PDA

View Full Version : Wallace continues to make splash plays; WR's in good hands

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Wallace is becoming such a clutch player, I mean that dude makes some seriously crazy plays. The catches he made today were huge yet again; we can be thrilled with his potential and with Ward coming into the twilight of his career, we know we've got atleast 2 prospects ready to carry the torch, in Holmes & Wallace. Now if we just can just get Sweed to.....well ok, I digress.

harpo
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I totally agree. I've said since day one that Mike Wallace is the "steel" (steal) of the 2009 draft. So far, he's not disappointed me. :tt02:

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Wallace is one of the best wide recievers I've seen on this team..for a rookie atleast. He understands when he sees the ball and is able to go up and fight for it, he sees the field well..not to mention his unbelievable quickness. This kid is going to be absolutely great in a year or 2.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Hines is good for another year or 2 at this rate, and even this late in his career the dude is still as clutch as it gets and is still better than 90% of the WR's in the game today. Toss in Heath Miller who is absolute money every time they throw him the ball, and Ben has weapons at his disposal the likes of which previous Steeler QB's has never seen.

Big T
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Steal

Stairwayto7
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Hines will only benefit from Holmes and Wallace being on this team, this will help stretch his career for that, couple more seasons!

LatrobePA
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Can't wait to get my # 17 jersey! Dude is badass!

scott0326
12-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Can't wait to get my # 17 jersey! Dude is badass!

Same here, Im loving this kid.

cmerrifield
12-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Now, I know many of you wont think this will happen, but imagine if Sweed lives up to his potiential and starts making plays like people thought he could, we could have some serious 4 WR sets next year. 4,000 yard seasons for Ben will become the norm and not the exception.

DanRooney
12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Now, I know many of you wont think this will happen, but imagine if Sweed lives up to his potiential and starts making plays like people thought he could, we could have some serious 4 WR sets next year. 4,000 yard seasons for Ben will become the norm and not the exception.

You guys still exist? :lol:

You're almost like delusional Redskins fans that think Jason Campbell would be a good QB if he had a decent o-line.

cmerrifield
12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
You guys still exist? :lol:

You're almost like delusional Redskins fans that think Jason Campbell would be a good QB if he had a decent o-line.

Listen, did you ever see Sweed play in college, he was the man. His problem isnt running routes, or just being lost out there, the problem is with concentration and his hands. A problem he didnt have at Texas. Therefore, yes it makes sense that he will overcome those problems and become a good WR for us. And you arent always right either, now that Woodley has 12 sacks and came up big yesterday, where is you Woodley nickname. I dont blast you for saying your crap, dont be a jerk about mine.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
The Steelers will not give up on Sweed, he's been on the team for 2 years now and yeah he's struggled but you don't give up on a 2nd round pick (who could have easily been a 1st round pick) that quick. He's got a lot of work today, he's got natural talent but he just doesn't seem to stay focused out on the field. He runs the wrong routes, doesn't look the ball into his hands, and just generally needs to get his head out of his ***.

He'll have his chance to make a contribution on this team but with Wallace coming on strong this year, he's going to have an uphill battle. You can't have enough good WR's on a team these days.

Goodfrom55
12-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I just hope Sweed doesn't turn out to be another Lee Mays and hang around for 8 years and do nothing.

DanRooney
12-29-2009, 05:25 AM
I really don't see a pressing need for him to pan out anyway. Wallace is doing just fine. I mean are any of you guys seriously going to trust Sweed replacing Ward in the future?

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Sweed won't be back!

JensK
12-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh yes he will. He will be back for at least another year, probably two, because thats when hes contract is up. As of right now, he has NO trade value what so ever, and he does not really cost anything on our salery, so he will be back, no doubt about it.

coldrolled
12-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Sweed won't be back!

Sweed, Redman, Summers, Gay, Lewis, Bennett will be back...

they may be our future players, their not part of our problem this year...

they need time, they may bomb later but they should get another year or two.

Mason dropped a beauty... this week. i bet he plays next week. i loved that play.

:yellowthumb: