PDA

View Full Version : What Needs to Happen This Week

steelersbabex25
12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I realize there have been lots of threads on this..but this is what needs to happen this week for us to get in to the playoffs.

1. Denver needs to lose to Philly..pretty much a give in.
2. Indy needs to beat the Jets.
3. Miami needs to beat Houston. If Miami beats Houston and we beat Miami week 17, we would own the tiebreaker. If Houston wins, I believe they would need to lose week 17, leaving the possibility out of our hands.
4. Jacksonville needs to lose to NE.
5. We need to beat the Ravens, of course.

Playoffs are not completely out of sight..a few things just need to go our way. Hope they do..
GO STEELERS :cope:

P.S. here's a more detailed list of the playoff scanarios for the Steelers. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_658881.html

LatrobePA
12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Just win!

steelersbabex25
12-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Just win!

Yeah that too.:crossfingers:

Big T
12-24-2009, 04:41 PM
There is a good chance they actually make it.

steelersbabex25
12-24-2009, 04:42 PM
They need a lot of things to happen, but none of those things are totally unreasonable. It's not like we need the Lions to beat the Colts or anything..

steelerfan11
12-24-2009, 09:17 PM
2. Chargers need to beat the Jets tomorrow

The Chargers are playing the Titans tomorrow.

LatrobePA
12-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Indy needs to play all starters and beat the Jets!

steelersbabex25
12-24-2009, 09:30 PM
The Chargers are playing the Titans tomorrow.

Oh yeah you're right..misread that.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-25-2009, 05:40 PM
All of the scenarios in the world will not have anything to do with it if this team does not find some resolve , and win the remaining games on our schedule .
I do not think the season is over yet . Win is all there is left . That is where the hope lies . May the chips fall where they will anyway . Nail-biter , steelers by 2.

Zachintosh66
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I realize there have been lots of threads on this..but this is what needs to happen this week for us to get in to the playoffs.

1. Denver needs to lose to Philly..pretty much a give in.
2. Indy needs to beat the Jets.
3. Miami needs to beat Houston. If Miami beats Houston and we beat Miami week 17, we would own the tiebreaker. If Houston wins, I believe they would need to lose week 17, leaving the possibility out of our hands.
4. Jacksonville needs to lose to NE.
5. We need to beat the Ravens, of course.

P.S. here's a more detailed list of the playoff scanarios for the Steelers. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_658881.html

1. Pending
2. Pending
3. Nope... Houston won (hou plays NE next week)
4. Check
5. Check

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Bengals win today was actually big. Now, NE has to play for a higher seed next week, so they'll almost definitely play their starters and try to win the game.

Azzurri
12-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I believe here is the scenario for the Steelers to make the playoffs:

1. Denver must lose to Philly today (they trail 7-0)
2. Jets must lose to Indy (they trail 9-0)
3. Steelers must beat Miami next week
4. Houston must lose to the Patriots, OR Ravens lose to Raiders

Still very doable, but I'm a little worried about number 4. I wonder how all out the Pats will play for the 3rd seed. I actually think there's a better chance the Ravens lose AT Oakland rather than Houston losing at home against a New England team with little to play for.

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 05:12 PM
^^ yeah, that's pretty much it. Houston losing to New England is a little more realistic than Baltimore losing to Oakland, so I'm pulling for that.

Stairwayto7
12-27-2009, 05:22 PM
aLL THINGS CONSIDERED, A PRETTY GOOD WEEK

--- Added 12/27/2009 at 04:22 PM ---

^^ yeah, that's pretty much it. Houston losing to New England is a little more realistic than Baltimore losing to Oakland, so I'm pulling for that.

The raiders show up some weeks, but not every week

steelerzchick36
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
well we did all we could do!

Black and Gold for Life!!!!!

NYCsteelersfan
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
well we did all we could do!

Black and Gold for Life!!!!!

lol...no we didn't, that's why we're discussing what NEEDS to happen for us to make the playoffs instead of us simply owning the division like we should've against a very weak Baltimore and Cincinnati

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Neither Cincinnati nor Baltimore are very weak, that's why Cincinnati is leading the division.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
The pats are in the playoffs, I think a lot of it will come down too how much, if any the Pats can improve their positioning in the post season by winning next week. If they can't do any better they make sit some people.

NYCsteelersfan
12-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Neither Cincinnati nor Baltimore are very weak, that's why Cincinnati is leading the division.

If you genuinely believe that Cincinnati is not a weak team simply because they lead the division then you just don't know football.

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
No, I never said Cincinnati is a good team because they're leading the division. I said they're leading the division because they're a good team. You don't sweep teams like the Ravens and Steelers if you're a weak team.

NYCsteelersfan
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
You don't sweep teams like the Ravens and Steelers if you're a weak team.

Unless the Steelers and Ravens absolutely blow.

Using the Steelers as a measuring stick to say that Cincinnati is a good team is the equivalent of saying that the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns are all solid teams.

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
The Ravens and Steelers don't "absolutely blow". The reason you can't say that the Cheifs, Raiders, and Browns are good teams because they beat the Steelers, is because the Steelers are a very special kind of team. They're a kind of team that lets horrible teams beat them because they play to their opponents in a way thats unimaginable. Most teams in the NFL aren't like that.

NYCsteelersfan
12-27-2009, 06:06 PM
The reason you can't say that the Cheifs, Raiders, and Browns are good teams because they beat the Steelers, is because the Steelers are a very special kind of team. They're a kind of team that lets horrible teams beat them because they play to their opponents in a way thats unimaginable. Most teams in the NFL aren't like that.

You being serious?

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
No, I'm joking? :thinking:

scott0326
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Unless the Steelers and Ravens absolutely blow.

Using the Steelers as a measuring stick to say that Cincinnati is a good team is the equivalent of saying that the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns are all solid teams.
You are incorrect. Steelers do not absolutely blow, they play to the level of there opponent, they are a decent team that is very inconsistent.