PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the NFL Ziggy Hood

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Congrats to the big rookie for coming up big today with his first NFL sack and first INT, he was charlie on the spot today.

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
All his big plays were clutch too. He got the sacks when he needed, he got the int when he needed (even though the int wouldn't have really mattered.) I approve of this draft pick Steelers management. :yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Props to Ziggy, we need someone to step up!

Woodley was a beast when needed, again today

DanRooney
12-27-2009, 04:14 PM
James Harrison MIA again.

ejsteeler
12-27-2009, 04:16 PM
There's the young blood we need on this defense.....

Stairwayto7
12-27-2009, 04:20 PM

Considering that we was listed as Questionable, and he did have a big forced fumble, I didn`t think he had a horrible game

HUNT4SEVEN
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Like someone said in the forum earlier, it was the Ziggy Hood and Woodley show today

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM

He was playing on a bad arm today and still managed to get pressure. He wasn't MIA by any means, but Wood was able to step up and help out in a big way like he's done all year.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
All his big plays were clutch too. He got the sacks when he needed, he got the int when he needed (even though the int wouldn't have really mattered.) I approve of this draft pick Steelers management. :yellowthumb:

I agree once he learns the system, an plays without thinking he will be a beast on the line for us....

ejsteeler
12-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Did anyone else see when James got held so bad his feet came out from under him? I almost lost it screaming at the TV.....:lol:

UKSTEELER
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Credit where it is due, The Wood brought it today, by far his best game of the year.

Yep well done Ziggy, impressive and he was always around the ball.

Big T
12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Props to Ziggy but he didn't have an INT...he caught the LaMarr Woodley forced fumble...still great game

scott0326
12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Ziggy and Woodley were both huge today.. Very nice to see, its nice to finally see Ziggy doing something.

JensK
12-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Props to Ziggy but he didn't have an INT...he caught the LaMarr Woodley forced fumble...still great game

He did have an INT - it was a heads up play to get that ball after Woodley stripped it. Something pretty much all our defensive players have failed to do all year. I think Steelers are THE evidence that you its not enough to almost catch the ball to make the inteception :P

BlackGold4vr
12-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Ziggy is showing some improvement in his play. He was getting consistent pressure on passing downs and just missed another sack. I think he still needs to sure up his run defense but it will come. Eason didn't look too bad in that game either. With Smith coming back and Keisel, the only immediate need on the D-line is NT. With the potential loss of "Big Snack" we will need to pick-up a DT in this draft. Hoke can fill in while a new NT is broken in. One thing is certain, our defensive scheme will not work without a dominant man in the middle. Won't be surprised at all if we also pick-up another DE in the later rounds. We still have Ra'Shon Harris waiting in the wings as well.

75Steeler
12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Yep the Hood and Wood show looked good. I think the rookie wideout Tyler Grissom will be good also once he looses his NFL jitters. He cut across the middle and picked up that 14 or so yards and looked great. But then dropped that other pass. I think the drop may have been nerves cause of playing in the big show.

Goodfrom55
12-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Leave it up to a 310 lb lineman to make an INT because our secondary play like they're wearing oven mitts when they're trying to make an INT.

LatrobePA
12-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Leave it up to a 310 lb lineman to make an INT because our secondary play like they're wearing oven mitts when they're trying to make an INT.

cough cough Ike cough cough!