12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
is now a steeler...

Do you like this move?

JensK
12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Link please? :)

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
LOL, not a bad move, he didn't fit in with tommy boy maybe he'll find a fit here!

Sir Blitzelot
12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Link: http://www.steelers.com/article/116289/

I like this move, Galloway will add some solid depth to the position.

cmerrifield
12-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I think this is an ok move, he will be playing #4 as long as Ward plays.

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2009, 12:31 PM
This after they moved Sweed to the IR for a mysterious illness. I hate to say it but I believe the Limus Sweed experiment is over. I don't think he ever really was given a fair shot but thats just my opinion.

:2cents:

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 12:32 PM
This after they moved Sweed to the IR for a mysterious illness. I hate to say it but I believe the Limus Sweed experiment is over. I don't think he ever really was given a fair shot but thats just my opinion.

I'm with you! Wallace showing up put the squeeze on LS!

Danger DANJ
12-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Is it not possible Sweed is actually sick and that's why he never got another shot at playing time?

SteelCityKid5
12-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't see how it can hurt.

cmerrifield
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Sweed will be back next season, and will continue to improve. I think Sweed will be a Steeler for a long time to come.

coldrolled
12-22-2009, 12:42 PM

Maybe ward is hurt more than we know.??

jpele
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
The only game I saw Galloway play this year was against Buffalo and I'd take Limus over him. The fact that he is now a Steeler I hope his play improves if called upon.

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe ward is hurt more than we know.??

A lot of the players are really banged up, but I'm betting your right...

Zachintosh66
12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
This is a Galloway thread... im tired of hearing the what if's and maybe's concerning Sweed. Only thing he has caught is an illness... question is is it swine flu or and STD. :lol:

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
This is a Galloway thread... im tired of hearing the what if's and maybe's concerning Sweed. Only thing he has caught is an illness... question is is it swine flu or and STD. :lol:

hemorrhoids!

OC Steel Curtain
12-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Joeys reliable

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2009, 01:14 PM

It's all related. What more is there to say about Galloway? He is an over-the-hill terd who has been cut by most other teams in the league already. Even teams like Baltimore who is in desperate need of wide-outs has not seen the benefit of signing Joey. So lets not pretend we just stole a hidden gem. He was out there for anybody to have and nobody else wanted him. Whooooppppeeeeee!

:hilarious:

LatrobePA
12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
All he did in NE was drop balls, so he'll fill in nicely for Sweed! lol

Can Joey play DB?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
It makes sense from a depth standpoint; with Ward's hamstring limiting how much he can do and now Sweed on IR we need available bodies out there. He won't see all that much playing time but he certainly isn't any worse than what Sweed has been.

I do think Sweed will return next year, but I would highly suspect that 2010 will be his last chance. If he can't crack the starting lineup or atleast take advantage of his opportunities when he gets them, I doubt he'll make it past next season on our team.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-22-2009, 02:30 PM
What has Sweed done for this team since his arrival ? Even given the chance , he has never come through , even when the ball was thrown right in his hands . He made a nice defensive play in one game . Maybe he should become a db . Joey never did nothing for us either , but there is one big difference ...he never had a chance until now .
Put that in your pipe and smoke it !
Good move Steelers.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
What has Sweed done for this team since his arrival ? Even given the chance , he has never come through , even when the ball was thrown right in his hands . He made a nice defensive play in one game . Maybe he should become a db . Joey never did nothing for us either , but there is one big difference ...he never had a chance until now .
Put that in your pipe and smoke it !
Good move Steelers.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Nice comparison. One guy is a 15 year veteran who has been cut even from some bad teams and the other guy is a second year player who has had less than a dozen passes thrown to him EVER. Glad you don't work in our front office if this is how your reasoning works.

:yellowthumb:

Richmond Rukus
12-22-2009, 02:49 PM
This move definitely does not excite me by any means. We needed a body with Sweed's season ending, and he was unemployed, for a reason might I add. But we needed to bring someone in.

Big T
12-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice comparison. One guy is a 15 year veteran who has been cut even from some bad teams and the other guy is a second year player who has had less than a dozen passes thrown to him EVER. Glad you don't work in our front office if this is how your reasoning works.

Beautiful

TampaSteelGirl
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Link: http://www.steelers.com/article/116289/

I like this move, Galloway will add some solid depth to the position.

What???? Trust me I had to suffer thru watching Bucs games down here in Tampa and Galloway had a case of the dropsies just like Sweed...hope he proves me wrong but he had a few good years in Tampa but they got rid of him for a reason!!!!!! I'm not liking this move at all.....:evilshake:

DanRooney
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Yeah a 15 year vet who use to play at a pro bowl level and was cut from some bad teams like the Patriots who have 2 all-pro receivers in front of him, or a guy who has been thrown to less than a dozen times and has caught 3 passes for his career. Even when he was wide open, with nobody around him for sure TDs.

Did Limas rub your balls the right way? What's the deal? I've never seen so much love for an obvious garbage player/bust.

Stairwayto7
12-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Can Galloway play Corner??? If not then YAWN!

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah a 15 year vet who use to play at a pro bowl level and was cut from some bad teams like the Patriots who have 2 all-pro receivers in front of him, or a guy who has been thrown to less than a dozen times and has caught 3 passes for his career. Even when he was wide open, with nobody around him for sure TDs.

Did Limas rub your balls the right way? What's the deal? I've never seen so much love for an obvious garbage player/bust.

Why do you gotta go queer with this? Don't bring your orientation into the discussion. I would rather have a young player who has barely had a chance to play over an old player whose best years are in his rear view mirror. One has potential the other one does not. Sweed was a stud in college and helped Vince Young and the Longhorns win a national title. He has not had that many chances with us although I admit he has blown what few chances he has had. All it would take is one big splash play by Sweed and the sheep like you would be singin his praises. :yesnod:

JensK
12-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Since we already are talking about Sweed in this topic, i guess i'll post this here:

Tomlin mum on Sweed

The mystery involving Sweed grew yesterday with the announcement that not only was he placed on the non-football illness/injury list but because that "illness" has been kept hush-hush.

Sweed, who has been an enormous disappointment since the Steelers drafted him on the second round in 2008 after picking Mendenhall in the first round, has one catch this season for 5 yards -- against Cincinnati in the third game. He did not dress for five games, including Sunday's against the Packers after he missed all week with his undisclosed illness.

"I think it's appropriate right now that we say very little in regard to his personal issues," Tomlin said. "I will say this: It's a non-football illness. He has our full support. Anything else I say will be in regards to protecting his privacy."

Coaches normally do not refer to players who have a physical illness as having "personal issues."

I know it may be reading too much into to it, but it kinda sounds like something worse than just flu or something. Could be a depression just like Young had, when he couldnt pull his **** together...

NCSteeler
12-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Where's McDonald? Don't understand bringing in a guy that has to learn our system over a guy that has been thru camp and knows our plays.

coldrolled
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Where's McDonald? Don't understand bringing in a guy that has to learn our system over a guy that has been thru camp and knows our plays.

He caught every pass thrown to him in preseason, he had more yards than all the receivers in Preseason?? he is a mystery. maybe a bad attiude.. i always go with the Arians factor... he could have runed his confidence.

If arians is fired, i still see Summers and Sweed coming back with great years under a real OC.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Why do you gotta go queer with this? Don't bring your orientation into the discussion. I would rather have a young player who has barely had a chance to play over an old player whose best years are in his rear view mirror. One has potential the other one does not. Sweed was a stud in college and helped Vince Young and the Longhorns win a national title. He has not had that many chances with us although I admit he has blown what few chances he has had. All it would take is one big splash play by Sweed and the sheep like you would be singin his praises. :yesnod:
You got some serious issues dude. The front office thought it would be to our benefit to bring in a veteran player , that could help in our time of need . Maybe they should have brought in a player off the street , you would still bitch about that anyway . Being older does not mean you can not contribute . Instead of wishing him all the best luck , you just trash the team , for a move that they deemed an important need to make a run at the "chance" to defend their championship.
Sweed is not in college anymore , he is with the big boys now . Would he be the first player to be a bust in the NFL ? He has not shown he is a viable reciever in this league .Where do you get off saying he has not had many chances to prove himself .Every chance he ever had he blew it . Proof is in the pudding son .What team have you been watching him play on ? Texas ?

LatrobePA
12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
All this "queer" talk offends me, my dog may be gay! lol

TampaSteelGirl
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Joeys reliable

When?????? Maybe when Bucs won the Superbowl in 2002!! Trust me I live in Tampa and have seen him play....:evilshake:

--- Added 12/23/2009 at 10:58 AM ---

Agreed! I really liked McDonald! He impressed me a ton! :yellowthumb:

DanRooney
12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
You got some serious issues dude. The front office thought it would be to our benefit to bring in a veteran player , that could help in our time of need . Maybe they should have brought in a player off the street , you would still bitch about that anyway . Being older does not mean you can not contribute . Instead of wishing him all the best luck , you just trash the team , for a move that they deemed an important need to make a run at the "chance" to defend their championship.
Sweed is not in college anymore , he is with the big boys now . Would he be the first player to be a bust in the NFL ? He has not shown he is a viable reciever in this league .Where do you get off saying he has not had many chances to prove himself .Every chance he ever had he blew it . Proof is in the pudding son .What team have you been watching him play on ? Texas ?

Yep, he's an idiot :yellowthumb:

Rumor is that Sweed is "disappointed with his play this season" and "homesick." Get this piece of trash off our team.

coldrolled
12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Yep, he's an idiot :yellowthumb:

Rumor is that Sweed is "disappointed with his play this season" and "homesick." Get this piece of trash off our team.

yeah, we dont want a homesick texan, we want a crack smokin city boy....

lol

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
i don't know if he is on crack , or anything like that .I know for a fact that he has not performed in any way shape or form , when the ball came his way .He had his chances to contribute , and did not . I say make him into a cornerback . He sucks as a wide receiver and like i said , the proof is in the pudding ! Maybe he could defend the ball , cause he sure as hell can't offense it .Take your little diamond in the rough , and "STEER" him back to Texas ! Young guy getting replaced by an old man . Give me a break !

TEEMONT
12-23-2009, 09:26 PM
THIS IS A GREAT PICK UP!!!!!!!

10 years ago

Silverback
12-25-2009, 02:31 AM
THIS IS A GREAT PICK UP!!!!!!!

10 years ago
:plus1: