PDA

View Full Version : The Pittsburgh media is completely wrong about the Steelers wildcard scenarios...

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Im sitting here tonight watching the local news in Pittsburgh mainly on KDKA and on Channel 11 and Im telling you right now these guys on here that do the sports are completely clueless on how the Steelers can still get in the playoffs as the 6 seed. Channel 11 keeps saying that even if the Jags,Jets,Broncos and Texans all lose this Sunday and the Steelers beat the Ravens that the Steelers would still need the Ravens to lose in Oakland the last week of the season and that the Broncos would go in over them as the 6 seed in the AFC and that is completely and utterly wrong.

What the Pittsburgh sports media is totally leaving out is that the Ravens can still beat the Raiders in Oakland the last week and finish 9-7 and the Steelers can beat Miami and finish 9-7 with the Broncos who play Kansas City the last week of the season and get in over them as the 6 seed. They are completely failing to mention and realize that all 3 the Ravens,Steelers,and Broncos are competing for 2 different seeds. The Ravens if they finish 9-7 with the Steelers get the tiebraker with the Steelers for the 5th seed because of division record,and then head to head with Denver since they beat them. That however, doesnt mean the Steelers get automatically cancelled out of the 6th seed with Denver because it's a completely different seed. The Steelers would get in as the 6 over the Broncos because they beat them head to head. For the Pittsburgh media to fail to get this whole scenario thing right and deliver false information is completely inexcusable in my opinion. These guys had better catch up on this and update their information because they are totally completely wrong on every single scenario they have said for the Steelers getting in. Has anybody else noticed this or picked up on this while watching the local news sports last night and today Im just curious??

Goodfrom55
12-21-2009, 07:07 PM
You know what's "Funny"? Steelers beat KC, OAK, and CLE, they're 10-4 and in 1st place in the North.

But since they're not, trying to make sense out of their playoff chances isn't worth the headache to me - yet. If they beat the Ravens, then I'll start thinking about it. Too confusing for me at this point.

Zachintosh66
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
just win baby... one game at a time... just win

lloydfan4life
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
You know what's "Funny"? Steelers beat KC, OAK, and CLE, they're 10-4 and in 1st place in the North.

But since they're not, trying to make sense out of their playoff chances isn't worth the headache to me - yet. If they beat the Ravens, then I'll start thinking about it. Too confusing for me at this point.

:lol: too confusing for me too. They just need to win out... then it is what it is and somebody else can figure it out.

I'm with you. If they'd have taken care of business against KC, Oak & Cleve... then we're not even having this conversation.

Troy is pretty bright when it comes to this stuff though... so I'm listening to his scenarios. :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
43 is right and I never doubt him......I had to shut this Colts fan up last night on the Colts board I visit who was saying the Steelers have no chance to make the play-offs....He was looking at the division tie breakers instead of the wild card tiebreakers.....lol

LarryNJ
12-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Has anybody else noticed this or picked up on this while watching the local news sports last night and today Im just curious??

Why would we watch the local news for info when we have SA? :)

Unless of course they hire Ines Sainz or Lisa Dergan
:grin1:

75Steeler
12-22-2009, 09:59 AM
One game at a time is right. Worry about playing and winning the game that you are playing this week. Train for the next team and don't play down to the competition.

Richmond Rukus
12-22-2009, 03:09 PM
It's really not that complicated. With the same record we beat Denver, we do not beat the Ravens, Jets or Jacksonville. Right now, I'm just worried about beating the Ravens. Until we do that, playoffs are not even in mind.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2009, 03:19 PM
43, you should have so called in there and told them whats up man, or send them an email with what you just posted and let them know they are on crack! :hail:

Azzurri
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM
You are completely right, and this scenario generator bears it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&15=50001040&16=05005415

ejsteeler
12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
The only problem I see with that scenario is SD losing to Ten. That puts Houston in spoiler for us if they beat Miami and NE. Lots of things can happen in the next two weeks...we win out and lets what happens.....