PDA

View Full Version : Kemoeatu more valuable than you might have realized

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Zachintosh touched on it in another thread and it got me thinking; if there was any doubt that this kid is a pretty damn good OL, there should be alittle bit of that doubt erased now. The last couple weeks that he's been out, the line hasn't run blocked near as well and Ben has gotten clobbered more than usual ( and that's saying something). I know, he's not the best Guard in the league, but the dude can pull like there's tomorrow and he's got that nasty streak in him that makes his presence on the line all the better.

Foster is a scrapper, give him credit for doing his best, but we miss Kemo. Our OL was getting better as the year went on, we've seen the progress. In the last 3 games Ben has gotten sacked 17 times, and that's never a good sign. Just something to think about, in this season that most of us would rather forget up until these last 2 weeks...

scott0326
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Very good point. I think where the Steelers miss Kemo the most is the "pulling play" where he "Pulls" for Mendenhall. Foster just cant do it like Kemo does.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Many were calling for his head coming into this year, basically giving up hope on him but to his credit he's been pretty stable for us and has gotten better as the year went on. Our line is far from perfect and it needs work yet, but he's been pretty solid and it's clear how much we miss him right now.

steelcityrockers
12-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Eh, Ramon Foster has actually been pretty good when Ive paid attention to him. Today the tackles, especially Colon seemed to get beat more.

JensK
12-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Foster held his own pretty well, in pash-rush, but he does not get the same push as Kemo at all on in the run game, and he does not play the counter very well. Obviously, the guy is a rookie, and an undrafted one at that, so i think he did ok, not great, but ok.

steelersbabex25
12-28-2009, 09:40 AM
I also think Foster was good for being a rookie out there. It hurts when we are running the pull plays when Kemo pulls to the right side of the line to open up the holes for Mendenhall, but Foster did what he could. Still hope we see Kemo again soon though.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-28-2009, 10:38 AM
You all make good points, IMO with a good OL coach we could have a pretty good line, hell the patch line we have had over the last few months protected Dixon good enough that the Rats had no sacks against us the first time we played them, I believe it's Coaching, Kemo is getting better, Foster did good the few times i seen him in some games, Urbik is a huge ? mark right now but he get's a pass because it's his first year, Hill i don't know about him,Stapleton should get a chance at center because Hartpig sucks bad, both guards are helping him out to much, an he get's blowed off the ball constantly.......IMO.