PDA

View Full Version : Soo Much for Sweed.

OC Steel Curtain
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Out for the season.. Will he be back?? Wallace knows.

http://www.steelers.com/article/116134/

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
The Steelers need to resign Shaun McDonald this week who they released a month or so ago when they made the special teams changes especially if Hines Ward doesnt play with his bad hammy. The Steelers cannot afford to go into this game with Tyler Grisham as the 3rd wide receiver behind Holmes and Mike Wallace now that Sweed is out. Get McDonald resigned ASAP...

andyg1984
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM
does sweed have ANY trade value? like a 5th rounder?

Zachintosh66
12-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Now if only they would IR Gay...

Goodfrom55
12-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I think McDonald is on the Jets.

Zachintosh66
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I think McDonald is on the Jets.

Just checked the Jets roster... no sign of McBobble :)

Steel Trap86
12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
No he is isn't. pretty sure he's still a FA

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Well whatever the case maybe whether McDonald is still available or not they need to look into bringing in some kind of veteran receiver incase Hines cant play this week which is sounding like a pretty good possiblity now. You cant go into a game with the Ravens where everything is on the line and have Tyler Grisham who has never caught an NFL pass in his life as your 3rd wide receiver. McDonald by far would be the most logical choice to bring back in here. He is a veteran, he knows the Steelers system being with the team in pre-season and for part of the year so if he is still available Ill be absolutely shocked if they dont resign him...

lloydfan4life
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I just hope Harrison isn't taking over the long snapping duties with Warren out. :duh:

Big T
12-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Limas Sweed 2010!!! he'll rebound...I'm starting already....I will admit that I was wrong about him this season(I've cried every night). Limas will shut all his doubters up next season...

Though I really don't know all that he will do as the 4th reciever...

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Remember how open Wallace was all game last time we played the rats, Dixon couldn't get it there, lets hope we have that this time around, I know Ben can get it there!

DanRooney
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Limas won't make the team next year. You heard it here first. :yellowthumb:

steelerschick1220
12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
It was nice to see Mendenhall finally pan out.

I just don't see lightning striking twice and Sweed amounting to anything.

Would love to be proven wrong, but I dunno know......

LatrobePA
12-23-2009, 04:01 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/312566-is-limas-sweed-so-frustrated-he-is-quitting-the-steelers

NOVA STEELERS
12-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Watching Sweed during training camp on 3 different occasions I thought this Kid is gonna be what we have been missing.......... and then to watch him come game time :duh: It is really painful after watching what he CAN do and then watch him not do it :evilshake: I do hope they give him another shot, not sure if it is confidence or what, but he has the speed and hands (I Witnessed it) to be a great receiver :cope:

JensK
12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Good article, but no one can really tell. Im pretty sure we wont get to know anything before the offseason, because if he happens to be depressed, then they wont rush out and tell it during the season. I am still one of the guys who believes in Sweed big time. Hes got SO much talent as a WR (imo just as much as any guy on the Steelers team), but he has had some unlucky drops which has kind of ruined it for him, plus he has not been forced into playing. I think he just got on the wrong team, where he never got a chance to really see some playing time, other than when someone went down - Obviously that was not the way to start him, but **** happens i guess. Im pretty sure Steelers will give this guy chances untill his contract is up, since he is not making any significant money, and he cant be traded for anything right now, and Ward is not getting any younger, so they need to develop another WR sooner or later, and we all know that we have lots of needs in the draft but a WR, so i think and hope that they'll do what they can to make the guy pan out right.

Stairwayto7
12-24-2009, 07:56 AM
We`ve tried the, TALL wr before , 2005 4th Round 2005 Preseason Update: Unfortunately, Freddy Gibson replaced Plexico Burress in the wrong ways. He ran sloppy routes, he had mental errors and he refused to take responsibility for himself and his short-comings. He probably has the talent to be a successful NFL player, but his attitude is not All-Pro and therefore, he will never be very good.

Or what about Dallas Baker, 2007 at least we only wasted a 7th round pick!

Maybe we arent suppose to have a big wideout???

SWEED = BUST, I see no upside with him.

LatrobePA
12-24-2009, 09:16 AM
What normally happens to WR's that can't catch?? Play DB!

igor0190
12-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I see no upside with him.

No upside? The guy would have been an unquestioned first round draft pick if he didn't get injured. Guy has talent. Huge disappointment as of now, but when you really look at it all he hasn't been given that many chances. Unfortunately the ones he was given he failed miserably with some bad drops. They will give him another chance... next year.

JensK
12-24-2009, 09:45 AM
No upside? The guy would have been an unquestioned first round draft pick if he didn't get injured. Guy has talent. Huge disappointment as of now, but when you really look at it all he hasn't been given that many chances. Unfortunately the ones he was given he failed miserably with some bad drops. They will give him another chance... next year.

This ^ What's sad is, if he does not cut it with the Steelers, there can probably happen two things: He drops football, which be the worst lack of talent ever (if you don't look at how Browns destroy first-round talents), or second, he ends up in another club and plays well, and we'll all be angry about it.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2009, 01:42 PM
sweed sucks.