PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

Zachintosh66
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Just got a text from Twitter saying James Harrison is a Starter and Casey Hampton is a reserve.

Cant confirm or deny either, as of yet...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-29-2009, 08:10 PM
got the same message from songwhale...Harrison starter and Hampton reserve

Big T
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Ya well Tom Zbikowski is an alternate so it just shows you how much of a complete joke the pro bowl voting system is

one player that should be going is Santonio Holmes...he's third in the NFL in recieving yards...but he won't because he's not a big name guy....

Another is LaMarr Woodley...6th in the NFL in sacks but he's not a big name either...

Zachintosh66
12-29-2009, 08:51 PM
i agree on holmes and woodley

TampaSteelGirl
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Pisses me off no Heath again!!!!! :banging:

Dean Denton
12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm more pissed that Ben's not going. And what about Troy. Clearly there isn't a better SS in the league.

TampaSteelGirl
12-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm more pissed that Ben's not going. And what about Troy. Clearly there isn't a better SS in the league.

Considering Troy missed 10 games....he wouldn't go I wouldnt' think but Ben having one of the highest QB ratings and at one time he was #1....Steeler haters! :grin1:

Zachintosh66
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Im glad Troy didnt make it... what did he play 3-4 games... yeah hes "one of the best SS"

but not healthy enuff to warrant a PB selection this year...

--- Added 12/29/2009 at 08:11 PM ---

Chances are that Payton, Brady or Rivers will make the SB. So that should open the door to Ben or Matt Shaub both have similar stats with Matt throwing a few more yards.

It would be nice to see Holmes (or Ward) get a nod as well...

Heath wont ever make it in as long as Clark and Gates are still healthy and in the AFC... even if he his one of the "best all-around" players at his position... :(

--- Added 12/29/2009 at 08:15 PM ---

I thought Kiesel had a hell-of-a-year as well, but wont get any DE love b/c hes in the 3/4 scheme (took aaron smith several stellar yrs to get in)

Would also love to get Woodley in as I said earlier.

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Yaaaaawwn Pro Bowl in Miami!! It's a joke anyway who cares!

Dylan
12-29-2009, 11:06 PM
I think Woodley should have made it. He's kind of in the shadow of Harrison.

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 11:08 PM
For sure Miller, that's f'd up!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Steelers fans always crack me up when feeling our players got snubbed from the Pro-Bowl.....Only three QB's can go and you know every year that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will have two spots.......So that leaves one spot and with Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub putting up numbers as well it was going to be hard for Ben to make it....Rivers deserves but I do think Ben does to but its a number game.....Nothing wrong with three that made it.....Just sucks for Ben...

Only 4 WR's can make it......I agree Holmes is deserving as well.....But again a numbers game...Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne will make it every year.....Wes Welker and Brandon Marshall are having very good years as well....I just don't which one would be bumped for Holmes.......

Heath Miller?....Come on that is just a joke.......Dallas Clark had the number 1 spot locked up of the two that can make it.....I think Gates is deserving over Miller.....

I agree Woodley is the biggest snub and should have made it.......

Forged in Steel
12-29-2009, 11:37 PM
There is no way in hell Tom Brady should have made it! Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger were the best choices. I'm not being biased on Roethlisberger either.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
There is no way in hell Tom Brady should have made it! Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger were the best choices. I'm not being biased on Roethlisberger either.

Mainning and Brady will always receive a ton of votes from the fans.....which is 1/3 of the process of making the Pro Bowl.....Players and coaches across the NFL will always pick these two as well which is also part of the process....Its sad but true.....Plus Brady is having a really good year coming off an serious knee injury...I hate the guy but just stating a fact.....

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 11:41 PM
"Steelers fans always crack me up", that comment cracks me up! WTF!

I guess it's wrong to vote for your favorite STEELERS PLAYER??????????? Get the f out out of here man!

steelersbabex25
12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I agree with Heath Miller also, but Heath Miller is like Aaron Smith. To us, Aaron Smith is one of the best defensive linemen in the game, but fans from other teams don't even know who he is. Heath Miller is very underrated, but he's also pretty unknown around the league. Harrison is really popular because he was defensive player of the year last year, so of course he's going to get a lot of votes. We feel that more players from our team should get in than do, but unfortunately, Steelers fans aren't the only ones that vote :(. Whatever, it's just the probowl anyway.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2009, 12:03 AM
"Steelers fans always crack me up", that comment cracks me up! WTF!

I guess it's wrong to vote for your favorite STEELERS PLAYER??????????? Get the f out out of here man!

You get the **** out of here....I never said you couldn't vote for you favorite player ....Just stated that I always find it funny when our fan base thinks our players get snubbed.....Christ both Clark and Gates has more TD's, catches and yards then Heath Miller.....by the way I voted for Miller to but I don't think he got snubbed by no means.....lol Both Clark and Gates are very deserving of going to the Pro Bowl.......Only two can go.....

I voted for Ben but I don't think he got snubbed.....Manning, Brady, and Rivers had very good years as well and deserve to go......

Its cool to see our players make it but really if they don't it really doesn't effect me.....to the point to be enraged about it....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2009, 12:13 AM
The AFC just has too many super stars for the Steelers to get that many bids for the offense. Yeah Ben should have went, but considering that 5 game skid didn't help him any, but overall our players do well but the Wayne's, Brady's, Manning's, etc. will always get the nod. I would like to see Heath make it though, Dallas Clark is a beast but Heath should go as well, he's every bit as good as Gates is, period!

Wood should have definitely got in; Troy didn't play enough games to warrant a pro bowl bid. You can make a case for Holmes too but there just isn't enough spots to go around.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2009, 12:25 AM
The AFC just has too many super stars for the Steelers to get that many bids for the offense. Yeah Ben should have went, but considering that 5 game skid didn't help him any, but overall our players do well but the Wayne's, Brady's, Manning's, etc. will always get the nod. I would like to see Heath make it though, Dallas Clark is a beast but Heath should go as well, he's every bit as good as Gates is, period!

Wood should have definitely got in; Troy didn't play enough games to warrant a pro bowl bid. You can make a case for Holmes too but there just isn't enough spots to go around.

I voted for Heath since I do vote with my heart....I'm a homer as well....But I don't think Heath is anyway near the weapon Gates is....Sorry but Gates has more yards, catches, and TD's....Plus Gates has been a beast for years....I don't want to hear about Heath's blocking....I stick by my statement the last few years that Miller's blocking has declined since his rookie year....Miller is a solid TE but I just don't think he is elite and I would take Gates over Miller......Really Miller only had a shot this year due to the fact Tony G switched conferences........

Woodley not making it is really the only issue......

Zachintosh66
12-30-2009, 12:46 AM

What about Matt Schaub? He had a better Comp %, Passing Yds, TD's, better QB Rating and took almost half of the sacks... of Ben.

--- Added 12/29/2009 at 10:46 PM ---

This seems to be a hot topic... i posted a poll to see who we think was the biggest steelers snub

75Steeler
12-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Pisses me off no Heath again!!!!! :banging:

:plus1: I thought for sure Heath would have gotten in this year!

TEEMONT
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not being biased on Roethlisberger either.

lol...yes you are

ejsteeler
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
The pro bowl is a joke anyway. Who gives a crap who makes it. the only plus it held was a paid vacation to Hawaii and now thats gone. I bet the players could give two sh!ts about it..

Danger DANJ
12-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Screw the Pro Bowl! The stupidest thing about the voting is that you can start voting way too early. You shouldn't be able to vote until after the season is over. And on top of that, I don't think fans should even get a vote because most just vote for whoever is popular anyway. So, whatever!

coldrolled
12-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Screw the Pro Bowl! The stupidest thing about the voting is that you can start voting way too early. You shouldn't be able to vote until after the season is over. And on top of that, I don't think fans should even get a vote because most just vote for whoever is popular anyway. So, whatever!

The Super Bowl players in the Pro bowl cant even make the game. it just became more dumb...

franchise3
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Heath Miller is very underrated, but he's also pretty unknown around the league.

He is unknown only to those who never watched a Steelers game because it is pretty obvious that the whole stadium is yelling "Heath, Heath" every time he touches the football...

steelersbabex25
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
That doesn't mean that fans from other teams know him.. because he is unknown. If you ask any given football fan who they think are the best TEs in the NFL, they'll say Antonio Gates, Dallas Clark, Jason Witten, but only the Steelers fans would recognize Heath Miller. That's just the way it goes.

Zachintosh66
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM
We should be happy Tony Gonzo is now in the NFC or Heath would be farther down the list...