PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Troy and Sunday's game?????

TampaSteelGirl
12-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I was wondering when we may know if Troy will play sunday? I heard the Ravens are missing a corner, possbily Ed Reed may be out. :dunno:

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
He had an MRI today B4 the PC, Tomlin said if it was positive there would be a chance he could play!

Zachintosh66
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
played in only 4 games this year... what a joke

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 05:50 PM
If he's waiting to be 100% then just IR him, I'm betting all the starters are at less than 100% right now.....

steelersbabex25
12-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I heard he was questionable.

Big T
12-22-2009, 06:44 PM
played in only 4 games this year... what a joke

You are calling Troy a joke?

Ambridge
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
If he's waiting to be 100% then just IR him, I'm betting all the starters are at less than 100% right now.....

Yeah!!......this cat and mouse game is ridiculous.
2 games left with a possible longshot at getting in the playoffs.

Troy either needs to get his *** out on the field or go on IR and just go home and make some more stupid Head & Shoulders Commercials.

How many weeks does a player need to figure out if he's going to play or not...especially when there's only two games left.
If Troy and or the Steelers are that damned concerned about reinjuring the knee then he should have went on IR weeks ago!!

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 07:14 PM

Doubt it...

Zachintosh66
12-23-2009, 12:12 AM

im gonna send him a new balancing board this offseason

Where is mr. miyagi when we need him?
http://pigmentations.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-miyagi.jpg

scott0326
12-23-2009, 04:38 AM
He needs to man up and play IMO, this is the most important game of the season thus far for Steelers, if there is anyway Polamalu can play, he should play.

Steel Trap86
12-23-2009, 05:52 AM
On NFL Network today they said that if Troy's MRI is positive he will play on Sunday. Ed Reed & Troy are both getting checked out tomorrow, both are questionable.

steelersgal86
12-23-2009, 08:24 AM
im gonna send him a new balancing board this offseason

Where is mr. miyagi when we need him?
http://pigmentations.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-miyagi.jpg

:rofl: http://thm-a02.yimg.com/image/806cfe59f13e3020

floodcitygirl
12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I know many of you disagree with me. Call me a homer if you want to....I think if Troy was well enough he would have already been in there. I believe he wants to play. I think he came back too soon the last time. Of course I want to see him in against the Ravens, BUT, I will be more than a little PO'd if he comes back in before he should, gets hurt worse, by some stroke we make the playoffs, and he can't play.....let alone the possibility of it effecting NEXT season. It stinks that we need him so bad, but we do, and not just for this season. :2cents:

SteelCityKid5
12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I like how people say man up on here. Hines Ward tried to man up against the Brown and was ineffective. It's not like he doesn't want to play. It's a serious knee injury and it limits what he can do. If the MRI is negative, then he should play.

igor0190
12-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I like how people say man up on here. Hines Ward tried to man up against the Brown and was ineffective. It's not like he doesn't want to play. It's a serious knee injury and it limits what he can do. If the MRI is negative, then he should play.

:plus1:

Totally agree. Are these people serious? Man up? Pretty ridiculous.
Obviously they've never had a knee injury.

LatrobePA
12-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Man the stuff people have a pissing war over out here is great!

75Steeler
12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm not thinking troy is enjoying his sideline time. So I think he will play if they clear him. This isn't just his decision!

TampaSteelGirl
12-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I know many of you disagree with me. Call me a homer if you want to....I think if Troy was well enough he would have already been in there. I believe he wants to play. I think he came back too soon the last time. Of course I want to see him in against the Ravens, BUT, I will be more than a little PO'd if he comes back in before he should, gets hurt worse, by some stroke we make the playoffs, and he can't play.....let alone the possibility of it effecting NEXT season. It stinks that we need him so bad, but we do, and not just for this season. :2cents:

:clap::clap::clap:
Exactly girl! it's not like Troy is sitting on the sideline for no reason, you think he;s been enjoying this defense going down the toilet??? Troy did come back too soon before. That was a horrible accident and injury and we are just lucky it didn't ruin his career, that was a dramatic bend in his knee...because of his shape and off season conditioning is the only reason he's even able to think about coming back this season...Give the guy a break!!

SteelersWoman
12-23-2009, 01:12 PM
...I think if Troy was well enough he would have already been in there. I believe he wants to play. I think he came back too soon the last time. Of course I want to see him in against the Ravens, BUT, I will be more than a little PO'd if he comes back in before he should, gets hurt worse, by some stroke we make the playoffs, and he can't play.....let alone the possibility of it effecting NEXT season. It stinks that we need him so bad, but we do, and not just for this season. :2cents:

:yellowthumb:

Totally agree. Are these people serious? Man up? Pretty ridiculous.
Obviously they've never had a knee injury.

I'm not thinking troy is enjoying his sideline time. So I think he will play if they clear him. This isn't just his decision!

...it's not like Troy is sitting on the sideline for no reason, you think he;s been enjoying this defense going down the toilet??? season...Give the guy a break!!

Iron City South
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Trade him!

Stlrs4Life
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Totally agree with ya fcg. And even worse, a career ending injury.

ejsteeler
12-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Trade him!

:hilarious:

TampaSteelGirl
12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Trade him!

:attention:

LatrobePA
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Troys MRI was very positive, but playing Sunday "iffy":

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Speeed
12-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah!!......this cat and mouse game is ridiculous.
2 games left with a possible longshot at getting in the playoffs.

Troy either needs to get his *** out on the field or go on IR and just go home and make some more stupid Head & Shoulders Commercials.

How many weeks does a player need to figure out if he's going to play or not...especially when there's only two games left.
If Troy and or the Steelers are that damned concerned about reinjuring the knee then he should have went on IR weeks ago!!

You do realize he does not make the decision to play or not play?

Danger DANJ
12-23-2009, 04:38 PM
He doesn't expect to play or practice and feels he needs a full week of practice before returning.

Link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g7xUg_ymYLfvmtyj_R2xi3ygioBQD9CP73NO3)

Steel Trap86
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Ed Reed might be out too, so that could even things up for Ben a little bit.

LatrobePA
12-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I was reading out there that Troy also likes to F with the Media....So who knows what will pan out for him this weekend!

Ambridge
12-23-2009, 07:20 PM
You do realize he does not make the decision to play or not play?

Wow!! That's an amazing first post. :clap: :rolleyes:

You do realize that Troy does have input on how he's feeling and on whether he thinks he can play or not??

Zachintosh66
12-23-2009, 08:33 PM

everybody was ineffective vs the browns...

--- Added 12/23/2009 at 06:33 PM ---

Ed Reed might be out too, so that could even things up for Ben a little bit.

lets hope ed's out...

steelers4life66
12-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Has anyone herd if Troy will be playing in the Miami game?? Last I herd he will, but that was a week or so ago.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Get his butt out there, I mean really it's been so long either sit him down for whatever is left of the season or get him out on the field. There is no tomorrow, nothing but win or watch as Tomlin puts it. Granted, the Dolphins got their asses handed to them yesterday by the Texans and it's not like Henne is Manning or Brady here. On paper we should beat this team regardless, but we all know how this year has gone and us beating anybody is no gimme at all, ever!

The damage is already done, it's too late to find somebody else to come in and help obviously, so at this point I say just get him out there. If he helps us win then great, if he doesn't, then we just realize even more how much our DB's blow!

LatrobePA
12-28-2009, 09:48 AM
We'll see later in the week if his body feels up to it!

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Troy is doing some running today, the "door isn't closed for him"!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Just got text that Troy ran straight line Mon and today...guess that means there is a remote possibility...

Zachintosh66
12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu may not be ready to play Sunday in Miami.
Polamalu, out for the last six games and most of a seventh with a left knee injury, began running in a straight line only Monday. He has yet to begun cutting, turning or twisting, moves needed to play in a game.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the five-time Pro Bowl player would be limited if he practices this week. Polamalu said recently he hoped to return for the Dolphins' game.

Because of two ligament injuries in the same knee, Polamalu has played only three full games this season -- all of which the Steelers (8-7) won.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4779141

LatrobePA
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Another link:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/29/tomlin-door-not-closed-on-polamalu/

Steel Trap86
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Steelers S Troy Polamalu practiced in a limited role for the first time in seven weeks, although it seems unlikely that he will play Sunday in Miami. Polamalu has missed 10 full games and most of two others because of two left knee injuries. He said it would be difficult to play after just a few days of practice following such a long layoff. ... LB James Farrior (not injury related), DE Brett Keisel (neck), G Chris Kemoeatu (wrist), DE Travis Kirschke (calf) and WR Hines Ward (hamstring) all missed practice Wednesday. LB Rocky Boiman (calf) and RB Willie Parker (shoulder) were limited.

Polamolu won't be playing

LatrobePA
01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
No Troy today!

coldrolled
01-03-2010, 12:48 PM
No Troy today!

thats good. no need to tear the ligament all the way and be out thru next year.

let it heal.

fire arians... :cursin:

LatrobePA
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
thats good. no need to tear the ligament all the way and be out thru next year.

let it heal.

fire arians... :cursin:

Maybe he'll be ready for the PO's!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Man **** on Troy since he is going to get hurt next year anyway so I think he should be out there.......