PDA

View Full Version : Woodley: Patriots & Bengals will lay down

Steel Trap86
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers in the playoffs.
NFL RedZone

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.

The Steelers (8-7), losers of five of their last seven games, would make it in if they beat the Miami Dolphins, the Patriots defeat the Houston Texans and the Bengals beat the New York Jets.

There are other combinations in which Pittsburgh could sneak in, but it's unlikely the Steelers would make it unless New England wins.

The Patriots and Bengals have little to play for except which team will be seeded No. 3 in the AFC. With a wild-card playoff game awaiting each team next week, the Patriots and Bengals are expected to rest some starters to avoid possible injuries.

Ya I'd say Woodley knows what he's talking about

LatrobePA
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Pu**es!

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
I still think the Patriots will play to win and play for that 3 seed....It's a lot more important then a lot of people think...

LatrobePA
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I still think the Patriots will play to win and play for that 3 seed....It's a lot more important then a lot of people think...

Same here, and I think the Jets will find a way to lose! But lets not rule out the upset in Oakland! Diffrent team at home. Plus their game on game off mode will benifit us this week, seeing how they got destoyed by the stains!

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Same here, and I think the Jets will find a way to lose! But lets not rule out the upset in Oakland! Diffrent team at home. Plus their game on game off mode will benifit us this week, seeing how they got destoyed by the stains!

The Patriots have to consider that by being the 3 seed they could still have the AFC Championship game at home if both Indy and San Diego lose their first playoff game in the divisional round. Now it doesnt happen too often where both teams with the bye week lose their first home game but it did happen in 2006 when the Chargers as the 1 seed lost to the Patriots in San Diego and the Ravens as the 2 seed lost to the Colts in Baltimore. The Colts were the 3 seed that year and ended up having homefield advantage for the Championship game in which we all remember they came back and beat the Patriots and eventually went on to win the Super Bowl that year. If the Patriots do go all out in this game and play Brady and Moss the entire way then I see them most definitely winning this game against Houston. If that happens all the Steelers would need then is like you said Latrobe for the Raiders to beat the Ravens which I also believe is definitely not out of the question, and the Jets Cincy game wont matter to the Steelers because they would already have clinched a playoff spot...

LarryNJ
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I think Woodley is just hoping they hear it. Grasping at every straw he can. I don't think they will lay down at least not the way Woodley and his teammates did a half of dozen times this year.

Steel Trap86
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM

I think they will play to win yes, but I think that if Houston comes out with an early lead, they will start pulling out. Their first playoff game is next Sunday.

The Bengals coach has assured Ocho Cinco that they are playing to win and Ocho has already said that as long as Darrelle Revis, the Jets corner, is on the field he will stay in the game. Even with that being said, I still think the Bengals fold up like little pussies, we all know they don't want to see the Steelers for a 3rd time. Last time they made the playoffs it was Pittsburgh who kicked them out. I think Jets beat the Bengals, we need to keep an eye on the Ravens/Raiders game, we have a better chance of the Raiders beating the Ravens IMO.

I'm looking for the Raiders and Patriots to win so we can catch the Bungals in the playoffs.

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I think they will play to win yes, but I think that if Houston comes out with an early lead, they will start pulling out. Their first playoff game is next Sunday.

The Bengals coach has assured Ocho Cinco that they are playing to win and Ocho has already said that as long as Darrelle Revis, the Jets corner, is on the field he will stay in the game. Even with that being said, I still think the Bengals fold up like little pussies, we all know they don't want to see the Steelers for a 3rd time. Last time they made the playoffs it was Pittsburgh who kicked them out. I think Jets beat the Bengals, we need to keep an eye on the Ravens/Raiders game, we have a better chance of the Raiders beating the Ravens IMO.

If by some chance both the Patriots and the Raiders do both win and the Steelers already have clinched a playoff spot going into the Sunday night game then Cincy will most definitely take a dive seeing that if they beat the Jets in that scenario the Steelers will end up as the 5th seed and meet the Bengals who would then be the 4 seed in their first playoff game, and the Broncos assuming they beat the Chiefs which Im guessing they will would be the 6th seed and play the Patriots...This is really the only logical scenario that could set up the Bengals playing the Steelers. Cincy as the 4 seed most likely is either going to end up playing the Jets or Baltimore unless both Houston and the Ravens lose like I just mentioned then they would most likely meet the Steelers...

OC Steel Curtain
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
This was the best thing Woodley could of done.. Its not going to sit right with both those teams and i have a good feeling they will come to play now

Iron City South
12-30-2009, 11:20 PM
The reality is .. the Bengals could give a rats *** what Woodley has to say right now. They're going to roll-over bigger than trained puppies at a canine show and everyone knows it.

Marvin Lewis and other Bengal players are totally giving it away by overstating the team plan is to "play to win the game" ..... I aint' buyin it and nobody else is either.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Every year there's one player on this team that shoots his mouth off and everybody either laughs at him or completely berates him repeatedly for talking and not backing it up. Wood should have just taken the high road; we're not in a position to call out anybody considering how our year has gone.

lloydfan4life
12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I think Woodley is just hoping they hear it. Grasping at every straw he can. I don't think they will lay down at least not the way Woodley and his teammates did a half of dozen times this year.

:plus1:

SteelerSal
12-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Every year there's one player on this team that shoots his mouth off and everybody either laughs at him or completely berates him repeatedly for talking and not backing it up. Wood should have just taken the high road; we're not in a position to call out anybody considering how our year has gone.

Exactly. Teams laughed at us, losing to almost all of the leagues bottom feeders (Lions were almost on the list) and the only fear that opposing teams might have with us is that our inconsistant, un-executed, weak coveraged, un-imaginative, lead blowing cooties might rub off on them.

Man I'm 43 years old and I have not said or spelled "cooties" in 35 years. :lol:

coldrolled
12-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Exactly. Teams laughed at us, losing to almost all of the leagues bottom feeders (Lions were almost on the list) and the only fear that opposing teams might have with us is that our inconsistant, un-executed, weak coveraged, un-imaginative, lead blowing cooties might rub off on them.

Man I'm 43 years old and I have not said or spelled "cooties" in 35 years. :lol:

Fire Arians and lets get on with the next year..... :grin1:

LatrobePA
12-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Fire Arians and lets get on with the next year..... :grin1:

Cheers to that! :cope:

Stairwayto7
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Calling them out! I was honestly thinking the same thing, and hoping someone would. Not sure if it will work, but it cant hurt. Props to Woodley

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Why would NE, or Cincy care what Woodley says?

Moondog
12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Calling them out! I was honestly thinking the same thing, and hoping someone would. Not sure if it will work, but it cant hurt. Props to Woodley

:plus1: I thought the same thing. The NFL's players and coaches have a lot of big ego, it's good psychology to call the Bengals and Pats out on this. Like you said Stairway, it can not hurt....but at the same time it's too bad it's come down to the Steelers putting themselves in this crappy position.

Woodson_DownUnder
01-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Why would NE, or Cincy care what Woodley says?

The way I see it... LaMarr is just wanting to be heard to confirm the fact that neither are 'good enough' to face the Steelers... but he doesn't state that in exact words.. it's a comment for mindgames.

On the Bengals... they are just ONE WIN from their last FOUR... barely the momentum you'd want to carry into the play-offs... they'll be ONE & DONE if they don't harden up this week. So really, the Bengals are "Under the Pump" as we say (Down Under) when the pressure to WIN (for their own sake/ confidence) ... but they somewhat don't need to... who cares.. they ain't gonna win a VL trophy before the Steelers 7th so it's all hot air discussion. Steelers will get back 'with interest' next season.. :nahnah:

Let them suffocate in successive weeks... :yesnod: Gutless wimps.

steelersbabex25
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-bengalsapproach123109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

..well we know Ochocinco doesn't want to lay down..

beaver688
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
better beat miami first

Dean Denton
01-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Fire Arians and lets get on with the next year..... :grin1: Why fire Arians? It was Dick's Def getting burnt in 5, thats right 5 of those 4th quarter leads. I think more of the blame falls on that Def.....

Steel Trap86
01-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Why fire Arians? It was Dick's Def getting burnt in 5, thats right 5 of those 4th quarter leads. I think more of the blame falls on that Def.....

Arians is a ****ing tool, it doesn't matter how the offense is doing this season. His game plans are terrible, and we just got sacked 9 times and scored a low of 6 points against the BROWNS, that's not good coaching. if we had won that game this whole thread would be a non-issue. He may not get fired right away, but he's in the hot seat.

and they would never fire LeBeau.

--- Added 1/2/2010 at 03:26 AM ---

Injury reports are out:

The Week 17 injury reports are out, and here’s a look at some of the notable developments among teams fighting for or headed to the postseason:

* The Ravens listed WR Derrick Mason (knee), S Ed Reed (groin) and LB Terrell Suggs (thigh) as questionable for Sunday’s game in Oakland. Reed, who has been out of action since Nov. 29, was limited in practice the last two days. Mason, meanwhile, missed two days of practice but returned Friday in a limited role.

* Patriots DE Ty Warren (ankle) and DT Vince Wilfork (foot) are both questionable for Sunday’s game against the Texans. Wilfork missed the previous two games. Both players were limited in practice all week.

* The Texans listed DT Shaun Cody (knee) and LB Brian Cushing (foot, ribs) as questionable. Cushing has been a regular on the injury report but played each week.

* Steelers S Troy Polamolu (knee) is questionable

DBR96A
01-02-2010, 05:32 AM
Laying down...oh, you mean like what the defense did in five of our seven losses this season?

LatrobePA
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Laying down...oh, you mean like what the defense did in five of our seven losses this season?

Ouch, but true!:rant2:

STEELER 4 LIFE
01-03-2010, 12:09 AM

I also think the bungles have not been playing well of late.I'm sure they would like to go into the playoffs on a good note....a win.

:crossfingers: Hopefully they will both play to win :crossfingers:

DIESELMAN
01-03-2010, 07:39 AM
I hope they do lay down, we don't deserve to make the playoffs. At least they have that choice, win or lose they are in. Sad to say, we were 6-2 at one point this season, actually looking like contenders and defending SB champs. I blame the whole team and coaching staff for being complacent, lazy and playing with no heart.

LarryNJ
01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
we don't deserve to make the playoffs. At least they have that choice, win or lose they are in. Sad to say, we were 6-2 at one point this season, actually looking like contenders and defending SB champs. I blame the whole team and coaching staff for being complacent, lazy and playing with no heart.

:plus1: Losing to who we did not once once but multiple times there's really no other explaination.

Clevelandsux
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
And that's exactly what they did. Especially cinci.