PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Colts...

Clevelandsux
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Lose in the playoffs. They totally let the Jets beat them yesterday. I doubt Cincy puts up much of a fight either vs the Jets, especially if the scenero means playing us in the playoffs.

I know, I know we dug our own grave, but the Colts had an opportunity to go undefeated and choose not to play yesterday. That qb had about as much experience as you or I does.

Azzurri
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree. I've always liked Manning's Colts as one of my secondary teams to root for...but now I hope they get clipped in their first playoff game. That loss to the Jets left a sour taste in my mouth, even though I know the Steelers' fate rested in their own hands all season and they blew it. I have no expectation that the Jets will lose to the lowly Bengals. My hope rests upon NE beating Houston and the Raiders taking out the Ravens. It's our best hope, I think.

Steel Trap86
12-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Rex was throwing the kitchen sink at Manning, all out blitzes and he wasn't even getting touched. They could have kept him in and upped the score to 22-10 and had a shot at staying undefeated. LOL as soon as Manning left the game, they just fell apart, even defensively.

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
You could tell looking on the Colts sidelines that all the starters that they did pull were very very pissed off and felt dejected and I cant blame them. There is no doubt in my mind that if Manning and the starters stay in that game and get one more score and go up 12 points that the Colts win that game. Painter the backup QB for the Colts was absolutely pathetic yesterday and was a complete disaster the first snap from scrimmage he took fumbling the ball that lead to a Jets defensive TD. From that point on the Jets never looked back and never trailed. The Colts gave the Jets a gift yesterday and for that reason alone I hope it comes back to bite both the Colts and Jets in the asses. The Colts in the playoffs obviously and the Jets next week who I hope dont win and get screwed by everybody else they need to lose winning...

NCSteeler
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope they never win again!! It complete disrespects the history of the game. There is a reason the 72 fins think so highly of themselves.

steelersbabex25
12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
The only reason anyone of us is mad about that is because they blew the Steelers probable chances of making the playoffs. Well, the Colts don't care if they blew our chances, they aren't playing for us, they're playing for what they think is best. Yeah, it disrespects what the game used to be about, but they're going to do what they want.

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
The only reason anyone of us is mad about that is because they blew the Steelers probable chances of making the playoffs. Well, the Colts don't care if they blew our chances, they aren't playing for us, they're playing for what they think is best. Yeah, it disrespects what the game used to be about, but they're going to do what they want.

Im with you on this one as well. It's not the Colts responsibility or any other teams' responsibility for that matter to play their best guys to help another team try and get into the playoffs. It was frustrating to see the Colts do it because it did have a major impact on the Steelers and their playoff chances but it's all water under the bridge now and there is nothing anybody can do about it now. The bottom line is the Steelers despite the Jets beating the Colts yesterday are still alive and still have I believe a reasonable shot of getting in the playoffs if they beat Miami. I could definitely see both the Texans and Ravens losing to the Patriots and the Raiders it's not a complete and total pipe dream to suggest either of those things happening...

NCSteeler
12-28-2009, 04:23 PM

I care a lto becasue they screwed us, but at eh same time I think it is the wrong thing to do. A lot sports is abotu the mojo, the mental edge. Caldwell just taught his team how to lose, besides the fact that his own teams history would tell you not to rest your players. And as far as what the game"used" to be about, really? Last I checked the game was about winning every game you play. It's the same as pulling a pitcher who is throwing a perfect game, well becasue we wrapped it up and didn't need to win. It's just plain crap, bad move. I hope it bites em in the ***.

steelersbabex25
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
All I was saying was that nobody would care nearly as much about the Colts doing what they did if they were playing the Redskins, or some team that had no effect on the Steelers. It's just frustrating for Steelers fans because if they won, our chances at the playoffs would be that much better.

beaver688
12-28-2009, 04:36 PM
football is fixed like every other sport if you want to beleive it or not everything can be fixed.

JensK
12-29-2009, 06:43 AM
All I was saying was that nobody would care nearly as much about the Colts doing what they did if they were playing the Redskins, or some team that had no effect on the Steelers. It's just frustrating for Steelers fans because if they won, our chances at the playoffs would be that much better.

I disagree (as i wrote somewhere else)... As a Steelers fan, you cant be mad at this, because we had our chance, and blew it a long time ago. As an NFL fan, you should be furious.

LarryNJ
12-29-2009, 08:57 AM
If they win the Super Bowl it will go down as a good move. If they lose another game it will all come back to this game. It doesn't matter if it had any effect on them losing or winning. Going unbeaten means NOTHING winning the Super Bowl means everything.

After the Pats lost to the Giants many people said it was because the Pats showed them too much, showed them how to beat them the last game of the year when it meant nothing to the Pats except to be undefeated.

I feel sorry for all the fans of the Colts. They spent big money to watch a game and maybe be part of history, to only get to see what amounted to a 3rd pre season game. For this reason and that I think Manning is the best QB I've ever watched I'll probably be pulling for them to win it all.

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Colt fans are pissed, one life long fan took his customized plates off his car! lol