PDA

View Full Version : Ben over 4000 yds; Mendenhall over 1000 yds...and more!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:18 PM
So lost in the flury of this crazy season, filled with ups and downs and tons of heartache, we have quietly been putting together an offense season for the record books.

Big Ben is the first QB in Steelers history to throw for over 4000 yds in a season.
Mendenhall goes over 1000 yds rushing for the season.
Heath Miller's receptions put him over 70 for the year, also a team record.
Ward, Holmes, both with 1000 yds receiving.

So while this season hasn't been what we wanted too, and yeah we're still alive as of now, the offense has quietly and boy to I mean quietly LOL, put together some nice numbers.

ejsteeler
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
It's all good, but falling short of the playoffs will sour the taste...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
oh there's no doubt, if we don't make the playoffs it will suck. If we do manage to get in there's no guarantee we'll do anything beyond the first round. We can atleast tip our hats that the team has rallied together, and inspite of themselves they still have a pulse. For all the shortcomings of Bruce Arians, and the horrible self inflicted penalties, bad calls, and everything else, the offense still shows signs of life.

Zachintosh66
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
yeah but the defense cant make simple tackles...

DanRooney
12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Problem with the offense is they can't score in the redzone.

The D has problems across the board.

UKSTEELER
12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Our offense pretty much sucked today!

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Our offense pretty much sucked today!

They didn't suck..they just didn't turn red zone possesions into touchdowns most of the time..but thats nothing new. They gave the minimal amount to win the game. A wins a win.

NCSteeler
12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd trade yards records for scoring records any day. This Offense just can not convert RZ possessions. It's ridicules how bad they are in near the goal line. With no room for the play to break down and Ben to do his thing= no score. We got extremely lucky today, and I would hope the players play down these meaningless records in interviews.

Big T
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM
They play to the level of the competition...that's why, I believe, if they make the playoffs they could actually do some damage...Mostly if Troy is available of course

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Let's not forget too, Logan broke the Steelers single season record for return yards as well, passing the mark set by Ernie Mills.

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Logan is better than most people give him credit for, he's one of the better return men that this team has seen..the best if you're looking only at yards. Things like these that remind me of Santonio Holmes fumbling every kickoff a few years ago..

scott0326
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
This is probably one of the best Steelers offenses in a while. 4000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, two 1000 yard receivers. The problem however is, they CANNOT score TD's in the red zone, its getting ridiculous.

Moondog
12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
They play to the level of the competition...that's why, I believe, if they make the playoffs they could actually do some damage...Mostly if Troy is available of course

That's the quote of the year: "They play to the level of the competition" which is why the Steelers are in this predicament in the first place. For a veteran team, they had no business going into those "easy" games so unfocused and lackadaisical. Good teams take care of business against inferior competition. One thing I'll say about the Ravens, they don't mess around with inferior competition, they lambast them. If the Steelers take care of business against even one of those teams (Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Bears), their fate would be in their hands. I know...coulda, woulda, shoulda....still sucks though.

Zachintosh66
12-27-2009, 10:53 PM
My fav quote still is: "it is what it is" Mike Tomlin

--- Added 12/27/2009 at 08:53 PM ---

UPDATE: couldnt help it had to make a new sig...

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
My fav quote still is: "it is what it is" Mike Tomlin

Hahahaha. That will always be the best.
"Coach Tomlin! What do you think about todays lose?"
"It is what it is."

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
For all the records does not speak well for the possibility of Arians getting fired...that really sucks!!

Woodson_DownUnder
12-28-2009, 03:09 AM
So lost in the flury of this crazy season, filled with ups and downs and tons of heartache, we have quietly been putting together an offense season for the record books.

Big Ben is the first QB in Steelers history to throw for over 4000 yds in a season.
Mendenhall goes over 1000 yds rushing for the season.
Heath Miller's receptions put him over 70 for the year, also a team record.
Ward, Holmes, both with 1000 yds receiving.

So while this season hasn't been what we wanted too, and yeah we're still alive as of now, the offense has quietly and boy to I mean quietly LOL, put together some nice numbers.

Dandy records... who really cares for..

the PLAY-OFFS are clearly the real deal not fancy numbers. I'm quite dissappointed that these numbers = no division title, yet alone FIVE consecutive loses in a rOW! :nono: :willybs:

Not happy Jan. :evilshake::rant2::cursin:

Stick those numbers where the sun don't shine..

UKSTEELER
12-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Any team that has a talented set of recievers, a quality qb, and throws the ball the vast majority of the time is going to have some healthy numbers.

1000 yards rushing for a rb, is no given, but it's not all that special.

What use were all those gaudy stats when we couldn't do jack all second half?

If Arians survives this offseason, i'm gonna be violently sick!!

Props to Logan, best return guy we've had for eons, hope he can take one for 6 next week, as that would be just deserts.

Go Steelers!

LatrobePA
12-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Logan proved his worth....Keeper!!

Sir Blitzelot
12-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Logan proved his worth....Keeper!!

I agree, and he is only going to improve. He provides a much needed spark to the return game, and is a big play threat whenever he has the ball in his hands.

coldrolled
12-28-2009, 01:33 PM
For all the records does not speak well for the possibility of Arians getting fired...that really sucks!!

28% 3rd down effeciency. Arians cant get those 3rd downs done. he never really has.
Ben saves most of the 3rd downs we make by him just being ben.

id like to see the stat on the 28% we do make and how many are ben's magic plays to get that 28% complete.

then arians 3rd down conversion percentage would really look bad. he has to go.

:imho:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-28-2009, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=steelersbabex25;326856]Logan is better than most people give him credit for, he's one of the better return men that this team has seen..the best if you're looking only at yards.

Not to mention he set a record for return yards for us yesterday, when they block for him he can make things happend....on a side note we haven't given up a return since Madison been back either:yesnod:

Silverback
12-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't really think Logan's that good, he has lots of yards because of the offense, and a porous defense (52 KR's vs. 28 PR's). Hes extremely quick, but he never seems to have patience to set up blocks to take one to the house. He still has no td's if I'm not mistaken. I know our specials are satisfactory at best but I just haven't seen anything 'special' that really good guys have returning the ball.

Zachintosh66
12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Logan drives me nuts b/c he always runs to the short side of the field