PDA

View Full Version : Gay Benched?

J.OTSTOTT
12-24-2009, 02:34 AM
I been reading a rumor on NFL.com that gay was benched for Townsend? Anybody know if it's true?

DanRooney
12-24-2009, 02:53 AM
I been reading a rumor on NFL.com that gay was benched for Townsend? Anybody know if it's true?

We can only hope...

link?

KSSteelerfan
12-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Townsend is an upgrade IMO.....even a cheap suit could cover better than WG could.

DanRooney
12-24-2009, 07:38 AM
This guy needs to get cut. He's a complete bum. I'd rather have him gone than Arians.

Stairwayto7
12-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Benched, Cut is more like it. He has no business being on a pro roster. I don`t want to hear, IF TROY WERE HEALTHY he would be fine. Gay sucks. We should have paid McFadden

coldrolled
12-24-2009, 08:47 AM
This guy needs to get cut. He's a complete bum. I'd rather have him gone than Arians.

ouch.... hes a rookie, he should not be starting yet..... what has happened since ratliff left?? its been ugly. wheres mcfadden...

if arians stays longer our newer offensive players wont be staying to be a "steeler" at contract time. that will really hurt.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
I haven't heard anything of Gay being benched, but man if Tomlin has any sense he should absolutely make sure Townsend is starting. He can't possibly be that blind, to not see that Gay is digressing week after week.

jpele
12-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I'll believe it when I see it on game day.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09358/1023340-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

LatrobePA
12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Another Gay bashing! This is good news, but I doubt news that will scare the rats....

Stairwayto7
12-24-2009, 11:41 AM
ouch.... hes a rookie, he should not be starting yet..... what has happened since ratliff left?? its been ugly. wheres mcfadden...

if arians stays longer our newer offensive players wont be staying to be a "steeler" at contract time. that will really hurt.

???????? He isnt a rookie! And McFadden starts for Arizona???????????

jpele
12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
You have to ask,"What happened to Gay"? His on field play last year is one of the reasons McFadden was let go, now all of a sudden not only can't he cover or tackle,he can't seem to stay upright.

Stairwayto7
12-24-2009, 02:16 PM
You have to ask,"What happened to Gay"? His on field play last year is one of the reasons McFadden was let go, now all of a sudden not only can't he cover or tackle,he can't seem to stay upright.

This is true, even I thought, after watching Gay, that he was a legit starter, WRONG!

Clevelandsux
12-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't do that to me. I was getting filled with Hope!

ejsteeler
12-24-2009, 03:52 PM
OK, Townsend starting and Cory Ivy back.....lets see if the plan pans out......

steelersbabex25
12-24-2009, 04:25 PM
William Gay has been benched and will only play nickel situations. :)

Stlrs4Life
12-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Probably 14 weeks too late, but better than never.

cmerrifield
12-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Listen, Gay played so well last year when McFadden was hurt that he got to play every 3rd series after McFadden came back and McFadden was on the sidelines. You cannot blame the team for thinking or knowing he could do it. He is a GREAT CB off the bench and nickel situations, he must just, for whatever reasons, be able to start every game.

LatrobePA
12-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Troy has a way of making the worst DB look good!

KSSteelerfan
12-26-2009, 11:00 PM
One can only hope that this benching is the start of Gays ticket out of the Burgh....:crossfingers:

DBR96A
12-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Can you stop with all the Gay bashing, you homophobes?

Stairwayto7
12-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Listen, Gay played so well last year when McFadden was hurt that he got to play every 3rd series after McFadden came back and McFadden was on the sidelines. You cannot blame the team for thinking or knowing he could do it. He is a GREAT CB off the bench and nickel situations, he must just, for whatever reasons, be able to start every game.

Not blaming the Steelers for giving him the job, though I am blaming them for keeping him there!:rant2:

DanRooney
12-27-2009, 12:57 PM
One thing that's becoming a trend of Mike the Fraud Tomlin is his inability to make quick personnel decisions. It took 14 weeks to bench a guy who should have been cut week 7. Bruce should have also been gone midway through last year and now only is he rumored to be fired in the offseason. The clock is still ticking for Taunto Farrior and Tyrone Carter though...

JensK
12-27-2009, 12:59 PM
One thing that's becoming a trend of Mike the Fraud Tomlin is his inability to make quick personnel decisions. It took 14 weeks to bench a guy who should have been cut week 7. Bruce should have also been gone midway through last year and now only is he rumored to be fired in the offseason. The clock is still ticking for Taunto Farrior and Tyrone Carter though...

And just who would you put in, instead of Tyrone Carter?

steelersbabex25
12-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Just because Mike Tomlin doesn't make personnel changes..because he doesn't have any players to make changes with, doesn't make him a "fraud." :banging:

LatrobePA
12-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Just because Mike Tomlin doesn't make personnel changes..because he doesn't have any players to make changes with, doesn't make him a "fraud." :banging:

Not only that is was a Thursday game on a very short week, pretty hard to plug someone in in that time frame....Only fraud is Willie B Gay!

LatrobePA
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
One thing is for sure, Gay still sucks!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
At this point, it's true that we literally have nobody else to play DB; Tomlin has put everybody in that he can right now trying to find a combination that works. Gay sucked so he put in Townsend, who then had problems this week trying to cover. We're stuck with who we got this year, as bad as it is, so we just need to deal with it and hope to God that Tomlin makes some serious big time changes to our secondary next year.

LatrobePA
12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I agree, Heap destroyed them...Mason was wide the hell open too, good thing he and sweed had a lot in common that day!

steelersbabex25
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
But for someone who was supposed to be benched, Gay sure had a lot of playing time. Gay had ample opportunity to prove himself, and he didn't. I would have loved if Tomlin could let Townsend play more than he did.

I agree, Heap destroyed them...Mason was wide the hell open too, good thing he and sweed had a lot in common that day!Yeah. Don't know how in the world they put Gay on Heap in the endzone. Not the best play call..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Think of it this way guys; we don't have enough good DB's to go around to cover all the weapons of the opposing offense. If you put Taylor on what you think is the teams main go to guy, that leaves the rest of our fail DB's to cover the other guys and that means Gay will have to be on someone. Granted sticking him on Heap wasn't the best move but overall there just isn't enough good cover guys to keep everybody in check. It doesn't much matter who is on who anymore.

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
And just who would you put in, instead of Tyrone Carter?

My grandmother!

Ibleedblk&gld
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
ready for the season to end, so this bum is looking for a new job

JensK
12-29-2009, 09:37 AM
http://profootball.scout.com/2/926374.html

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Taylor isn't that good either!

coldrolled
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
But for someone who was supposed to be benched, Gay sure had a lot of playing time. Gay had ample opportunity to prove himself, and he didn't. I would have loved if Tomlin could let Townsend play more than he did.

Yeah. Don't know how in the world they put Gay on Heap in the endzone. Not the best play call..

Is it Gay? He was containing the WR all day... Stopping the big play... Where is the extra coverage in front of Mason while in route.... They threw to Mason all day, just like last year. But last year troy came across the front and got the INT yeah.. in front of the receiver.. Taylor was behind him right? It was then Game over..

Gay cant cover the WR from both sides????? We would need to do some double coverage on the main target "Mason" once in a while.. No?