PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu/Ward Expected to Play This Week

steelersbabex25
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
The regular-season finale is coming this weekend and the Pittsburgh Steelers are hoping to have two of its stronger players back in action for it. Strong safety Troy Polamalu(notes) and wide receiver Hines Ward(notes) are apparently getting closer to being able to take the field and it is possible that they'll be out there come Sunday when the team takes on the Miami Dolphins, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.

Ward has hamstring injuries in both legs. But coach Mike Tomlin seems to think he has a better chance of making it back for this weekend than Polamalu, who has missed six straight games because of a strained posterior collateral ligament. In the past two days, the safety has done some running so there is a chance he'll be in there against the Dolphins.

"The door's not closed on him participating, Tomlin said of Polamalu.

Hopefully they'll both be healthy enough to play...we'll probably need them. :yellowthumb:.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Steelers-Polamalu-HInes-expected-back-this-wee?urn=nfl,211174

JensK
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
So I'm actually kind of confused by this, because the title is that they're expected to play, but the article sounds more like there's a chance they could play? Either way :yellowthumb:.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Steelers-Polamalu-HInes-expected-back-this-wee?urn=nfl,211174

I just think you should change the title to: Expected to dress for the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I'll believe Troy is on the field when I see it...as for Ward I have no doubt he'll be out there unless he's on crutches..lol

jpele
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Hines Ward: It was awesome beating the Ravens, what a way to end the Christmas week. We are headed to Miami with one goal WINNING. I'm a little banged up but I going to go down fighting and leave it on the field. I have all the off season to heal, so I plan to finish the year strong. If we get in the playoff watch out.

From facebook

Zachintosh66
12-30-2009, 08:13 PM
i trust Hines will play... i doubt Troy will

JensK
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
i trust Hines will play... i doubt Troy will

Honestly, at this point i would rather he did not. Apparently that knee was banged up more than we all thought, including him, so just rest the damn thing, so he'll be ready next year. Besides, if (big if) we should get into the post-season, we'll need him there big time.

Zachintosh66
12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah Jensk, they shoulda just IR'd him

unless somehow we somehow sneak n to the postseason

jpele
12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Polamalu unlikely to play for Steelers Sunday
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09364/1024651-100.stm#ixzz0bDnDJjHn

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Tomlin should have come clean about this weeks ago..if your initial prognosis was "overly optimistic" then you should have told everyone in a press conference that "hey, Troy's knee is worse than we thought, we don't know if he'll be able to go at all the rest of the year". Instead you drag everybody along week to week, making us all believe he might be back. That being the case, and Troy saying the healing time is what he was told originally then Tomlin should have IR'd him and we could have picked up somebody that was atleast halfway decent. Honestly we couldn't have done any worse than what we have done. Carter is terrible in pass coverage but a good tackler vs the Run..and Clark, well he's been out of position as much as anybody this year.

Steel Trap86
12-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Steelers S Troy Polamalu practiced in a limited role for the first time in seven weeks, although it seems unlikely that he will play Sunday in Miami. Polamalu has missed 10 full games and most of two others because of two left knee injuries. He said it would be difficult to play after just a few days of practice following such a long layoff. ... LB James Farrior (not injury related), DE Brett Keisel (neck), G Chris Kemoeatu (wrist), DE Travis Kirschke (calf) and WR Hines Ward (hamstring) all missed practice Wednesday. LB Rocky Boiman (calf) and RB Willie Parker (shoulder) were limited.

Polamolu is doubtful

LatrobePA
12-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Should of IR'd him and used the roster spot!! I could see hanging on if we were a sure lock in the PO's. This was a dumb move IMO!

75Steeler
12-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I think that I see a little of the Steelers from last year in this team. They are starting to take pride and support each other. Too bad it is almost too late for this season. It will take a miracle now just to get into the playoffs. :imho: