. But to be far, we screwed ourselves.

amen sister

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
As it stands now, we're officially out of the race; while we'll cover all the reasons in other threads, I'm just glad we went down fighting and atleast gave it our all. I wouldn't have expected this team to go out any other way; Steeler pride is alive and well, even in the midst of adversity!

DanRooney
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
3 interceptions, two by CBs.. Man, we own the world.

You mean 2 CBs and a FS?

steelerschick1220
01-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm just pleased they went out fighting and didn't pack it in for the last three games just for draft position. Man, September is so far away......I miss watching them play already.

JensK
01-04-2010, 08:35 AM
You mean 2 CBs and a FS?

Nope, i ment we had 3 interceptions, two of those was made by our CBs. Its not THAT insane that our safety had a pick. It has happened before this year (rarely, but before) - First pick by our CBs, hence why i mentioned it :P